Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

Most overrated players in the prem?

Just off the top of my head, mine would be-

Kyle walker - all attack and no defence. Looks clumsy in defence and a lot of the time his final ball is weak.

Craig Gardner- people go on about the amount of goals he scores but they mostly come from dodgy penalty decisions. Passing range looks weak for a midfielder too.

Tom Huddlestone - lazy, weak, doesn''t seem to want to tackle yet he pulls off one good pass in a game and everyone rates him.

Jonny Evans - looks far too weak a lot of the time and doesn''t seem to compete for headers.

Most of the villa team - if they were as good as people hyped them up to be, they wouldn''t have finished so low.

Any I missed?

Nani - extremely over rated - many people say he is only looked on so unfavorably because of coming out of Ronaldo''s shadow - just not good enough for top six for me.Gareth Barry - Do I need to explain?

Only joking re Holt, he''d be the most underrated striker in the Prem in fact - even by some on here - we will miss him next season. Big mistake. Massive. Huge.

[quote user="Herman "]Welbeck as well for me.[/quote]
And me, he is a Championship player. 

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''d happily have Welbeck in our starting 11 even if he is, allegedly, only of Championship standard, much like the scepticism towards Hooper.[/quote]
Really? Who would drop for him?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I''d pick Grant Holt over Danny Welbeck all day every day.

He''s sh*te.[/quote]
100%

[quote user="im spartacus"]andy carroll[/quote]
I think he has gone from being seriously overrated to a bit underrated personally. If he can stay fit he will easily justify £15m in a world where Peter Crouch goes for £10m at 31 years of age. 

Don''t think Nani is overrated, haven''t heard/seen anyone say he''s any good at all for ages and ages. Has the odd good game. But no one rates him for him to be underrated as far as I''m aware.

Yep. The usual suspects....

Barry

Milner

Downing (though everyone thinks he´s shite so maybe he isnt overrated!)

I could add many more to that list. Let´s face it very few players are worth anywhere near what we pay for them!!!

Strange thing with Welbeck is he would be my number one choice too....headless chicken and how he gets in ahead of J.Hernandez is beyond me!

in the Lambert season Utd would have beaten us by about 5 clear goals at Carrow Road if Welbeck could hit the target!!

However, i have this strange feeling in my guts that if he came to a side like us he would be a revelation.