Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds Discussion

I also think it would be a good idea to give any money raised to a worthwhile charity rather than the academy.

My two choices would be either

East Anglia Childrens Hospice because Eddie has been tirelessly raising funds for them for years and having myself been to one of their open days I was humbled and full of admiration of  the great work they do.

http://www.each.org.uk/

or

If we want to keep it connected with ncfc I''d choose the ncfc Community Sports Foundation which we all know does a good job of supporting disadvantages groups.

http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

Some people have suggested the Darren Huckerby Trust charity but having just looked at his trust website there haven''t been any updates, news or events reported since March 2011 so maybe we need to check whats happening with that before thats considered.

Enjoy the season everyone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

For you PUPs who are going to the Everton game we will meet after the match in The Nelson to present last years trophy.

[/quote]

[:$][H]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

For you PUPs who are going to the Everton game we will meet after the match in The Nelson to present last years trophy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is swaying required, or can we just slouch in upon arrival?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is swaying required, or can we just slouch in upon arrival?

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPFyzVT2K4

A quick update : -

I am still working to try and reach an outcome that will hopefully keep everyone happy. Things are moving but I appreciate that the season is nearly upon us. If we don''t make the 17th then all is not lost. The early weeks are notoriously difficult anyway. I think it''s important that we are clear in our objectives before we start raising funds. Thanks for your patience.

I am aiming to present last years funds of £381.91 at Colney when the U18s play Chelsea on 27th August. I''d urge any PUPs who''d like to attend to try and make it. It''s great to see the U18''s in action and see first hand what Rays Funds has helped produce.

For what it''s worth I can vouch for the Community Sports Foundation - it used to be ''football in the community''.

They are the force behind Norfolk Disability teams and have had a few young people involved with the learning disability team through work and they are nothing but great with them.

They also run holiday football courses etc which can be the place that some youngsters are spotted, along with sessions in schools.

Yes the CSF has a lot going for it Chicken. There have been many worthy causes mentioned on this thread. But I am convinced that Rays Funds needs the focus to remain with the football club we all support. If we can do that whilst supporting CSF or other charities that would be great. That''s what I''m trying to work towards anyway!

Yoiur contribution is appreciated buddy. Please come back and take part during the season.

I am still working to try and reach an outcome that will hopefully keep everyone happy. Things are moving but I appreciate that the season is nearly upon us. If we don''t make the 17th then all is not lost. The early weeks are notoriously difficult anyway. I think it''s important that we are clear in our objectives before we start raising funds. Thanks for your patience.

I am aiming to present last years funds of £381.91 at Colney when the U18s play Chelsea on 27th August. I''d urge any PUPs who''d like to attend to try and make it. It''s great to see the U18''s in action and see first hand what Rays Funds has helped produce.

[/quote]

Nutty, not sure if the U18''s game is an evening game or whether it would change your timing but just a reminder....the Capital Cup game against Bury is also that evening.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nutty, not sure if the U18''s game is an evening game or whether it would change your timing but just a reminder....the Capital Cup game against Bury is also that evening.

[/quote]

Thanks Yankee. I didn''t realise that but it''s ok because the game at Colney is 1pm kick off. The other date I considered was Sat 17th for the game against Blackburn but 1st team are also at home that day too and I tried a Saturday last time but very few people could make it. The important thing is to get the money presented and share that with all you PUPs. 

I''m still waiting to hear back from the club. I know that it was due to be discussed late last week. We could start, I''m all up for starting because Rays Funds will happen in whatever direction we end up, but it''s difficult to ask for donations and participants without knowing what we will be raising funds for.

Haven''t forgotten about PMing you a couple of ideas I''ve had Nutty, just been quite distracted at home recently! Never had such a busy year, flown by so far!

Also hope to make it to the Nelson after the Everton match, will be nice to finally meet you and a few others!

That''d be great GPele. We are presenting last year''s trophy because Leeds will be down for the game. Tilly still has eyes for the City Hall balcony but I reckon it will be The Nelson [;)]

OK.. Let''s try and get the ball rolling...

Does anybody have any objections to starting this week before the finer details are sorted?

OK.. Let''s try and get the ball rolling...

Does anybody have any objections to starting this week before the finer details are sorted?

[/quote]

No objection. It gives us an extra chance of raising money. I can''t imagine that anyone would be so opposed to the eventual choice of charity that they would wish they hadn''t taken part.

OK, we''ll start this week and I''ll put the thread up tomorrow teatime as usual.

Now if you’re reading this and wondering what it’s all about I’ll explain. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. There’s a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used to be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These donations are made to me personally or via paypal on canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also the email address for anyone who wishes to contact me.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 31 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £2038 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread which is up every Wednesday during the season. It''s as simple as that.

Come on everybody to make this work Eddie needs your financial support as well as your picks so please somehow get a tenner to him. It is the best thread on this messageboard by a country mile and where else can you get around 40 weeks entertainment for ten quid ?

Just to say that although we do have to self fund this we don''t expect people to pay to play. Just join in and see how it goes.

I''m Back!

After a few years away now I''ve decided that I need to get involved again and even if I cant be bothered by the gob shi*e bickering that goes on with this once great message board I shall be putting in my dead cert each week to help raise some Wonga for a great cause.

I''m looking forward to the start of the season and another progressive year for our club I just hope we don''t get our expectation too high because if we like it or not we are in another relegation fight and that must be our first aim to secure safety.

Look forward to seeing some of you in my favourite place after the Everton game and will be more than happy to put my hand in my pocket so one of the top 40 pickers can try their luck against those horrible bookies this season

As always Eddie your are doing a grand job and I''m sure Ray will be looking down with a huge smile on his face

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]

I''m Back!

After a few years away now I''ve decided that I need to get involved again and even if I cant be bothered by the gob shi*e bickering that goes on with this once great message board I shall be putting in my dead cert each week to help raise some Wonga for a great cause.

I''m looking forward to the start of the season and another progressive year for our club I just hope we don''t get our expectation too high because if we like it or not we are in another relegation fight and that must be our first aim to secure safety.

Look forward to seeing some of you in my favourite place after the Everton game and will be more than happy to put my hand in my pocket so one of the top 40 pickers can try their luck against those horrible bookies this season

As always Eddie your are doing a grand job and I''m sure Ray will be looking down with a huge smile on his face

[/quote]

I was only only thinking about you the other day. Where have you been DDD?

Great to have you back on board Devon[Y]

See you on Saturday[Y]

Rumour has it Tilly has a speech prepared so we need some hecklers...

"Rumour has it Tilly has a speech prepared"

what''s the betting it starts .......

evenin'' all

I have that affect on women Kathy [;)]

I have now moved to this fine City and have taken up residence in the slums of St Stephens, Transfered with work and 2 days after I excepted the job found out after 3 years on the waiting list I''d got myself a season ticket, happy days!

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Anyone else worried that John Terry will turn up and ruin Tilly''s moment of glory?!?![/quote]

There must be something about JTs.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Having now read at least three posters suggesting that we contact the club and or Mr.McNally and involve them by bringing them on board to work alongside the PUPs I think some have lost sight or in blissfully unaware of the attitude towards working with supporters. Today the club uses Twitter,Facebook and e-mails to interact with its supporters,face to face meetings,roadshows and forums are a distant memory.

This thread started out as working with FONCY to give money to the Academy.That total exceeded £360,000 over the years but because the club sidelined FONCY and no longer was prepared to work alongside side them FONCY duly threw in the towel.Without giving an even longer history lesson the SCG was disbanded,NCISA who over the years gave circa.£50,000 to the club has gone and all because the club have moved away from consultation. How easy it is in this day and age to fend off questions and concerns with Tweets of less than 140 characters than sit round a table for a couple of hours and meet people face to face. That is the world moving forward in 2013 like it or not.

So in a nutshell if people seriously think the club will play ball with us on any PUPs charitable project I say think again guys.We raise a few hundred pounds a season which is great and it is wonderful entertainment for us and has brought good friendships amongst some but it is an insignificant sum of money as far as NCFC is concerned for them to bother about. I respect everybody''s point of view and do not wish to appear negative but I am a realist. We will be on our own with this one but I am sure we will be fine led by Eddie and hopefully a few willing volunteers.

[/quote]

Maybe perception and reality are two different things Nutty?