McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Norwich made a huge -and almost successful - play for Quagliarella. The visit to Chatillon and the approach of the club really impressed Juve and the player. Juve were keen, though perhaps overplayed their hand, squeezing for an amount they would have taken half of 6 months later.

Truthfully Quagliarella - I suspect with justification - was simply not sure of a move away from Italian football. The kudos of England would have been a fashionable thing to do, though leaving Juve is hard to present as anything other than a downwards move.

A return to Napoli - a romantic homecoming - always looked more likely, though his contract will likely have to run down first as his wages remain considerable.

The missing piece of the jigsaw on paper, though I suspect He made the right decision for all concerned.

Parma

I think he was an excellent player for the system we had. His shooting from distance alone was very well suited.

However we could not simply play our own pieces in the premiership, other teams are too good and we did not have enough weapons.

Whatever Quagliarella would have given us, him as 10 plus any of our other available strikers would have been too front loaded, particularly when our most penetrative wider players like Redmond and Murphy, were too flawed tactically or too callow to allow to overcome better teams with strong organisational structures. Quagliarella drops into the hole, but doesn''t get around the pitch like Hoolahan, so there is not much added central midfield ballast.

A Crouch figure in a structural pivot role, with Quagliarella coming from deeper and faster players going beyond (with the Tettey and Johnson screen we see now), Snodgrass tucking in and Redmond freer might have been more progressive and produced more goals with defensive structure retained.

Truthfully though, I don''t think he would have settled...

Parma

(On reflection, I could have made that a one line answer...)

I''ve got the feeling that we''re never going to see Fabio in a Norwich shirt-shame on us all for not getting to 100 pages on the thread.

McLovin wrote the following post at 11/07/2013 4:04 PM:

Of juve,

Being linked with an €8 million move to norwich

------------------------------------

Little did Mclovin know what he started, and with only 26 posts i''m not sure he ever will.

(love the name btw, superbad is awesome)

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I''ve got the feeling that we''re never going to see Fabio in a Norwich shirt-shame on us all for not getting to 100 pages on the thread.[/quote]

That would be a shame not to at least reach 90

Wow, he cost Torino 3.5million Euro''s!!! Wasn''t the rumour £10million?!!! That is some drop in value after only one season.He won a penalty of Vidic in his first game too. Plenty of fouls in him that chap.

[quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]

I think he was an excellent player for the system we had.

Parma,

Does that mean he would not fit the current system under NA?

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[quote user="alartz"]Can this pointless thread be stopped and deleted now Beyond boring now[/quote]

Yes, why on earth do people keep posting on this thread ?  I wish they''d stop.

...damn

[/quote]Tsk.... Idiot..... [A]

I thought I would jump on the bandwagon and post on this thread as well. I was starting to feel I was missing out and the only one without this thread in their portfolio.

I can''t recall if I have contributed to this thread previously, but then again I couldn''t tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Does this help push it towards page 89?