McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

I posted what I saw on Twitter earlier today but it doesn''t really mean anything - I think most of you will agree this story has been up and down more times than Peter Stringfellow''s leather pants BUT, whilst other clubs names are mentioned from time to time, the one name that refuses to leave the picture is our very own Norwich City. I find it interesting that he was quoted as saying that playing in the Premier League does interest him, this is perhaps the only indication in 59 pages that we still have a chance at least.

If it goes to script, it''ll all be back on tomorrow, off on Tuesday, back on Wednesday, fallen through Thursday... (Signed on Friday?)

Not giving up hope just yet!.

He isn''t joining, in Italy reports are saying he has rejected us and Sunderland because he is determined to get a move to a Champions League team or stay in Serie A. We have been instead linked with Mounir El Hamadoui from Fiorentina, who scored 3 goals in 20 games last year, is 29 year olds and a Moroccan International.

This thread is just proof that the Italian media are the worst around for transfer rumours - think they have gone in a full loop about 3 or 4 times already.

Although I know it won''t happen, it is probably not worth looking at the huge amount of reports coming out of Italy, as nearly all of them are from the furtive imagination of Italian jurnos (also, many of the websites people have been linking to are fan sites or pretty ''low grade'' sites whom have absolutely no inside information).

With speculation on Quagliarella''s future at a feverish level, I''m pretty sure if he wasn''t coming to Norwich or the Premier League his agent would have come out and said so already - the prolonged silence is a sign that no one who has been linked has been ruled out from the players side.

What is know is that Napoli and Lazio have both come out and said they will not be signing Quagliarella - if he wants to stay in Italy then he is quickly running out of options.

Yep, load of nutters. At the moment Quagliarella really wants to come to the EPL but wants to wait for another offer. He likes what he hears from the Italian contingent at Sunderland but does not want to go there. Juventus can''t accept Sunderland''s loan offer but can West Ham''s. Confused? You will be....

I cant wait for this thread to disappear, my first and last post on it, and im well aware ive promoted it to the top. I hope he doesn''t come, to old to adjust to PL in my opinion.

***BREAKING***

David Moyes has acquired Fabio Quagliarella in exchange for Wayne Rooney and a case of vintage Pokemon cards.

In other transfer news, NCFC is being heavily linked to a brownish duck living in a pond near a nice hat shop. The duck''s representation could not be reached for comment.

***DEVELOPING***

Is this the stage where his agent sees we''ve made the only acceptable bid for him and so a few ''stories'' appear showing him moving to other "better" Premiership teams? We''re still the favourites on SkyBet, maybe not quite the front runners we once were, but at least it means that there''s no other ITK fan of Sunderland or West Ham that knows a deal is happening.

While he''s still at Juve and while we''re still looking, theres a chance.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]60 pages on a player that''s not coming here is Prittie impressive I must add[/quote]

Quagliarella is Italian for Cheeseboard.

For me, Hughton did a selling job to him some time back and he''s clearly not interested.  So if he comes here, it will be reluctantly because nowhere better has come in for him.  Whereas all the other signings we''ve made this summer still fit the young & hungry mould, just at a higher level than before.  OK maybe not Nash.

Can''t remember us being seriously linked with a Juve player before.  But the reality is that Juve to City would be a step down for him and he''d clearly prefer to avoid it.  So if he did end up signing now, I''d be concerned whether he''d feel he is too big for us.  Time to move on.

This one needs to be put to bed one way or another. Can someone get down to QPR''s training ground and catch Harry coming out of the Car Park? He would know of course. He knows everything.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

For me, Hughton did a selling job to him some time back and he''s clearly not interested.

[/quote]

I agree with this, think we''ve had enough time to sell the club to him so doesn''t look good.

Still find it weird that CUSDP ''bumped'' this thread. The only reasons I can think why he''d do that is to either hint that a deal was done and dusted, or that he was on a wind up...

I was hoping there would be a clue on this from McNally whilst he was talking to the Captial Canaries last night - although they have (so far) managed to keep most of content from that Q&A from leaking out. The fact that nothing has been leaked suggests there wasn''t much of interest said, but would be nice to know if the Q was asked and what A it was given.

If there is anyone reading this board who might be able to shed a little insight that would be wonderful.

Even if asked about specific players he would not give a straight answer. I can''t see what all the secrecy is about last night, it was only a Supporters Group after all. Did he not say we are still pursuing two players; A defender and a forward though?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Even if asked about specific players he would not give a straight answer. I can''t see what all the secrecy is about last night, it was only a Supporters Group after all. Did he not say we are still pursuing two players; A defender and a forward though?[/quote]

I wouldn''t expect an express ''Yes'' answer if we were going after Quagliarella, but if the deal was impossible it wouldn''t be a bad idea for him to say it isn''t happening - would be better PR than Norwich fans having their hopes dashed when we see a picture of Quagliarella holding a Sunderland shirt next to a mugging Di Canio. McNally could say last night - we looked at him and then felt the deal wasn''t right for us (or similar words).

Did he say that about a defender and a forward? I haven''t seen that anywhere (but must admit I haven''t look particulary hard).

That''s a definite for sure .when I was talking with him at the portland game,and asked him about any signings that where happening he stated even if there were any happening I would and could not tell.It was 4 hrs later,Hooper was signed

For those interested, the latest rumours on Twitter tonight are suggesting Quagliarella is off to Qatar...