McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="super canary"]Sweet mother of jupiter this is a sizeable thread.....not having been a regular on the site, could anybody tell me if there have been any longer ones (rude)[/quote]

This is an unusual occurrence. There have been, on occasions, topics with more pages; the recent Gary Hooper transfer saga comes immediately to mind (68 pages but made up with 21 threads).

[quote user="The New Boy"]46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.

9 starts for Italy in his career, 4 of those in friendlies, and he is called an ''Italy International''.

[/quote]

You don''t want him to come to Norwich - we get it. You don''t have to keep repeating the same point over and over again.

Are you trying to make everyone agree with you through sheer persistance?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"]46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.

9 starts for Italy in his career, 4 of those in friendlies, and he is called an ''Italy International''.

[/quote]

You don''t want him to come to Norwich - we get it. You don''t have to keep repeating the same point over and over again.

[/quote]
No, not at all. I am happy for people to disagree with me. 
But that doesn''t mean that I won''t present my opinions. 

Fabio Quagliarella, ella ella, ay ay ay

repeat until you''re the only one signing and you feel self-concious.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"]46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But why present them again and again and again without adding anything new, and resorting to insults when people disagree with you?

I''d never heard of him at the start of this thread so I''ve not missed a single post....but I''m still no wiser. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''d never heard of him at the start of this thread so I''ve not missed a single post....but I''m still no wiser. [:S][/quote]

No, lapps, but you are much better informed...[:P]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"]46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But why present them again and again and again without adding anything new, and resorting to insults when people disagree with you?

[/quote]
To the contrary, I''ve had hardly any involvement in this thread until today. It started on 11th July. You have been involved since the start. Can I not have my one day of moaning about Quags? You lot have had almost a month of reporting every single fart with daily updates about how much closer we are to not signing a Juventus bench warmer. 

The New Boy wrote: "You have been involved since the start. Can I not have my one day of moaning about Quags?"

You have posted elsewhere in the forum though. One of the points you repeatedly make is that he cannot speak any English - as of yet no evidence to back this up. In fact his twitter account features regular English tweets for ''worldwide'' fans.

On top of that you have also stated that you would prefer Maloney here.

In terms of comparisons - Quag is better in terms of what he has achieved.

[quote user="chicken"]The New Boy wrote: "You have been involved since the start. Can I not have my one day of moaning about Quags?"

You have posted elsewhere in the forum though. One of the points you repeatedly make is that he cannot speak any English - as of yet no evidence to back this up. In fact his twitter account features regular English tweets for ''worldwide'' fans.

On top of that you have also stated that you would prefer Maloney here.

In terms of comparisons - Quag is better in terms of what he has achieved.[/quote]
I admit, I did say that in this thread. 
What I have previously said is that he probably doesn''t speak English, and I have previously said that we "don''t know if he speaks English". I made a mistake on this thread, fair play, we all make mistakes. We still don''t know if he does or not though, so "we don''t know if he speaks English" still applies. Hands held up, erroneous post without basis. 
As for the Shaun Maloney opinion, why the hell can I not admire Shaun Maloney? I think that he is a great little player and I make no apology for holding that opinion.  

So Shaun Maloney is a "great little player" but Quagliarella isn''t good enough... you sir, are definitely on crack. Quags is 10 x the player Maloney is, and I think Maloney is half decent.

If you seriously would rather have Maloney than Quags then you have clearly never seen Quag play and are posting out of sheer ignorance.

[quote user="kick it off"]So Shaun Maloney is a "great little player" but Quagliarella isn''t good enough... you sir, are definitely on crack. Quags is 10 x the player Maloney is, and I think Maloney is half decent.

If you seriously would rather have Maloney than Quags then you have clearly never seen Quag play and are posting out of sheer ignorance.[/quote]
"but Quagliarella isn''t good enough"
When you show me where I''ve ever said that he isn''t good enough I will give you a thousand pounds. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="kick it off"]So Shaun Maloney is a "great little player" but Quagliarella isn''t good enough... you sir, are definitely on crack. Quags is 10 x the player Maloney is, and I think Maloney is half decent.

If you seriously would rather have Maloney than Quags then you have clearly never seen Quag play and are posting out of sheer ignorance.[/quote]
When you show me where I''ve ever said that he isn''t good enough I will give you a thousand pounds. 
[/quote]
He never quoted you as saying that, but from how you have been talking that is how it sounds and what people are most likely thinking that is what you mean.

[quote user="YellowBlood"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="kick it off"]So Shaun Maloney is a "great little player" but Quagliarella isn''t good enough... you sir, are definitely on crack. Quags is 10 x the player Maloney is, and I think Maloney is half decent.

[/quote]
He never quoted you as saying that, but from how you have been talking that is how it sounds and what people are most likely thinking that is what you mean.
[/quote]
Just for the avoidance of any doubt, my opinions on the Quag transfer were layed out pretty clearly here: 
Chicken and Bethnal were very active in that thread, so they should already know where I stand. In fairness to them both, they have been very consistent with their arguments ever since 18th July. But I am also being consistent with mine. 
Bethnal most have posted a dozen times in that thread to present his pro-Quag argument, yet he wants to keep my own anti-Quag argument off this page. If you read that thread you will see that I was very respectful to his own point of view and never told him to - well - ''shut up'' basically, is what he is saying.
I state on that thread that I believe Toivanen would be much more effective in this league, and also make the suggestion of Carlos Vela. It''s just an opinion. I admire Shaun Maloney, but I''ve presented numerous other names for the second striker role. Vela would be my preference.

Im a bit disappointed in myself for agreeing with you on this one, still don''t think he is the kind of player for us. Much more West Ham.

I''d still prefer Toivonen or somebody similar.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Im a bit disappointed in myself for agreeing with you on this one, still don''t think he is the kind of player for us. Much more West Ham.

I''d still prefer Toivonen or somebody similar.[/quote]
The thing about Toivonen is that he is strong in the air. With a strikeforce of Quag, Hooper and Van Wolfswinkel, we had better hope that we are are good enough with the ball on the floor. We have lost Grant Holt, we instantly become less dangerous in the air and from set pieces. Toivonen could be our Tim Cahill. 
I''ve expressed my frustration and lashed out at Toivonen a few times (if he doesn''t want to be here then f'' him, etc etc), but of the three attacking centre midfielders that we are linked with - Maxi Lopez, Quags, and Toivonen, he is just the one who excites me the most. Could even be our Michu. 

[quote user="Fleckys FlipFlop"]TNB, the silly comment was this; "Well it isn''t 30 either is it? It is 30 and a half." The comment is silly because 30 and a half IS 30 years old.[/quote]
I was being intentionally provocative, otherwise known as ''having a laugh'' or saying something with my tongue firmly in my cheek. Hope that clarifies. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The New Boy"]46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To the contrary, I''ve had hardly any involvement in this thread until today. It started on 11th July. You have been involved since the start. Can I not have my one day of moaning about Quags? You lot have had almost a month of reporting every single fart with daily updates about how much closer we are to not signing a Juventus bench warmer. 

[/quote]

I really do not wish to have any further discussion with you as you are quite clearly a complete idiot. You make the statement above yet today (above) you refer to a lengthy post you made on the subject on 17th July. Are you on something?

What New Boy has said elsewhere:

Chicken wrote "So for me getting Maloney would be after giving up on the likes of Quag and Toivonen."

New Boy wrote (in response): "Good. One of them doesn''t speak English and the other one clearly thinks that we are below him. I don''t want either of them."

And if you look back over this thread you have insulted quite a few posters in response to their fair questions and hole picking in you opinions.

Now I am quite happy to believe that your opinion has changed since you stated the above. That would be great but in another thread you state that you aren''t really interested in other peoples opinions and you told me not to waste my time expressing mine as it wasn''t going to convince you otherwise.

I honestly don''t understand why you find it difficult to agree that upon achievement and ability if you are talking about the players we have been linked with for the Wes role - it would go in this order:

Quagliarella, Toivonen and then Maxi Lopez. We haven''t been linked with Maloney but if we were I suspect that he would arguably be perhaps around the same sort of mark as Lopez.

Well let me try and wipe the slate clean. 
[quote] other one clearly thinks that we are below him. [/quote]
Like I said above, I''ve lashed out at Toivanan, but I still see him as my preferred option out of the three that we are heavily linked with. The man is a beast. 
[quote] Now I am quite happy to believe that your opinion has changed since you stated the above.  [/quote]
If given a clear choice between Toivanan, Quag and Lopez, I would put them in the order that I have just written them, and I don''t think that this represents a change in opinion. 
[quote] That would be great but in another thread you state that you aren''t really interested in other peoples opinions  [/quote]
I actually said that I wasn''t interested in yours, apologies if this offended you, and I will retract. 
[quote] it wasn''t going to convince you otherwise.  [/quote]
Well your opinion won''t change my opinion, and I don''t expect mine to change yours? So I see no issue with this statement. 
[quote] I honestly don''t understand why you find it difficult to agree that upon achievement and ability if you are talking about the players we have been linked with for the Wes role - it would go in this order:

Quagliarella, Toivonen and then Maxi Lopez. [/quote]
I 100% would not disagree with that, and never have. I did provide a link to a previous thread and in that thread is this comment by me: "He may be technically better, but I doubt he would be any more effective. I think Toivonen is built perfectly for the Premier League and his ability in the air would be really valuable to a team who have just lost Grant Holt". - I still hold this opinion. Di Canio was blessed with a god given talent, but did he win any more points for West Ham than Kevin Nolan does now? Is he any more effective than Tim Cahill was for Everton? That''s the ''ability'' bit. I think that the ''achievement'' bit is very subjective, and there is a good saying about dwelling on past achievements. Unfortunately I can''t recite it. 
[quote] We haven''t been linked with Maloney but if we were I suspect that he would arguably be perhaps around the same sort of mark as Lopez.[/quote]
I''d rate him as much better personally, but we can hold differing opinions. My initial suggestion of Maloney has been twisted though, I actually followed it with "if the price is right". If the price is £5m then the price isn''t right. If it is £3m then he''d be a bargain at that. In my opinion. 

I''m not feeling a lot of love on this thread.

Can''t we all just be friends?

With all this in fighting this forum is starting to feel like a QPR training camp or week 7 of big brother.

Love thy fellow city fan

2-5 fav to join us according to this Juve sitehttp://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-notizie/corsport-partenza-quagliarella-quotata-a-140-150741

I was really interested in the player and reading peoples views on here, but after the last 5 or so pages I''ve realized something.Some of you need to get out more and stop being keyboard warriors lol

[quote user="ricardo"]2-5 fav to join us according to this Juve sitehttp://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-notizie/corsport-partenza-quagliarella-quotata-a-140-150741[/quote]Very interesting indeed. That''s pretty heavy odds on but I guess it wouldn''t take a massive amount of cash to affect the price. Fingers crossed!

[quote user="Alejandra"]Some of you need to get out more.......[/quote]Is that an offer Alejandra? [B] [D] [+o(]