McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Am I the only one who doesn''t think this is a good move at all? Nor have I vaguely seen enough in the media to suggest there is any genuine interest.

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]Am I the only one who doesn''t think this is a good move at all? Nor have I vaguely seen enough in the media to suggest there is any genuine interest.[/quote]

Not sure how you could not see this as a good move?

It would be the biggest signing in our history and the highest profile player ever to wear a NCFC shirt.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="pilksfanclub"]Am I the only one who doesn''t think this is a good move at all? Nor have I vaguely seen enough in the media to suggest there is any genuine interest.[/quote]

Not sure how you could not see this as a good move?

It would be the biggest signing in our history and the highest profile player ever to wear a NCFC shirt.[/quote]
Dont be surprised Cantiaci. I remember when some fans thought Snodgrass was too-high-a-profile signing for us! Lol. Remember most Norfolk people have never left the county, having an Italian in the team would almost be like employing an Alien to play for us

It''s nothing to do with his profile. He is 30 turning 31 in the season would be quite expensive given that profile particularly when wages are factored in. He is a player declining who doesn''t work hard either. He doesn''t fit the ethos of the team or club. It doesn''t make sense it is a QPR signing based on profile rather than fit or current/future ability.

My only concern would be how well he could adapt- the Italian league is very different to the Premiership and Italian players are generally not known for having great success outside of their own league. Still would be delighted if we got him!

This deal is dead in the water. My source is the ever reliable Wiz who is claiming that it is a fact it isn''t happening. Now although he has no evidence I believe him completely as he is a beloved and reliable poster

Come on guys, even if he did turn out to be a flop, it''d make people sit up and take notice. Plus i''d actually want to be Norwich on Fifa 2014!

Perhaps this is the time for the management to be a bit cheeky in the transfer market. There''s money available and Quag is the type of player that could fire us into Europe.

I don''t think the age thing is that big a deal.  I think we need a few more experienced heads in the team.  I also think FQ would be able to play a little deeper behind RVW and that they could link up pretty well together. 

Personally, I don;t think this deal will happen, but it would be great signing if it did...

Age isn''t a big deal if the player isn''t declining which he is. With RVW and FQ we would be carrying two players who aren''t great hard workers bit of a change of ethos no? As I said don''t see it working. Also since our best chance of Europe is the cups I don''t think he is the player who is going to work really hard against a Bradford .

Hey jim...

Come on guys, even if he did turn out to be a flop, it''d make people sit up and take notice. Plus i''d actually want to be Norwich on Fifa 2014!

Perhaps this is the time for the management to be a bit cheeky in the transfer market. There''s money available and Quag is the type of player that could fire us into Europe.

I always play Norwich on Fifa manager mode :-)

I can fully understand the reservations about the cost, the player''s age and the effect of the ''Italian temperament'' upon the team and club ethos.

In many ways this is a bold excursion where no (Norwich City) man(ager) has gone before.

It excites me though. I want it to happen. It would be a profile-raiser such as our Club has never had before. We will no longer be the MotD whipping boys and the pundits annual favourites for relegation, we are Norwich City whose status and affordability means that we can now have World class players donning the Yellow.

It could backfire big-time, of course. It could be a very (very) expensive mistake, but perhaps we are now ready for such an ''experiment.'' The prospect of him playing behind a fully-firing RvW is, quite frankly, mouth-watering in the extreme.  

Let''s take a risk for once.  

The flaw in this post, BroadstairsR, is that he isn''t near world class otherwise I would agree with you! Profile raiser yes but I don''t care about that I just want the best for the team and getting MOTD to be nicer about us just doesn''t form part of that equation!

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]The flaw in this post, BroadstairsR, is that he isn''t near world class otherwise I would agree with you! Profile raiser yes but I don''t care about that I just want the best for the team and getting MOTD to be nicer about us just doesn''t form part of that equation![/quote]

Fair enough and I can''t believe I posted that in a way. I am usually the ultra-conservative one with regards to the NCFC budget, and view it as I do my own, not wishing it to be either over-expansive or subject to unnecessary  risk-taking. For example, I would wish our wages ceiling to be incrementally adjusted in respect of the progress the Club is making rather than be subject to the kind of leap upwards that has been mentioned in this thread.

I still am unable to resist the idea of having this player on-board though, whatever we might consider his pedigree in the game to be, and feel that it would be an imaginative step-forward and an exciting one amidst the logical and worthy progression that has been the McNally/Hughton way thus far.

piklsfanclub wrote - "Am I the only one who doesn''t think this is a good move at all? Nor have I vaguely seen enough in the media to suggest there is any genuine interest.

#################################

The flaw in this post, BroadstairsR, is that he isn''t near world class otherwise I would agree with you! Profile raiser yes but I don''t care about that I just want the best for the team and getting MOTD to be nicer about us just doesn''t form part of that equation! "

The players name is Fabio Quagliarella that we are talking about. You are obviously thinking of someone else.

I agree this guy is good, and in answer to the above; of course I know this guy, I''ve seen him play several times. But there''s better value out there. I would never agree he''s ''world class''. He''s barely international class. But he''s top level.

Nevertheless, he''s thirty, he''s overpriced and completely unproven. I''d place many, many forwards ahead of him for who we need to support RVW, especially if we''re paying top dollar.

I''d rather we pay out the £6M Celtic want for Hooper and have a player who''s younger and wants premiership football to try and stake a claim for an England place prior to the World Cup.

Palmeiri is awful.

@Joanna Grey er we are talking about the same player perhaps you should stop thinking we are talking about him 3-4 years ago

Still some international chatter about Quagliarella according to that whotalking thing...

One tweet suggesting could be finalised when club return from USA.

Also tweets saying West Ham and Rubin Kazan are chasing him too...

Hughton is weighing up his options, and the rest of the transfer kit needs to be spread equally so if hooper is too much we''ll look elsewhere.

pilksfanclub wrote - "@Joanna Grey er we are talking about the same player perhaps you should stop thinking we are talking about him 3-4 years ago"

He would have cost at least £13m then. Last season he scored 9 and made 4 assists in the equivalent of 13 games playing in Serie A. Hardly the performance of a "has been".

Even if he gets one goals that could potentially mean a higher finishing position which could easily pay off his transfer fee. Most likely we will get a good three years out of the boy. One more example Milan thought  Pirlo was too old Juventus thought otherwise look at what he achieved.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]If, as reported, QPR have had a £5m bid for Hooper accepted, surely we could match that if we want him.[/quote]

Especially as we were prepared to pay more than that in January.