McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

August 2023:

Fabio Quagliarella today made his debut for Norwich City scoring a hat trick in a 5:0 thrashing of Arsenal. In the post match interview Fabio (40) revealed he had finally been persuaded to join the Canaries following the decade long campaign on the Pinkun Message Board which now has 3,552 pages dedicated to the one time Juventus hit man. Fabio of course retired from professional football in 2019 but still looks a snip at the £15million signing on fee. Norwich manager Chris Hughton (the premiership longest serving manager) praised his striker''s efforts but insisted he would need to up his game so far as his "defensive duties" were concerned.

Juve fans continue to have mixed feelings about Quagliarella. Most would observe that he has never let Juve down and maintains the best minutes-to-goals ratio.

General criticisms would be that he doesn''t involve himself in the pattern of play enough, has a tendency to shoot on sight and tends not to do a great deal other than scoring goals.

Technically his shooting is revered, though most note that Conte''s 352 doesn''t favour his abilities and he is widely believed to feel that Quagliarella is surplus to requirements and I''ll-suited to the way he wants the team to play.

Quagliarella continues to do what he has always done however, which is score goals whenever he plays. This provides a paradox, as most Italians respect game-changers and afford them luxury status (bombers and fantasistas).

Juve will not - and need not - offer Quagliarella the freedom of a number 10 role, though he would have been a wonderful complement to our intended shape pre-season. He always appeared an unlikely traveller and will find/accept a good, middle tier Italian in due course. As we find find a better shape for our midfield 3, with a single defensive pivot, rather than a flat 2 shield and free-roaming 10, I don''t think he is necessarily the ideal choice now. Building the team around Fer and buying a ball-retaining CB might now be a better progression or a 10 that carries less travel risk (it is a position that the Dutch rever and have many players for the role).

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Think I saw Fabio at the fans forum. Make of that what you will...[/quote]Actually it was me wearing my Quagga mask.[:D]

For those that missed it -[:D]

Fabio Quagliarella delighted Biancanary fans across the globe

during this afternoon’s (10/10/13) #AskQuagliarella live Twitter chat held at the

club’s training complex in Vinovo.

The striker, who found the target in today’s comfortable 7-0 friendly

victory over Pavia, ensured his first thoughts were with opposition

midfielder Lorenzo Degeri, who was taken to hospital for tests after

suffering a blow to the head in the opening stages of the workout.

He tweeted: “Before answering your questions I’d like to send my best wishes to Pavia’s Degeri. Get well soon Lorenzo!”

As the questions continued to flow in at a steady rate, Fabio,

tablet in hand, commented on a variety of subjects - ranging from

football to his personal hobbies and aspirations - during the 30-minute

question and answer section.

Amongst other things, he revealed his desire to earn a recall to

the national squad, spoke passionately about his second favourite sport,

Formula 1, and confessed he would love to have children one day.

Quagliarella’s openness clearly captured the imagination of his

adoring supporters, particularly in Italy, where the #AskQuagliarella

hashtag was the number one trending topic on Twitter.

Out for weeks with an adductor longus injury - always knew that getting such an old player would be a disaster - well rid. (That''s a lie of course) Anyway would never get the ball playing for us let alone score so we saved that fee..

Someone send him a link to this thread, he might be able to get to the end of it by the time he''s fit.

Yeah, well spotted, wonder if it''s anything to do with the injury that was mentioned a few posts before yours?

I''ve just sent him a ''Get Well Soon'' card and he''s also on my Christmas card list.

I hope some of you out there follow my example.

Fabio, Fabio wherefore art thou Fabio?

The answer to all the prayers ...... player/manager.

That''s about as sensible as many of the other suggestions I have read today.

Might we still be trying to entice him to the club in January or has this ship sailed now (if it was ever a possibility). A lot of the idea we might be an option for him seemed to stem from him being frozen out at Juve. Can anyone who follows Italian football comment on how his season has gone? Is he still on the fringes, or has he fought well for his place? Come January are we going to be chasing him again?

[quote user="HerefordCanary"]SIgned him in the January window on FIFA and had him swapped +cash with chelsea for Lukaku the following summer, he was shocking for the half a season I had him[/quote]Ah when I play as Juventus I put him just behind tevez

Two Starts in the League and 5 sub appearances. 1 Goal.

One start in the Champions League and 2 sub appearances. 2 Goals 1 Assist.

Useful.

Snake

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]For some distraction please from the same old 200x post of the current topic...if not a footballer, what would the Quag do?[/quote]Airline pilot