McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="SYG"]Ed Balls?[/quote]Ed Balls once tweeted his own name by accident. Presumably he was looking on twitter to see what people were saying about him, but he accidentally sent the tweet out into the world.Every few months the tweet re-appears as a random person retweets itThis is what I will imagine happen to this threadone day out of the blueBAM Fabio Quagliarella thread back on the front page

According to the BBC this morning, Quagliarella is in England today and West Brom is the likely destination, with West Hams loan move collapsing.

Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper, Elmander, Quagliarella (Becchio, although done nothing wrong, sold back to the Championship) - now that would be a strikeforce that can score and create goals, I''m still keeping my fingers crossed although I''m guessing we''re not in for Quag anymore.

Also, skybet have the west ham deal at evens, suggesting it''s unlikely but might happen, WBA aren''t on the market, and we''re like 7-1. Seems they think he''ll probably stay put.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Also, skybet have the west ham deal at evens, suggesting it''s unlikely but might happen, WBA aren''t on the market, and we''re like 7-1. Seems they think he''ll probably stay put.[/quote]

Maybe Skybet think Quagliarella to West Brom is a done deal?. 20-1 for us? It''s gone so quiet regarding FQ I''m not surprised, it doesn''t sound like we''re in for him anymore - I could only see us make a move if Becchio gets sold/loaned out, if not I think Elmander has got Quagliarella''s spot already.

[quote user="FleckysFlipFlop"]BBC now reporting that Lazio and Roma are set to battle it out for the Quag.[/quote]

Roma''s name were linked last night so perhaps the BBC are being a bit slow. Can anyone remember seeing 1 player linked with so many clubs in the same transfer window?! He''s said he''d like to play in the Premier League so whilst he''s got a few years left I would imagine now''s the time it''ll happen.

I will fondly remember FQ as the best player never to have played for Norwich City.

On the bright side, we must have a lot of money stashed away in the bank, hopefully at a decent interest rate, which can clearly be used if needed at the next window or otherwise to go towards the anticipated ground expansion.

Miss you Fabio.

He didn''t even fancy West Ham. I don''t think this player will ever play in the Premier League and I never expected him to play for us, despite all the rumours. Bullet dodged in my opinion. £8m for a 31 year old? No thanks. Much prefer our 32 year old on season long loan.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]He didn''t even fancy West Ham. I don''t think this player will ever play in the Premier League and I never expected him to play for us, despite all the rumours. Bullet dodged in my opinion. £8m for a 31 year old? No thanks. Much prefer our 32 year old on season long loan.[/quote]

He''s 30, and the deal was for a one season loan, costing £1m and an option to buy at the end of the season (much like with Garrido).

Instead Norwich brought in Elmander, 32, on a one season loan, costing £1m...

Those figures you quote are not accurate at all. Honestly. Completely wrong. Perhaps you''ve just made up that point as a way of making a point, but you are completely wrong. Totally.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Those figures you quote are not accurate at all. Honestly. Completely wrong. Perhaps you''ve just made up that point as a way of making a point, but you are completely wrong. Totally.[/quote]

Okay, so please enlighten me the true figures. But the deals I have quoted have come from very well respected sources in Italy and Turkey.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Those figures you quote are not accurate at all. Honestly. Completely wrong. Perhaps you''ve just made up that point as a way of making a point, but you are completely wrong. Totally.[/quote]

Okay, so please enlighten me the true figures. But the deals I have quoted have come from very well respected sources in Italy and Turkey.

[/quote]

You couldn''t even get the age of the player correct...

Yes I saw it mentioned several times that West Ham''s offer was for a season long loan and Juve preferred ours which was an offer to buy outright.

I agree though that the guy simply doesn''t want to come to the Prem, at our/West Ham''s level anyway.  We''re better off without him, too much risk he wouldn''t have the hunger.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Yes I saw it mentioned several times that West Ham''s offer was for a season long loan and Juve preferred ours which was an offer to buy outright.

I agree though that the guy simply doesn''t want to come to the Prem, at our/West Ham''s level anyway.  We''re better off without him, too much risk he wouldn''t have the hunger.

[/quote]

If Norwich had made the offer he would be a Norwich player right now. Both clubs only offered loan deals both were rejected.

Quag said he was open to a move to the Premier League, but after Matri was sold Conte wanted him to stay at Juve - he pulled an attempted deal yesterday for him to move to Roma.

Apologies on the age thing. My mistake. However that doesn''t mean I don''t know what I''m talking about with the figures. I''m only aware of FQ''s figures though. I have no idea on Elmander''s fee.

However Fabio Quagliarella''s loan fee was not £1m for the season. It was broken down into two deals. The first would take us up to January 1st. That loan deal was £750k. If Fabio did well in his first few months, scoring above 10 goals for the club (in all comps) and the club wanted to keep him then a second loan deal until May 11th would see us pay Juve an extra £1.5m for his services until the end of the season.

If we took Fabio for the first few months but decided against keeping him for the second half of the season, we needed to pay another £250k to Juve, meaning we would have paid them £1m for just a few months of Fabio Quagliarella''s services.

If we''d decided to keep him and paid a loan fee of £2.25m in total for the season, we would then have an option to buy him for approx £7.5m at the end of the season.

A no brainer that we went for Elmander. The right decision. Fabio Quagliarella was never a realistic goer.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Apologies on the age thing. My mistake. However that doesn''t mean I don''t know what I''m talking about with the figures. I''m only aware of FQ''s figures though. I have no idea on Elmander''s fee. However Fabio Quagliarella''s loan fee was not £1m for the season. It was broken down into two deals. The first would take us up to January 1st. That loan deal was £750k. If Fabio did well in his first few months, scoring above 10 goals for the club (in all comps) and the club wanted to keep him then a second loan deal until May 11th would see us pay Juve an extra £1.5m for his services until the end of the season. If we took Fabio for the first few months but decided against keeping him for the second half of the season, we needed to pay another £250k to Juve, meaning we would have paid them £1m for just a few months of Fabio Quagliarella''s services. If we''d decided to keep him and paid a loan fee of £2.25m in total for the season, we would then have an option to buy him for approx £7.5m at the end of the season. A no brainer that we went for Elmander. The right decision. Fabio Quagliarella was never a realistic goer.[/quote]

So Quagliarella was a loan deal for £2.25m not £1m? Not really the £8m up front fee you first said it was...

The Elmander fee, as quoted by Galatasary is £1.425m for the season - £1m fee and £425,000 in wages. I would suggest Quagliarella is a considerably better player than Elmander and certainly worth the extra cost (if the rather convoluted scheme you suggest is true). Fabio would easily be first choice player, whilst Johan will more often than not be on the bench, especially when Hooper is fit.

Yes, a £2.25m loan fee, then £7.5m next summer. Or £8.5m up front now but FQ didn''t want to move here anyway. Norwich wanted loan for season and first refusal on signing him next summer but the fees were unfair. Many people thought we wanted to buy him outright this summer whereas in fact we didn''t want to make him a permanent signing this summer at all. That was never the plan.

Also, as said above, he never wanted to come here anyway so it was all dead by the end of July anyway as far as our realistic involvement in the deal was concerned. We hung on hoping he''d fancy a move here as the window edged nearer closing, but he never wanted to come, hence why Becchio didn''t go to Boro. Vaz Te was only enquired about because Becchio wasn''t promised any first team football and wanted out. He will now move on in January.

FQ always preferred Roma apparently, as a lot of his family are based there. However, they didn''t want him once Gervinho was secured from Arsenal.

Really? Arguing over a player that hasn''t come?

As for the £1million load of Elmander, I think you will find it is Euro''s. And therefore closer to the £750-800k you''ll find most often quoted around different sources.

I also don''t expect Elmander to just be on the bench most of the time. He can play in either of the two forward slots and I can imagine a fair bit of rotation and tactical deployment of different combinations.