McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

West Ham apparently looking at alternatives as their Quag deal has stalled. Maybe this isn''t completely dead yet. Only another few posts to reach the magic 1000.

Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella seems destined for England, as West Ham and Norwich City continue to do battle.

According to Sport Mediaset, negotiations are at a very advanced stage with the Hammers on loan at a cost of €1m with option to buy at the end of the season for a further €6m.

However, Juve would be eager to get the sale over with now and in that sense Norwich are prepared to stump up the full €7m cash sum.

The very latest rumour from Italian jounalists on Twitter is that Inter Milan are in for him. If that''s the case, we can definitely look elsewhere...

knockin on heaven''s door -Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella seems destined for England, as West Ham and Norwich City continue to do battle.

According to Sport Mediaset, negotiations are at a very advanced stage with the Hammers on loan at a cost of €1m with option to buy at the end of the season for a further €6m.

However, Juve would be eager to get the sale over with now and in that sense Norwich are prepared to stump up the full €7m cash sum.

It''s interesting this story won''t go away.   It may all depend on who else we are interested in and if we get any of our other targets.   If we don''t it could be a case of  paying the extra to make sure we get at least one of them - and Quagliarella would be a bit of a catch.

[quote user="Alex "]The very latest rumour from Italian jounalists on Twitter is that Inter Milan are in for him. If that''s the case, we can definitely look elsewhere...[/quote]Must be true if it''s on Twitter. That''s it then, what a waste of 996 posts. [:(]

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Proper Charlie"]997 now.[/quote]

I feel a stand off. People waiting to be the 1000th post. 998. 2 to go.
[/quote]

A thread of people just saying something for the sake of it, until someone happens to get the right post is probably a good allegry for the Italian media.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Proper Charlie"]997 now.[/quote]I feel a stand off. People waiting to be the 1000th post. 998. 2 to go.[/quote]

A thread of people just saying something for the sake of it, until someone happens to get the right post is probably a good allegry for the Italian media.

[/quote]Woo Hoo post 1000!

Inter eyeing Quagliarella

Il Corriere dello Sport is reporting that Inter Milan are showing interest in Juventus forward Fabio Quagliarella.

Walter Mazzarri is not entirely satisfied with his options up front and plans to add an experienced forward to his ranks.

Anzhi striker Samuel Eto’o remains the number one name on the hit-list, but with Inter only able to offer the player €4 million per campaign and Chelsea and Real Madrid also keen, it looks as though the Cameroonian won’t be returning to Giuseppe Meazza.

Meanwhile, the Nerazzurri are considering a bid for Juventus forward Fabio Quagliarella, who looks set to leave Turin due to fierce competition for places.

His proven track record would make him a great signing for Inter, but everything suggests he won’t be available on the cheap.

Quagliarella, 30, has made a total of 245 Serie A appearances playing for Torino, Sampdoria, Ascoli, Udinese, Napoli and Juventus, scoring 74 goals in the process

Latest from SkyAllardyce"I''ve got no money left. That''s it. If we wanted to bring a new player in, we would have to sell some players. But I''m not looking to do that because I''m happy with the squad I''ve got."Could be doing a Harry and bluffing, but sounds happy with his teamA line about Inter as wellThere still seems to be plenty of interest in Samuel Eto''o, with Spanish daily Sport reporting that Real Madrid have been offered the chance to sign the Anzhi Makhachkala striker. However, the Gazzetta dello Sport expects Eto''o to rejoin Inter Milan on a two-year contract after he was only offered a one-year deal by Chelsea.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Definitely sad, the guy isn''t even that good. Why our fans are always sold on just a big name I don''t know.[/quote]

You are so wrong.

He would be the most gifted player to wear a NCFC shirt in ddecades ... Hence why he''s not champing on the bit to sign up!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Definitely sad, the guy isn''t even that good. Why our fans are always sold on just a big name I don''t know.[/quote]

You are so wrong.

He would be the most gifted player to wear a NCFC shirt in ddecades ... Hence why he''s not champing on the bit to sign up![/quote]

I don''t think very many posters are arguing against that. He is obviously technically talented. The doubts are over whether someone who in a long career has never played outside Italy would adapt to English life and football. He might, or he might be an expensive flop. There are examples of both on which fans can draw.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Definitely sad, the guy isn''t even that good. Why our fans are always sold on just a big name I don''t know.[/quote]

You are so wrong.

He would be the most gifted player to wear a NCFC shirt in ddecades ... Hence why he''s not champing on the bit to sign up![/quote]

I don''t think very many posters are arguing against that. He is obviously technically talented. The doubts are over whether someone who in a long career has never played outside Italy would adapt to English life and football. He might, or he might be an expensive flop. There are examples of both on which fans can draw.

[/quote]

I don''t dispute that. I was solely responding to the claim that ''the guy isn''t even that good''.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

You are so wrong.

[/quote]

I don''t dispute that. I was solely responding to the claim that ''the guy isn''t even that good''.[/quote]

Indeed. I understood that.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Alex "]The very latest rumour from Italian jounalists on Twitter is that Inter Milan are in for him. If that''s the case, we can definitely look elsewhere...[/quote]Must be true if it''s on Twitter. That''s it then, what a waste of 996 posts. [:(][/quote]

The clue was in Twitter ''rumour'' - just bringing the latest gossip for those that are interested in what''s being said about Quagliarella rather than those spunking off over getting the pointless 1000th post.

This thread has slipped too far down the list for my liking so I just thought I''d bump it back up the page again.

Nothing new to add just don''t want this to die and fade away before transfer window closes

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]This thread has slipped too far down the list for my liking so I just thought I''d bump it back up the page again.

Nothing new to add just don''t want this to die and fade away before transfer window closes[/quote]Completely agree. You can never have too much of a good thing. I hope that this thread is still going several years after Quag has announced his retirement from professional football.

This will go down as the longest thread without major derailment, tangents or deletions. Not bad for a player we''re not going to sign.

I can still see either him or Toivonen joining tbh. Becchio has an option of Middlesborough and that would leave space for another forward player.

Hughton said that some transfers would take until the end of the window to sort out due to the usual politics of a transfer window (other options, reliance on other deals to happen first etc.)

I don''t care if he''s rubbish, I want him to sign because I like his name and at least this thread won''t prove to be a massive waste of broadband access.

Wow 68 pages of cr@p arguing the toss over a player not even linked to us. Let''s go all out and name The City Stand after him!!!

I am just waiting for morty to announce that he is going to unveil a surprise Italian guest at this get-togther of posters he seems to be arranging...

[quote user="Brightside"]Wow 68 pages of cr@p arguing the toss over a player not even linked to us. Let''s go all out and name The City Stand after him!!![/quote]What about renaming the whole stadium after him and putting a statue of him at each corner of the ground?