McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

There is (finally) some information on what the player feels ( from his home town). He doesn''t really want to leave Juve and views any other option as something of a downwards step ( not unreasonably after playing a good part in two consecutive titles). He is also waiting to see if Matri leaves, which would put him in a position of back up to Llorente and Tevez, along with Vucinic and Giovinco. The club / manager are hinting he''s 5th choice ( they want cash and rejuvenation), but the player feels he could still force his way back into the reckoning.

This is page 63 about an Italian player who has, apparently, given no indication of any desire to join us. Can we put this to bed, or at least on the back burner.

It is of course possible that this leak is to "threaten" Juve with the "sit around and pick up the money" option which is the worst for the club. This in turn puts pressure in them to accept (potentially) less lucrative / attractive options for the club, but which may be preferred by the player. This kind of collusion (in this case between buying club - to reduce the price - and player) is exactly what agents are really paid for....

I think Quag would have been a decent signing at the right time for us, but that probably isn''t now: we have Elmander coming at far lower monetary (and, probably, playing/settling in) risk, making far more sense for where we''re currently ''at''.

Pinkun journos "understand" we''re still in the race for Quag according to the Elmander article...

"City have led the chase [for FQ] for most of the summer.

And it is understood they may not have finished with their bid to lure the 30-year-old to Norfolk over the coming days."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/galatasaray_s_johan_elmander_close_to_norwich_city_move_1_2346557

Sportmediaset stating straight fight between us and West Ham. Hammers have only offered loan deal whereas we seem to have offered the straight purchase option. Juventus prefer our option it appears.

Been speaking to an Italian agent, this is the latest...

Norwich are the ONLY team to have a permanent offer accepted for FQ, with the Qatar team offering less than the asking price. West Ham have asked for a loan but Juventus desperately need the money to fund new signings i.e. Kolarov. FQ prefers West Ham as they are in London and have a higher worldwide profile, but he would rather join Norwich than the Qatar Club as he wants to improve his chances at playing at the World Cup. A journalist in Italy originally put FQ off Norwich as he told FQ that Norwich is horrible and relegation bound. Juventus are very impressed with McNally and the way he handles business and would like to sell to Norwich (don''t be suprised to see a pre-season match against them next season.) McNally has re-ignited interest and is trying to contact him and his agent. Will tell you more when I have it...

Pinkun journos understand nothing other than what they have, like us, gleamed from other news/rumour sources.

That is why they are often slow to report interest/developments/signings on the site, and why we usually read about transfer activity elsewhere first.

Its clear that FQ is holding onto a (forlorn?) hope that he can remain a Juve player - which is understandable.    It appears that our approach has impressed Juve, him and his agent in terms of a persistant consistent effort and that may prove to our benefit in 10 days time.

It certainly does not seem dead just yet - a good example of having to wait and see as the poker hand is played out.   If it does not happen do we have a loan option D ready for 10.30 that is up in quality from Harry Kane?  

Great Olly1998. How have you been speaking to an Italian agent at the age o 14/15?

Quagliarella was never going to sign for us. Therefore I was never excited about this as a possibility. It was never going to happen. And good job too. Would''ve been bad business IMO.

[quote user="Nicko"]Great Olly1998. How have you been speaking to an Italian agent at the age o 14/15?[/quote]

So just because I am 15 means that I don''t know someone who is an Italian agent?

[quote user="olly_1998"][quote user="Nicko"]Great Olly1998. How have you been speaking to an Italian agent at the age o 14/15?[/quote]

So just because I am 15 means that I don''t know someone who is an Italian agent?[/quote]

It was more that what you put forward as exclusive information from an agent in the know was actually a compilation of stuff that has been publicised (West Ham want a loan deal and Juve don''t; we are still interested) plus statements of the probably obvious, such as Quagliarella  preferring London to Norwich, and Norwich to Qatar because he still harbours World Cup hopes.

[quote user="olly_1998"]Been speaking to an Italian agent, this is the latest....[/quote]Why would members of the Italian Secret Service know anything about the Quagliarella deal?

Olly, don''t stop posting just because some people on this board challenge your credibility or don''t believe what you have to say. If you''re genuine about the info that you provide then don''t be deterred. It''s always good to have some real insider info when it comes about.

I got slated and called a bullsh***er not so long ago when I posted some info about Steve Morison seeing as it came first hand from his dad who I still work with in london. No one believed me and no one put their hands up when I was proved right. That''s just the nature of the beast on these types of message boards. Just have to stick to your guns. I''ll take you on face value, even if it does come across a little strange a young teenager having connections to an Italian agent. Even my Italian connections are failing me on this particular transfer saga!

Yup. That''s the particular scenario I was making reference to. I remember there being one poster quick to point that out to the people doubting me. Think he was the only one who did stand up for me at the time. Was that you Van Wink? I don''t recall!

[quote user="Francesco Volpe"]Olly, don''t stop posting just because some people on this board challenge your credibility or don''t believe what you have to say. If you''re genuine about the info that you provide then don''t be deterred. It''s always good to have some real insider info when it comes about.

I got slated and called a bullsh***er not so long ago when I posted some info about Steve Morison seeing as it came first hand from his dad who I still work with in london. No one believed me and no one put their hands up when I was proved right. That''s just the nature of the beast on these types of message boards. Just have to stick to your guns. I''ll take you on face value, even if it does come across a little strange a young teenager having connections to an Italian agent. Even my Italian connections are failing me on this particular transfer saga![/quote]

Thanks. I''ll continue to post, just dissapointing people doubt you and criticise you when you try to keep them in the loop and give them accurate information.

If Quagliarella is that good then why are West Ham, Sunderland, and Norwich the only teams interested? 
He will flop at West Ham, silly move. At least we try and get the ball down and play, hope he enjoys hoof ball. 

[quote]If Quagliarella is that good then why are West Ham, Sunderland, and Norwich the only teams interested? [/quote]

if Gary Hooper, RVW and Ruddy are that good why are they at Norwich?

Well- Allardyce has said on SSN this morning that WH have no money left and are done in the transfer market... does that mean it''s just us left in??

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Well- Allardyce has said on SSN this morning that WH have no money left and are done in the transfer market... does that mean it''s just us left in??[/quote]

Not according to some posters, but then they''re just guessing like the rest of us to the eventual outcome. I thought WH were looking at another player in his position the same day the latest Quag rumour broke, but now Big Sam''s saying they haven''t got a pot to piss in. Not sure how much I believe that, I''m sure they''ve got a few mill available - I think he''s just covering his own backside with the fans if they fail to net a further player or 2. Wonder if Sunderland are still in for Quagliarella, or have they got that position covered now?