McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Well this has taken a wrong turn, what next, the guy who served me at Starbucks looked a bit like a bloke Norwich City were after.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Scored a great goal with Quagliarella on FIFA earlier [/quote]
That''s actually the most interesting comment on this thread for about 50 pages now

I heard that he''s not gonna come to Norwich because there is nowhere that serves a decent espresso, Delia refuses to cook his pasta ''al dente'' and he can only find eastern European dentists and doesn''t want to learn Polish. [|-)]

[quote user="Alex "]For those interested, the latest rumours on Twitter tonight are suggesting Quagliarella is off to Qatar...[/quote]

For you gamers out there...

Perhaps he''ll go on to be a "Qatar Hero"...

Sorry, I''ll get my coat!

[quote user="Alex "]For those interested, the latest rumours on Twitter tonight are suggesting Quagliarella is off to Qatar...[/quote]

They made a bid a couple of weeks ago, not big enough for Juve to accept and Quagliarella said he didn''t want to leave Europe.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Where do you think he''ll end up Bethnal? We seem to be the only team rumoured who have put an acceptable bid in.[/quote]

If Norwich have put in an acceptable bid and he hasn''t signed by now, he is never coming here. I still think no one has matched Juve''s terms, Conte was annoyed at how cheaply Giaccherini was allowed to leave and it now looks like they are playing hard ball over any future transfers, and if all the teams reported really have an interest they must be hoping a bidding war kicks off.

No idea where he will go, Sunderland seem in the strongest position with regards to the player''s desires, but they seem the less likely to be able to afford him - if Sunderland sell Sessegon then they might re-invest in Quagliarella.

This is going to roll on for a while I think.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]News link i just read from Italy says he is on way to Qatar. They are hoping to push deal through quickly.[/quote]

This seems to come from the same source that said Norwich had agreed a fee, West Ham had agreed a loan deal and Sunderland had agreed a fee. As I''ve said a few times on this thread, Italian sports media, it''s the worst.

I''ve just heard on the wireless that Cuadrilla is scaling back work so he won''t be signing for anyone.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I''ve just heard on the wireless that Cuadrilla is scaling back work so he won''t be signing for anyone.

[/quote]Someone just said they saw him in Cooke''s buying a guitar.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]News link i just read from Italy says he is on way to Qatar. They are hoping to push deal through quickly.[/quote]

This seems to come from the same source that said Norwich had agreed a fee, West Ham had agreed a loan deal and Sunderland had agreed a fee. As I''ve said a few times on this thread, Italian sports media, it''s the worst.

[/quote]I''ve just heard he''s signed for Dune Entertainment and is going to be in the sequel to Avatar.

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]I''ve just heard he''s signed for Dune Entertainment and is going to be in the sequel to Avatar.[/quote]All because he wants to be a movie star.

A friend of my aunt''s cousin (who works at Dunston Hall) said that there is a room booked for him next week.

[quote user="Webbo118"]A friend of my aunt''s cousin (who works at Dunston Hall) said that there is a room booked for him next week.[/quote]For a job interview to work in the hotel bar?

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Webbo118"]A friend of my aunt''s cousin (who works at Dunston Hall) said that there is a room booked for him next week.[/quote]

For a job interview to work in the hotel bar?
[/quote]

No, apparently he''s ready for a holiday and wants to play a bit of golf.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Webbo118"]A friend of my aunt''s cousin (who works at Dunston Hall) said that there is a room booked for him next week.[/quote]For a job interview to work in the hotel bar?[/quote]

No, apparently he''s ready for a holiday and wants to play a bit of golf.

[/quote]I suppose he''ll be looking to go round under par.

Quagliarella is holding out until the last minute to fully assess his options. He is not instinctively drawn to England, though if it represents the most practical option in the next 10 days he will take it. Norwich have earned respect with the clarity of their offer and the perseverance shown. Sunderland are showing an increasing interest and Giaccherini has spoken well to him about Sunderland and the Premier League. West Ham would like him on the cheap last minute and Everton have enquirer as a second option to Matri. A new offer for Quagliarella is expected from AL-Gharafa in the next couple of days, they have already approached the player with a generous contract ( beyond any other personal terms on the table). Juve don''t care where he goes (as long as he does) as they want the money for Zuniga or Kolarov in their problem position. It would quite an anti-climax for him to go to Qatar and my suspicion is that he wants a last-minute offer from a good Italian club, even if initially he''s (nominally) 3rd choice. It may be that Osvaldo''s move to Southampton ( good signing) opens a spot near to home for him that suits in the last week of the window. We are very keen, but have really done everything we can. We could get Juve on our side and up our offer, but really Quagliarella and his agent Bozzo hold the cards here (Bozzo -interestingly- has lots of players on the books at Juve, so has two strategic horses to ride...a departure will suit all parties including him, he knows where his bread is buttered). We have to wait til the end and hope we''re the last man standing...

Sounds like he''s keen to join West Ham, but they want a loan rather than to buy outright

Sky Sport Italia claim Juventus forward Fabio Quagliarella is ready to join West Ham, but the clubs have yet to agree terms.

The Italian champions are trying to trim their attacking options after signing Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente this summer.

Quagliarella, as well as Alessandro Matri, has been made available for transfer and a number of clubs in England are keen.

After turning down Southampton and Norwich, the 29-year-old has allegedly agreed a possible move to the London club.

However, Juventus have yet to OK the switch given that they are not keen on West Ham’s offer to take him on loan, with an option to sign outright next year.

Juve, keen to cash in on the player, would rather sell him outright.

Sounds about right in regards to West Ham. They have spent a fair whack and look like they are incredibly close to the FFP margins.

A loan with a view to a permanent would be in their best interests.

However Juve could end up with the player back and they are not stupid, plus the money next year may be of no help to them when they want to bring in players now.

This one is starting to sound more negative than Toivonen if I am honest. Quag now reportedly has a host of teams trying to entice and seduce him, and yet he is palming off their overtures. If he wants the money it will be Qatar - but then he can kiss goodbye to any decent leagues really coming in for him again. If he want''s regular footy he now has a number of options.

[quote user="chicken"]Sounds about right in regards to West Ham. They have spent a fair whack and look like they are incredibly close to the FFP margins.

However Juve could end up with the player back and they are not stupid, plus the money next year may be of no help to them when they want to bring in players now.

This one is starting to sound more negative than Toivonen if I am honest. Quag now reportedly has a host of teams trying to entice and seduce him, and yet he is palming off their overtures. If he wants the money it will be Qatar - but then he can kiss goodbye to any decent leagues really coming in for him again. If he want''s regular footy he now has a number of options.[/quote]

FFP is about wages rather than transfer fees, so no matter how West Ham acquired Quagliarella it would still count. If it is true (and it probably is) that West Ham effectively want to take him on trial for a year it is because they are not sure whether he will transplant to English football. And I suspect our offer (assuming we made one) to Juventus was on the same lines for the same reason.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="chicken"]Sounds about right in regards to West Ham. They have spent a fair whack and look like they are incredibly close to the FFP margins.

This one is starting to sound more negative than Toivonen if I am honest. Quag now reportedly has a host of teams trying to entice and seduce him, and yet he is palming off their overtures. If he wants the money it will be Qatar - but then he can kiss goodbye to any decent leagues really coming in for him again. If he want''s regular footy he now has a number of options.[/quote]

FFP is about wages rather than transfer fees, so no matter how West Ham acquired Quagliarella it would still count. If it is true (and it probably is) that West Ham effectively want to take him on trial for a year it is because they are not sure whether he will transplant to English football. And I suspect our offer (assuming we made one) to Juventus was on the same lines for the same reason.

[/quote]

Ugh. Sorry. That should read "..is as much about wages as transfer fees..."

Is 62 pages on an older Italian, who doesn''t really want to play for us, would be a big cost and push our own wage limitation up a record?

Do you think we can get to 100 pages bfore the tranfers window closes?