McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="Herman "]When did Sunderland become superior than us?[/quote]

Never have been but I think the attraction of an Italian manager may be quite a factor...

His ex team mate Emanuele Giaccherini will be there too to help him settle in.

As well as an Italian Director of football, First Team Coach, Goalkeeper Coach, Fitness Coach and Chief Scout!

Their stadium is also almost twice the size of ours.

If Sunderland are as interested as we are we would face one hell of a challenge ... but then again they don''t have McNally and Sunderland is a very cold dive!

He will be part of a potential destructive team if he goes to Sunderland. I do think there are a lot of potential problems and a club with a manager that I hope blows as he has with every club.

If the reports are right we have gone in highlighting how he will be a franchise player, a player who will come in to be adored, as fer and rvw will be.

He will see maybe a challenge from out of his comfort zone.

I have seen this summer McNally and CH setup up these great players to see what we are building. I do not know what is being built up at the stadium of light.

So if Sunderland came in they can but we have coveted in the right ways and I think we can compete and feel in a good position against Sunderland with our continued interest.

It''s not only Sunderland but Valencia and Villareal as well. The price being touted is 7-8m euro. All according to twitter rumours of course.

I was sitting in the Jarrold today and noticed Hughton talking to someone who, from that far away, looked to me like it could be Quagliarella.Thinking about it now it couldn''t have been.  Someone who had a better view would have noticed and posted about it on Twitter within minutes, and someone said elsewhere that he doesn''t speak English. Also, why be so obviously in public surrounded by cameras and not have it show up anywhere?Anyway, here''s a still from an 8 second video I took of it. Maybe someone can put me out of my misery? I''m guessing Chris Goreham, one of the club''s journalists or some friend of a director. I thought McNally was wearing black again today.http://codemodeabode.com/random/notavip.jpg

Herman, Sunderland are a bigger club than us measured by history, fan base and resource. Having said that I think they''ll be in the relegation mix with us this season.

[quote user="Fozzie"]I was sitting in the Jarrold today and noticed Hughton talking to someone who, from that far away, looked to me like it could be Quagliarella.Thinking about it now it couldn''t have been.  Someone who had a better view would have noticed and posted about it on Twitter within minutes, and someone said elsewhere that he doesn''t speak English. Also, why be so obviously in public surrounded by cameras and not have it show up anywhere?Anyway, here''s a still from an 8 second video I took of it. Maybe someone can put me out of my misery? I''m guessing Chris Goreham, one of the club''s journalists or some friend of a director. I thought McNally was wearing black again today.http://codemodeabode.com/random/notavip.jpg[/quote]my eyes aren''t great but where is Hughton in this picture?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]my eyes aren''t great but where is Hughton in this picture?[/quote]Dead center. Right-click the image and "view image" if you''re using firefox. "Open image in new tab" if using Chrome, or just try this expanded image (where he looks nothing like The Quag).

Quags nowhere near as tall as the guy in the pic. Good spot though, I wonder who it was. Personally I doubt it''s a player as they are normally in the hospitality suite being wined and dined not on the sidelines pre-match.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]as i said my eyes aren''t great but im 99% certain thats Redmond not Hughton. look at the hair.[/quote]Redmond was warming up at the time in white top, black shorts and orange boots (got the video of it).

[quote user="Fozzie"]
http://codemodeabode.com/random/notavip.jpg
[/quote]

It used to be ''Spot The Ball'', but nowadays just to make it slightly harder it is ''Spot The Ant'' - somewhere in this picture there is an ant. Mark with a cross where you think the ant is with a ballpoint pen and the nearest to the middle of the ant wins. The prize is the seventh picture on a season ticket - A three quarters empty Poorman Road as the fifth goal whistled in! [:D]

Think I found him again in the directors box, sitting on the opposite side to Delia, next to guys in Panathinaikos tops. Guess it''s just someone connected to the Greek club.Link to the photo

Italian newspaper Tuttosport are reporting this morning that Quagliarella has NO interest in leaving Italy. Rumours are that Lazio are interested...

"Sunderland asked on loan from Juventus Matri and Quagliarella according to Sky Italy. Quagliarella has accepted the option,now up to Juve" from Tancredi Palmeri

GO HOME PEOPLE NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Don''t think anyone said that, just that it could have been an indication. Perhaps not, though. Tbh it is all getting a bit boring - hopefully we''ll get our two signings that we need, if Quag isn''t meant to be then so be it....I''d have liked him, but there were enough question marks and should he go elsewhere they''ll hopefully come true!

ReadingCanary wrote - "But some bloke said "bump" and that meant he was signing this week didn''t it.

According to the forum elite"

Wipe that chip off your shoulder. It was not the Forum Elite that put 2 + 2 together but those that had visited this Forum for a few years. Those would be the ones that remembered CUSDP having real "inside information" regarding upcoming transfers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fabio-quagliarella-sunderland-linked-juventus-5696777

Just a piece from that certainly it does just say there is interest but no further contact. In fact it still notes that they expect a bid from ourselves.

Who knows what will happen but until more substantial details are highlighted we are still in the mix.

The Italian media yesterday heavily suggested Sunderland were on the verge of making a £7million move for Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella.

The 30-year-old is definitely on his way out of the Turin club, who expect a bid from Norwich City for the player.

This would be an interesting move by Paolo Di Canio if he is to follow up his reported interest in Quagliarella.

At 30, he is slightly older than the other summer’s purchases, but has great experience and has managed 58 goals in his past six Serie A seasons, not a bad rate in Italian football.

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta didn’t name Quagliarella, but it is obvious that he is one who will be moved on in this transfer window.

Marotta said: “I don’t want to name names, but we have six strikers and we’ll keep only four of them.”

Quagliarella has scored 26 goals in 79 appearances for Juventus, with whom he has won consecutive titles over the past two years.

He has also bagged seven goals from 25 senior appearances for the Italian national side, so his credentials cannot be argued with.

While this deal does on the face it seem unlikely, many respected Italian media outlets were yesterday reporting Sunderland’s interest as fact.

In an interview given several months ago, Quagliarella revealed that he would like to play in England.

He said: “I don’t know where I will be next season. Maybe I will stay in Italy, but I like the Premier League and would be interested in a move.”

Sunderland actually enquired for Matri. They were quoted a figure far beyond what they expected and requested a loan option with a view. Unsurprisingly - given the open need for cash to offset purchases - Juve Directors rejected this out of hand. Sunderland, trying to show that were/are only after bargains (and not a soft touch after Giaccherini) then enquired at what price they could get Quagliarella on loan with a view. Juve didn''t reject that out of hand, but only (really) as a double bluff to show that they are "flexible" and that Matri''s value can''t / won''t be dropped drastically. Juve - as advised some time ago have been (too) open about their "reduce 6 to 4" striker strategy for the 2013-14 season. West Ham also sounded out Juve about a loan plus deal for Quagliarella, but didn''t follow it up and didn''t give the impression that they had cash to spend. As noted our bid is a strong one that others are unwilling to match and that we have no real strategic need to increase. Juvecare more likely to blink first in this context. If other clubs come in we''ll lose out, but it appears to all that this is now less likely and (ironically) Juve directors now fear us pulling out. Signings of RVW, Hooper and (interestingly) Redmond have all been given nodding approval and the fear is (from them) that we don''t absolutely need Quagliarella. The issue remains whether Quagliarella will move abroad (risk, but trendy), take a last minute mid-team Italian loan (fairly unsatisfactory for all, bad economics for Juve, poor image and concretised decline for Quagliarella, or the nightmare "Iaquinta" scenario, where he "squats" and picks up his pay check until contract expiry. Conte has made it clear he won''t play unless (several) injuries intervene and there is no suggestion from fans that Quagliarella is the type to go mouldy in a World Cup year, where he is still talked about for the azzurri ( maybe even team, certainly squad, Italy are importing strikers and don''t have lots of strong ones currently). Anyway - as Homer Simpson might say "yay! Default!"......we might just be the least worst option for all...