McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Nothing to say we won''t and the longer this goes on the more convinced I am that we will get our man even if it''s on last day of window. More pressing concern is a new Centre Half though in my opinion. No matter how well Turner and Bennett did at end of last season we need some better quality in there asap. Bassong seems to have this niggling injury and he really is the only quality!!!!!! CH we have.

[quote user="canarycop"]Nothing to say we won''t and the longer this goes on the more convinced I am that we will get our man even if it''s on last day of window. More pressing concern is a new Centre Half though in my opinion. No matter how well Turner and Bennett did at end of last season we need some better quality in there asap. Bassong seems to have this niggling injury and he really is the only quality!!!!!! CH we have.[/quote]100%. I think all the latest players we''ve been linked with are for that attacking mid / 2nd striker role. I think the bigger issue is Centre Half. We can get by with what we have up front with Fer playing that role quite well in pre season, and having Wessi as well.

I never thought we''d sign him. That''s not an ''I told you so'', but just had a feeling from the get go. If he was going to sign, I think he would''ve done by now.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="chicken"]It may just be me but this feels a bit like the Hooper situation. Several clubs hovering waiting to see if Juve bite on an offer before matching it etc. A player of this calibre should be attracting plenty of interest from around Europe.[/quote] I can see West Ham doing just that - despite their alleged withdrawal from negotiations. They have more money behind them than us and are London based.[/quote]

West Ham are skint, they are having problems with the new Financial Fair Play rules and their wage budget also. They pretty much blew all the cash on Carroll and are trying to off-load a few players, but no one is really interested - Norwich can beat them on fee and wages (unless West Ham can flog some of their dead wood).

Still 2/5 on skybet...

That suggests it''s likely at least, although far from given, as I doubt they''d be willing to give a 40% payout if a deal was imminent.

I thought it was about time I took a look at some highlights of Fabio considering I didnt have a clue about him all this time.  Now I get it, what an absolutely cracking player, he would be a terrific signing regardless of his age. But has it now gone on too long, I am beginning to think so.  

You never know what is going on though, Quag may have a preference, or Juve may have a price, both will change as the transfer deadline draws closer. I am sure we are still monitoring this and it isn''t over and the window closes or he signs somewhere else.

This is rather exciting now! I just figured the ''bump'' comment was designed to be comically ironic as the thread is 56 pages long and has hovered at the top of the board for ages.

One tip of being a footie fan over the summer periods.

Don''t get excited until it happens. You''ll only get upset when it doesn''t otherwise.

Historically our club has never any activity at weekends in regard to transfer dealing. Very much a mon fri 9-5.

However this season there has been a little bit more activity and we would all like some, another lift would do us all the world of good before the first game.

Yes, plenty of chatter on Twitter linking Sunderland wit Quag. I know he''s been linked with multiple clubs so far with little of any substance, but Sunderland is concerning - sounds very much like a Di Canio signing to me.

Sunderland have always historically splurged the cash on over-priced players noone else thought was a good deal. Quag would surely be more interested in joining up with all those fellow Italians.

That said though, this is an obvious story to make up by bored journos. Pretty 2+2 stuff. Just remains to be seen if the result is 4 or 5.

We were supposed to be increasing our offer 3 days ago though.

SYG - ''bump'' brings a thread to the top when it as fallen down the page. The interesting element here is tat CUSDP did it, is usually rather well informed on transfers.

As CUSDP ''bumped'' this at 6:16 this morning, I think he''s just having a laugh (where I live it''s not unusual to get in at 6am in the morning ;))

However, I am hoping CUSDP''s ''bumped'' this for a reason - forget Toivonen etc, Quagliarella is the one I''m hoping to see linking up with RvW etc this season... Mouthwatering potential.