McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Somewhere a box has lost it tool, which needs sharpening.

I believe TNB wants to come across as self opinionated and blinkered to anyones views apart from his own - along with his constant 300+ paragraphs of rambling on about his own opinion then having knocks at anyone who disagrees reasonably with him.

[quote user="ITK Twitterer"]Somewhere a box has lost it tool, which needs sharpening. I believe TNB wants to come across as self opinionated and blinkered to anyones views apart from his own - along with his constant 300+ paragraphs of rambling on about his own opinion then having knocks at anyone who disagrees reasonably with him.[/quote]

Do you think he even has enough intelligence to possess such a worthless objective?

Apparently Valencia about to sign Helder Postiga from Zaragoza. Weren''t it Valencia who were said to also be interested in Quagliarella?

Could perhaps mean that Valencia have now set their sights elsewhere perhaps?

Y S 72 wrote - "Apparently Valencia have moved on to other targets, so the Italian twitter rumours may well be true. "

Seems like all interested parties are dropping their interest with the price being the major stumbling block. Hopefully Juventus will take heed and accept our offer to save dragging it out too long.

The Guardian´s rumours page has us down as still chasing Quag and if not then going after N´Doye. This just rehashed news or has anyone heard anything more?

A french news paper saying Valencia could be going back in for Quag.
Google translation.
According to reports from the French newspaper "L''Equipe"the Spanish club Valencia would be ready to bounce back in for the striker Fabio Quagliarella Juventus.finalizes the purchase of Helder Postiga from Zaragoza, the Iberians need another striker and the ''former Napoli seems to be the right man. Juve asking 12 million to release the player, while, until now, the Spaniards have not gone beyond the 8 million Euros, in their bid to Juventus.

[quote user="YellowBlood"]A french news paper saying Valencia could be going back in for Quag.
Google translation.
According to reports from the French newspaper "L''Equipe"the Spanish club Valencia would be ready to bounce back in for the striker Fabio Quagliarella Juventus.finalizes the purchase of Helder Postiga from Zaragoza, the Iberians need another striker and the ''former Napoli seems to be the right man. Juve asking 12 million to release the player, while, until now, the Spaniards have not gone beyond the 8 million Euros, in their bid to Juventus.

[/quote]

I can''t find that in today''s L''Equipe, but it may be hidden away. There is a story that the UAE club al Nasr are interested in Maxi Lopez, which we may or may not have been.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YellowBlood"]A french news paper saying Valencia could be going back in for Quag.
Google translation.

[/quote]

I can''t find that in today''s L''Equipe, but it may be hidden away. There is a story that the UAE club al Nasr are interested in Maxi Lopez, which we may or may not have been.

[/quote]
I think it was in yesterdays, I just picked up on it from a Juventus fan forum. It all might be complete garbage though, but the paper is meant to be reliable and does not often get things wrong. 

I think Valencia have replaced Soldado with Postiga. With the current climate as it is in Spain, Clubs other than Barca and Madrid are cautious when it comes to splashing the cash. I think Valencia may just keep a sizeable part of the Soldado fee just for everyday running and players wages. Just a theory.

Has anyone actually seen any comment from either Quagliarella or his agent ever since this rumour broke sometime back in 1984 because at least with Toby Alderwotsit and Toivonen we''ve had snippets of info to go on, but with Quagliarella we''ve had absolutely nothing. It seems, bar Hughton''s comments a week or two back, that it''s only rehashed Twitter rumours keeping this one alive...

[quote user="Alex "]Has anyone actually seen any comment from either Quagliarella or his agent ever since this rumour broke sometime back in 1984 because at least with Toby Alderwotsit and Toivonen we''ve had snippets of info to go on, but with Quagliarella we''ve had absolutely nothing. It seems, bar Hughton''s comments a week or two back, that it''s only rehashed Twitter rumours keeping this one alive...[/quote]

Chris Hughton traveled to Italy to meet QuagliarellaFirst they met in Milan via video call, then he traveled to the Juventus training area to actually talk to him in person.That''s what the local Juventus / Italian journos were saying anywayPretty sure that means we are interested

I saw that Reading, I understand Hughton''s interested, but unlike Toivonen and Toby who''ve publically said ''no thanks'' or ''Norwich is an option'', neither Quagliarella or his agent (presuming he has one) have come out and hinted at anything - not sure if that''s a good or a bad thing?! I''m guessing he''s got more offers on the table than perhaps we realise...

It may just be me but this feels a bit like the Hooper situation. Several clubs hovering waiting to see if Juve bite on an offer before matching it etc.

A player of this calibre should be attracting plenty of interest from around Europe.

I may be wrong but aren''t Valencia in a pretty dire financial situation? I think they have massive debts and thus I would be surprised if they stump up the reported €10m+ for Quag.

Mentioned in the SSN piece about RVW today... felt a little like they expect it to happen but I am probably reading too much into that.Still, nice to see SSN at the club shop doing a piece even though there was no news- that''s more a Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea kind of thing usually.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I may be wrong but aren''t Valencia in a pretty dire financial situation? I think they have massive debts and thus I would be surprised if they stump up the reported €10m+ for Quag.[/quote]Sold Soldado for £26 Million, should ease some of the money issues

The latest articles I can find via google are two days old.

http://www.football-italia.net/37603/norwich-renew-quagliarella-bid

And

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/norwich-city/valencia-pull-out-of-quagliarella-race-1613433.html#.UgPYEJLVDpU

I''m not sure how reliable each source/site is but going on that apparently Valencia no longer want him. Nothing new I know but it is looking quite positive.

Jury is still out as to whether we will end up getting him though. As I said before, really wouldn''t surprise me if this one goes to the line.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Mentioned in the SSN piece about RVW today... felt a little like they expect it to happen but I am probably reading too much into that.
Still, nice to see SSN at the club shop doing a piece even though there was no news- that''s more a Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea kind of thing usually.
[/quote]

Snap!

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is not online. Last active: 19/06/2013 15:27:59 Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 7,331

Re: Alternative Second Strikers / Attacking Mids

Reply Quote

Highland Canary wrote:

But one injury to either RvW or Hooper and we wouldn''t even be able to form a 4-4-2! I find that of considerable concern.

I suspect that Quag. is on his way soon....his name was mentioned at the end of a SSN piece about Wolfie and letters on shirts today. Unfortunately I didnt hear everything they said about Quag. other than Italian and Juventus.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Mentioned in the SSN piece about RVW today... felt a little like they expect it to happen but I am probably reading too much into that.
Still, nice to see SSN at the club shop doing a piece even though there was no news- that''s more a Newcastle, Man U, Chelsea kind of thing usually.
[/quote]

Snap!

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? is not online. Last active: 19/06/2013 15:27:59 Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Top 50 Posts
Joined on 03/08/2005
Posts 7,331

Re: Alternative Second Strikers / Attacking Mids

Reply Quote

Highland Canary wrote:

But one injury to either RvW or Hooper and we wouldn''t even be able to form a 4-4-2! I find that of considerable concern.

I suspect that Quag. is on his way soon....his name was mentioned at the end of a SSN piece about Wolfie and letters on shirts today. Unfortunately I didnt hear everything they said about Quag. other than Italian and Juventus.

I was thinking today that the one thing we do know is that Hughton''s recently said that anyone we do sign would have to be coming to the football club for the right reasons - therefore I can''t see us going for Toivonen anymore, not sure Hughton would still be interested in signing a player who apparently see''s NCFC as a last resort. Perhaps Toivonen''s had his chance and we''ve moved on to the likes of Quagliarella etc now...

But it''s been about so much more than one payer.

We''ve had all sorts of discussions such as attitude to age, are we still a selling club, the tactics of the season, the issues around buying foreign payers, Italian culture and so much more.

Apart from the children showing off for a cope of pegs, this has been the kind of thread we should be having.

[quote user="chicken"]It may just be me but this feels a bit like the Hooper situation. Several clubs hovering waiting to see if Juve bite on an offer before matching it etc.

A player of this calibre should be attracting plenty of interest from around Europe.[/quote]

I can see West Ham doing just that - despite their alleged withdrawal from negotiations. They have more money behind them than us and are London based.