McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

While I don''t want to interupt your raging arguments, I think you''ll find the word idiot refers to a stupid or foolish person. While it can also mean what you''re referring to (as that was a medical classification, unbelievable now isn''t it?) that is not it''s only or even main definition in the english dictionary.

Anyway carry on...

I just find it difficult to understand why all this internecine nonsense is tolerated post after post, page after page, yet you only have to mention the travails of Ipswich Town once and your posting gets shuffled elsewhere.

[quote user="Monty13"]No it wasn''t invented for that, but the way you were using it was clear that was your meaning and it was offensive.

I can''t believe you can''t see the difference between using that word and the word idiot in the context of your argument, but if you can''t I''m not going to argue anymore with you on the subject.[/quote]
Would you have taken as much offence if I''d have said "illiterate retard", because that was the manner in which it was intended. Perhaps that is just as offensive, but if you want to continue to make a big deal out of the use of the word ''mong'' then you might be interested to hear that I''ve done a little forum search and that word has been used reasonably prolifically on here, as has the word "retard", by some of the boards best known posters too. 

Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. 

[quote user="The New Boy"]Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. [/quote]

The Code of Conduct covers use of such words quite nicely, it''s up to you to follow that and not rely on technology.

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Monty13"]Um no...it comes from greek and latin origin and our modern english word was actually brought from France by the Normans around 1300AD, idiote - an uneducated or ignorant person.

It was used in medical psychology in the manner you refer, it was not "invented" for it.[/quote]
Fine, well ''Mongoloid'' wasn''t invented to describe people with learning difficulties either, so that settles it. 
[/quote]

No, the word Mongoloid originates as a description of a race of people (mongols from china/korea/japan)-it relates to specific characteristics of the race. However, the word was hi-jacked as an offensive term to describe those with downs syndrome. So, really, your use of the word mr new boy was a little ill-advised.[/quote]
Well the democratically voted definitions of the word ''mongoloid'' on Urban Dictionary have decided that it means:
1. A derogatory term for a mentally ret*rded person.
Did you guys see that mongoloid look at me? Let''s beat him up.
2. Term for a mentally ret*rded person. This used to be used to denote people with Down''s Syndrome, and now is just generally derogatory.
I can assure you that I wasn''t thinking about Mongolians or people with Downs Syndrome when writing it. I find it interesting how the word ''Mong'' has been used so liberally on the Pinkun without causing such grave offence, yet the unshortened version of the word seems to have really struck a nerve. Genuinely interested in that. 
Besides, I have no idea whether Webbo118 is Mongolian or not. My best mates missus is though, and I can tell you that she doesn''t look like she has Downs Syndrome, if that makes anybody feel any better.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="The New Boy"]Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. [/quote]

The Code of Conduct covers use of such words quite nicely, it''s up to you to follow that and not rely on technology.[/quote]
Well I won''t be using it again. Perhaps you should all consider directing some of your vitriol towards the person with the name ''Joey Deacon'' and a picture of Joey Deacon though. You appear to be jumping all over the use of the word mong. Somehow he has managed to post 51 times without conflict, I use one offensive word once and I get lambasted. 

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''ve seen more than one person complain about that username on here.[/quote]
Fair enough. Well I accept my slap on the wrist. 
I shall wait for the word to become politically correct, shouldn''t take much longer than ten years. 

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''ve seen more than one person complain about that username on here.[/quote]
Fair enough. Well I accept my slap on the wrist. 
I shall wait for the word to become politically correct, shouldn''t take much longer than ten years. 

I don''t take any offence personally but obviously some did.

I don''t know what the word you''ve posted is meant to be, but I believe it was both the racist and anti mental disability connotations of the word you used that caused offence to others.

Not particularly interested, I''m sure it has been used by many other posters, is that a defence? Your defence using the word idiot is what I commented on, that is not an offensive word per se, the one you used in that context clearly is.

It''s dull as dishwater on here, hence why I''m even bothering to debate with you. If you want to stomp around the board being offensive then do it, doesn''t bother me, but don''t then make some rubbish argument back that someone else has been offensive and champion political correctness.

Can everyone NOT directly posting about Fabio Quagliarella kindly post their bickering and inane arguments elsewhere?

Every time I check the message board a few extra pages on this thread give me hope that there is actually some news!!!

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="The New Boy"]Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. [/quote]

The Code of Conduct covers use of such words quite nicely, it''s up to you to follow that and not rely on technology.[/quote]
Well I won''t be using it again. Perhaps you should all consider directing some of your vitriol towards the person with the name ''Joey Deacon'' and a picture of Joey Deacon though. You appear to be jumping all over the use of the word mong. Somehow he has managed to post 51 times without conflict, I use one offensive word once and I get lambasted. 
[/quote]Nobody feckin cares about your stupid tit for tat argument.This thread is about Fabio Quagliarella. If you have anything constructive to say lets hear it otherwise give us all a breaK and go and watch TV.

[quote user="Monty13"]I don''t take any offence personally but obviously some did.

I don''t know what the word you''ve posted is meant to be, but I believe it was both the racist and anti mental disability connotations of the word you used that caused offence to others.

Not particularly interested, I''m sure it has been used by many other posters, is that a defence? Your defence using the word idiot is what I commented on, that is not an offensive word per se, the one you used in that context clearly is.

It''s dull as dishwater on here, hence why I''m even bothering to debate with you. If you want to stomp around the board being offensive then do it, doesn''t bother me, but don''t then make some rubbish argument back that someone else has been offensive and champion political correctness.[/quote]
My point is that the word is pretty widely used in society as a derogatory word  by people who don''t immediately think of the historical connotations or the link to Mongolians or people with Downs Syndrome, and that I am one of those people. 
Ricky Gervais: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0GpU37hxGA - He got Ofcom complaints for that. So perhaps I deserve complaints also. Fair enough. 

ENOUGH! Already.

This has been a really worthwhile thread with an interesting subject which has allowed discussion on all sorts of things including tactics, older players, cultural problems for players moving internationally and ways the transfer market works.

It''s been a real pleasure. Then this nonsense.

Usually I just walk away from squabbles. Life''s too short. But this is so silly and so incongruous that I have to say something.

Take it elsewhere and leave this thread for those of us who want to discuss football. Please!!!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="The New Boy"]Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. [/quote]

[/quote]Nobody feckin cares about your stupid tit for tat argument.This thread is about Fabio Quagliarella. If you have anything constructive to say lets hear it otherwise give us all a breaK and go and watch TV.[/quote]
Here you go: http://www.vip.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Roberta-Morise-e-Fabio-Quagliarella-14.jpg 
His girlfriend. Fit. 

Any chance of you guys getting a (chat) room, dedicated to your inane pedantry, where you can abuse each other to your hearts content? ..or at least one of you be the ''bigger man'' ,''break the circle'' and move on,...hey, maybe even back to the point of the thread (which isn''t you, and your bruised egos) ......Christ alive, now you''ve got me at it. Point is, bet I''m not the only poster sick of wading through this irrelevant ping pong drivel. So please, leave each other alone, and get back on topic (and off each other)

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="The New Boy"]Interestingly the word ''ret*rd'' is a blocked word, but the word ''mong'' is not. So perhaps if you have grave concerns over the words use then you should propose that it is added to the list of censored words. [/quote]

[/quote]Nobody feckin cares about your stupid tit for tat argument.This thread is about Fabio Quagliarella. If you have anything constructive to say lets hear it otherwise give us all a breaK and go and watch TV.[/quote]
Here you go: http://www.vip.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Roberta-Morise-e-Fabio-Quagliarella-14.jpg 
His girlfriend. Fit. 
[/quote]Great, there''s a box of tissues in the post. Enjoy yourself and leave this thread to people who want to make sensible comments.

[quote user="walks on water"]Any chance of you guys getting a (chat) room, dedicated to your inane pedantry, where you can abuse each other to your hearts content? ..or at least one of you be the ''bigger man'' ,''break the circle'' and move on,...hey, maybe even back to the point of the thread (which isn''t you, and your bruised egos) ......Christ alive, now you''ve got me at it. Point is, bet I''m not the only poster sick of wading through this irrelevant ping pong drivel. So please, leave each other alone, and get back on topic (and off each other)[/quote]
Fair enough guys, no more posts from me, unless we sign him and they are relevant. Take my word for it. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="walks on water"]Any chance of you guys getting a (chat) room, dedicated to your inane pedantry, where you can abuse each other to your hearts content? ..or at least one of you be the ''bigger man'' ,''break the circle'' and move on,...hey, maybe even back to the point of the thread (which isn''t you, and your bruised egos) ......Christ alive, now you''ve got me at it. Point is, bet I''m not the only poster sick of wading through this irrelevant ping pong drivel. So please, leave each other alone, and get back on topic (and off each other)[/quote]
Fair enough guys, no more posts from me, unless we sign him and they are relevant. Take my word for it. 
[/quote]Thank you TNB. We look forward to your comments when he signs, which is now looking more and more likely.

by the way I would not read to much into the odds if I was you. 2/5 is just the starting odds from what I can tell, since we have been confirmed as having a big interest in the player and are/were in talks with the club about him that is why we have opened up as favourites. We don''t know what''s going on behind the scene, there could be other clubs that are not being talked about at all in talks. Anyway I hope we get him since I feel he would add a lot. 

Last I heard, Valencia were supposed to be interested, and if they make an acceptable bid I have a feeling he''ll choose them.

I would love an ignore button for The New Boy. Turns every thread into a tit for tat argument descending into petty insults.

Back on topic, do you think Quags could force his way back into the national team if he played well for us in the Prem?

[quote user="ricardo"]2-5 fav to join us according to this Juve sitehttp://www.tuttojuve.com/altre-notizie/corsport-partenza-quagliarella-quotata-a-140-150741[/quote]

Yay!! Thank you Ricardo for posting something remotely regarding the thread subject.

Now kindly stop interrupting the juvenile bitchfest and post something equally constructive elsewhere, there''s a good fellow.

[quote user="Morison''s Prozac"][quote]I would love an ignore button for The New Boy. Turns every thread into a tit for tat argument descending into petty insults.

Back on topic, do you think Quags could force his way back into the national team if he played well for us in the Prem?[/quote]
Tough one to answer, but why not. He would have to have some big games against the big boys though IMO.

The stance has lessened in recent years but the Italian national set up did used to have an aversion to select players plying their trade outside of the Serie A / Italy.

Like I say, this is not always the case, I think it is the preference.

quote user="Morison''s Prozac"]I would love an ignore button for The New Boy. Turns every thread into a tit for tat argument descending into petty insults.

Back on topic, do you think Quags could force his way back into the national team if he played well for us in the Prem?[/quote
A few of us have pushed for an ignore button on here, although the vast majority are against it, not sure why, perhaps through fear that no one will be able to see their posts anymore!