McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]31 year old? - 30 actually. [/quote]
30 years, 6 months and 5 days actually. 
[/quote]
So he''s 30 and a half, that still isn''t 31.
[/quote]
Well it isn''t 30 either is it? It is 30 and a half. 
[/quote]Really??!And how old are you? Five, or five and a half?

Would love to know why Quagliarella isn''t keen to come? Do we have any proof for this?

From all the reports it seems as if we are struggling to agree a fee for him, so he actually doesn''t have the decision to make yet.

But don''t let that get in the way of making wild assumptions...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]how many champions league games, League Titles, cups and International appearences have the players you mentioned from Wigan and Leicester got New Boy?

I look forward to seeing your answer, such illustrious and decorated players they are.[/quote]
Well Knockeart is 21 years old, how many "champions league games, League Titles, cups and International appearences" did Quagliarella have at 21?
Your argument is a silly one. Clearly Francis Jeffers is better than Grant Holt because with them both being 32, Jeffers has played in the Champions Leauge, has an England cap, won the FA cup twice, and come 2nd in the Premier League. Right?
As for Shaun Maloney, he has: 31 European games and more to come this season, five league titles, nine cup titles, and 28 international appearances. 
What''s your point again?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Five, or five and a half. [/quote]
Is that the size of your manhood? 

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]31 year old? - 30 actually. [/quote]
30 years, 6 months and 5 days actually. 
[/quote]
So he''s 30 and a half, that still isn''t 31.
[/quote]
Well it isn''t 30 either is it? It is 30 and a half. 
[/quote]
Well he''s still a week younger than Shaun Maloney....
If you want to split hairs
[/quote]
Yeah but Maloney has a spell able and pronounceable name. There is a lot to be said for that. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Five, or five and a half. [/quote]
Is that the size of your manhood? 
[/quote]No it''s your IQ.

TNB, you sound silly now. The point was that you said that he isn''t 30, he is 30 and a half! 30 and a half is, of course, 30 years old. Now it just looks like you are lashing out because you made a silly comment and got pulled up on it. Honestly, just calm down.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Pyro

The thread can be summed up as:

He will sign for us, he will never sign for us, he is a great player and he os to old

[/quote]Thanks. That''s genuinely useful. I may call on you again in another 50 pages time!

The New Boy wrote - "As for Shaun Maloney, he has: 31 European games and more to come this season, five league titles, nine cup titles, and 28 international appearances.

What''s your point again?"

Your point is obviously not facts and statistics it is?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The New Boy wrote - "As for Shaun Maloney, he has: 31 European games and more to come this season, five league titles, nine cup titles, and 28 international appearances.

What''s your point again?"

Your point is obviously not facts and statistics it is?[/quote]
Jas asked a question and I answered it. 

[quote user="Fleckys Flip Flop"]TNB, you sound silly now. The point was that you said that he isn''t 30, he is 30 and a half! 30 and a half is, of course, 30 years old. Now it just looks like you are lashing out because you made a silly comment and got pulled up on it. Honestly, just calm down.[/quote]What comment was that? 

The New Boy wrote - "Jas asked a question and I answered it."

But you have over-inflated Maloney''s contributions to Celtic''s League and Cup Achievements. He may well have been at the Club at the time(s) but his limited appearances did not warrant him picking up a medal at the time(s). Wiki, in this case, is not your friend.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]What is the point of moderators when idiots like TNB continue to post?[/quote]
Opinion Nazi. I''m only allowed on this thread if I want us to sign Quagliarella, that''s what it boils down to. Your question is a sound one actually. What is the point of moderators if it is not to suppress opinion and free speech? 
I wouldn''t be an "idiot" if I agreed with the consensus, but I am an "idiot" if I don''t. That''s what you are really saying. Like an extension of political correctness, must not speak negatively of rumored signings or you face the firing squad. 
I know for a fact that two of the people involved in suppressing my anti-Quagliarella sentiments were very anti-Hooper, and I take pleasure in reminding them of that when he bangs in a few goals. 
Some on here were actually very derogatory towards our new little hitman. All I''ve said about Quagliarella is that I don''t want him. I''ve always been very pro-Hooper, by the way. What was your position on Hooper, for the record?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The New Boy wrote - "Jas asked a question and I answered it."

But you have over-inflated Maloney''s contributions to Celtic''s League and Cup Achievements. He may well have been at the Club at the time(s) but his limited appearances did not warrant him picking up a medal at the time(s). Wiki, in this case, is not your friend.[/quote]
You could deduct one league title and two cups then. How is that? 

Sweet mother of jupiter this is a sizeable thread.....not having been a regular on the site, could anybody tell me if there have been any longer ones (rude)

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Not even close but keep going....[/quote]
Talking crap. 

[quote user="super canary"]Sweet mother of jupiter this is a sizeable thread.....not having been a regular on the site, could anybody tell me if there have been any longer ones (rude)[/quote]

Super Canary, there was a thread on here called ''Cheeseboard'' that is long running and crops up from time to time - not sure how many pages it was up to, but think ''Fabio Quagliarella'' must have surpassed it now. I think this is now the biggest thread in Pinkun MB history?

[quote user="Alex "]I think this is now the biggest thread in Pinkun MB history?[/quote]I seem to remember a Robert Chase/Delia thread running for something like 75 pages or so.........

Did Cheeseboard suffer from the ubiquitous, boring backbiting and pathetic squabbling too?

...back on topic, any news on Quag today? (That is, if anyone can be bothered anymore with all the forum killing childishness flying about)

[quote user="walks on water"]Did Cheeseboard suffer from the ubiquitous, boring backbiting and pathetic squabbling too? ...back on topic, any news on Quag today? (That is, if anyone can be bothered anymore with all the forum killing childishness flying about)[/quote]

No news, Juve are still in the US and I imagine little will happen until they return to Italy.

I suspect if Norwich are to sign Quagliarella, it might not happen until the season has already begun.

The New Boy wrote - "Talking crap. "

I know you are, do you want to guess again? BTW, Quagliarella has won the last two seasons with Juventus which is a bit better than Maloney''s three SPL titles.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"] but his limited appearances did not warrant him picking up a medal at the time(s). Wiki, in this case, is not your friend.[/quote]
You wouldn''t by any chance be putting your own benchmark on the number of appearances required by Shaun Maloney to be credited with contributing towards team honours but not applying that same benchmark to this Italian bloke, would you?
I''d be interested in knowing whether 13 starts would be enough to qualify? What about 9 starts? 

46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.
9 starts for Italy in his career, 4 of those in friendlies, and he is called an ''Italy International''.

46 starts in three full seasons at Juventus and he is being talked about like he is world class.
9 starts for Italy in his career, 4 of those in friendlies, and he is called an ''Italy International''.