McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

It''s nice we have kept all of the posts in one thread... 600 in here is better than 600 separate ones about hooper

not so sure on that birchfest i never read the other 598 ... well thats a lie i picked out 2 random pages and they were the usual arguments and personal insults so there are probably  some excellent posts that i have missed out on reading.

[quote user="birchfest"]It''s nice we have kept all of the posts in one thread... 600 in here is better than 600 separate ones about hooper[/quote]From what I have seen Hooper has infiltrated this thread too...........

Not saying for a second this is reliable, but makes for interesting supposition. According to this, someone on twitter says ''Quagliarella is in Norwich - confirmed by Chris Hughton'' 23 minutes ago.

http://whotalking.com/quagliarella

Considering most of the other chatter is about CH being coy on the subject Im guessing this is just a bad translation and doesnt mean he is actually in the city, but interesting to speculate...

The EPL site has an interesting analysis of the Quagliarella situation:

http://www.eplindex.com/36190/norwich-fabio-quagliarella-good-move.html?

I think he would add another valuable option up front.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Not saying for a second this is reliable, but makes for interesting supposition. According to this, someone on twitter says ''Quagliarella is in Norwich - confirmed by Chris Hughton'' 23 minutes ago. http://whotalking.com/quagliarella Considering most of the other chatter is about CH being coy on the subject Im guessing this is just a bad translation and doesnt mean he is actually in the city, but interesting to speculate...[/quote]

Quagliarella is in the US with Juventus at the moment - at the same training ground Norwich were using whilst there - I''m sure it will be widely reported in the Italian press if he leaves early.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Not saying for a second this is reliable, but makes for interesting supposition. According to this, someone on twitter says ''Quagliarella is in Norwich - confirmed by Chris Hughton'' 23 minutes ago.

Considering most of the other chatter is about CH being coy on the subject Im guessing this is just a bad translation and doesnt mean he is actually in the city, but interesting to speculate...[/quote]I hear that he was spotted at breakfast this morning at Dunston Hall, where he is sharing a twin room with Toby Alderweireld. They were overheard discussing how they''ll be able to rent a boat and sale it around the Broads on days off.Not many people know this, but both of them are very keen sailors, which makes Norwich a massive draw to both players.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Not saying for a second this is reliable, but makes for interesting supposition. According to this, someone on twitter says ''Quagliarella is in Norwich - confirmed by Chris Hughton'' 23 minutes ago.

Considering most of the other chatter is about CH being coy on the subject Im guessing this is just a bad translation and doesnt mean he is actually in the city, but interesting to speculate...[/quote]I hear that he was spotted at breakfast this morning at Dunston Hall, where he is sharing a twin room with Toby Alderweireld. They were overheard discussing how they''ll be able to rent a boat and sale it around the Broads on days off.Not many people know this, but both of them are very keen sailors, which makes Norwich a massive draw to both players.[/quote]

I thought that twin room at Dunston Hall had been booked by Sports Desk Pete so Lake District Canary and YankeeCanary could talk through their differences...[;)]

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Not saying for a second this is reliable, but makes for interesting supposition. According to this, someone on twitter says ''Quagliarella is in Norwich - confirmed by Chris Hughton'' 23 minutes ago. http://whotalking.com/quagliarella Considering most of the other chatter is about CH being coy on the subject Im guessing this is just a bad translation and doesnt mean he is actually in the city, but interesting to speculate...[/quote]

Quagliarella is in the US with Juventus at the moment - at the same training ground Norwich were using whilst there - I''m sure it will be widely reported in the Italian press if he leaves early.

[/quote]

....and the plot thickens as FQ collects the "private and confidential" "for your eyes only" secret dossier left there for him by the manager of the previous visitors, and personally handed to him by "an emmissary" of the "Canary Cartel" with an offer he cannot refuse......

Stay tuned for the latest thrilling installment of "The Quagliarella Affair"!

Fairly sure we must have an imminent signing to announce within the next 48 hours or so after letting Surman go - don''t think we''d release him without a new player arriving to push another current player down the pecking order. Quagliarella? Toivonen? A.N.Other?... Think we''ll know by the end of Friday afternoon.

Could be, but I wouldn''t read too much into the Surman loan - we still have four wide players on the books. Redmond wasn''t going to be signed to do nothing, one of the others were going to have to move.

And it still leaves us with a squad of 24 players over 21. 25 if you include Redmond.

Haha like it, SOB. To be fair, McNally did hint that he was maybe prepared to lay on another shirt + printing deal, and let''s face it, he wouldn''t do that if he knew the next signing only had a few letters to his name would he?. Maybe nothing in that but just a thought. Still hopeful of the Quag joining us, but it really does seem 50/50 right now, especially with Valencia''s apparent interest...

Would be a cracking addition to our squad. I have absolutely no idea why people are bleating on about resale value. Sure it''s great to have a player who has bags of potential whom we could one day move on for a tidy profit, but FQ is a player who has looked after himself tremendously physically and appears to still be at his peak. If you want top half, you need players for the here and now as well as for tomorrow. It would be a real statement of intent.

The flip side of course is that i''m not sure we really need him, unless we are going to see two up front (which, with the signing of Hooper, i feel we may) FQ as a second striker would be the way forward, in the hole not so much.

Had a dream last night that we beat Aston Villa 6-0 at Carrow Rd, with Quagliarella scoring 2 goals on his debut as a 2nd half sub. . .

Then it turned out that he was actually one of my Italian cousins and I spent the rest of the dream showing him around behind the scenes at the Club. Oh, and he had joined on a season long loan and I was trying to talk him into signing permanently! Strange eh?? Wouldn''t mind the first bit coming true though. The 2nd bit definitely isn''t, to my knowledge. Maybe I should double check with the old man though just to be on the safe side! ;-)

Valencia will rival Norwich City in the chase to sign Juventus striker Fabio Quagliarella after confirming the sale of Roberto Soldado to Tottenham.

The Spanish side''s coffers will be boosted by a fee in excess of £25m for the new Spurs man and they are eyeing Quagliarella, who has been capped 25 times by Italy.

The 30-year-old, who managed just 13 league starts last term as Juve secured their second successive Serie A crown, has fallen behind in Antonio Conte''s pecking order following the arrivals of Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez.

Chris Hughton has already snapped up Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper but he recently refused to rule out a move for Quagliarella.

However, he will have to act fast to land the former Napoli hitman as Valencia are poised to launch an offer of their own.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]TGMD wrote - "Everton now seemingly being linked. Only on twitter though so probably buncum"

That has put me off my iced bun.[/quote]
[+o(]