McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

These guys were first to break that we had signed hooper instead of qpr. Now there saying we are close on Quag

http://www.simplyfootball.net/norwich-close-to-quagliarella-deal

[quote user="Canary_Mad"]These guys were first to break that we had signed hooper instead of qpr. Now there saying we are close on Quag

http://www.simplyfootball.net/norwich-close-to-quagliarella-deal[/quote]

They didn''t break it first, they just said they did. They reported the news after it was officially announced, like everyone else. All they did was say a few days before that he''d sign for us and not QPR, which hardly takes a source within the club to guess at, does it?

My guess is they''re a nothing website with no contacts and like dozens of others try and guess at the blatantly obvious outcomes of "rumours".

Can''t distinguish your bonfire this guy Fawkes night?

Call Alan grey!! Alan will come to your event and p155 all over it!

Call 0800-6155-6155 now

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Can''t distinguish your bonfire this guy Fawkes night?

Call Alan grey!! Alan will come to your event and p155 all over it!

Call 0800-6155-6155 now[/quote]

EXTinguish - lol

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Canary_Mad"]These guys were first to break that we had signed hooper instead of qpr. Now there saying we are close on Quag

http://www.simplyfootball.net/norwich-close-to-quagliarella-deal[/quote]

They didn''t break it first, they just said they did. They reported the news after it was officially announced, like everyone else. All they did was say a few days before that he''d sign for us and not QPR, which hardly takes a source within the club to guess at, does it?

My guess is they''re a nothing website with no contacts and like dozens of others try and guess at the blatantly obvious outcomes of "rumours".[/quote]

Wrong! they announced on the 22nd that he was close. Before anyone else. Maybe a lucky guess i dont know but maybe they do know something

All of our signings have been great as well as some of the others players we have been linked with. This is the only one I am not excited about, I know the age thing has been much debated but it does seem a lot of cash for a player of his age

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]All of our signings have been great as well as some of the others players we have been linked with. This is the only one I am not excited about, I know the age thing has been much debated but it does seem a lot of cash for a player of his age[/quote]Do you agree we need an experienced, talismanic head in the squad to fill the void of Holt?If so, can you think of any alternatives that would provide the experience needed, add quality, for less money?How much would Jemaine Defoe cost? Would you prefer someone a little cheaper, like Kevin Phillips?I think there is a clear void that needs filling. I agree that it''s a lot of money, but I think to fill that void, if we want the squad to progress the way it is, we can''t do it on the cheap.

Anyone spouting about journeymen and lack of passion for the club needs to have a look at Hoopers interview on SSN yesterday- I''ve never seen someone so open about how little Norwich means to them. OK he seems incredibly thick and maybe doesn''t come across how he means but even with the interviewer feeding him lines he managed to say nothing at all about coming to NCFC (only that he wants to play in the Prem and wants to get into the England Squad)!It''s always nice to think the players are fans too but realistically its not the case. I have been open about my doubt over Hooper before but that is based on ability- the same reason I am excited about Quag. Neither of them are particularly interested in playing for Norwich but hopefully they will both do so and do so professionally. There is no reason to think that Quag will be poor just because he hasn''t jumped at the chance to come here (as far as we know- although without a bid accepted I don''t think he is supposed to say anything yet anyway) anyone thinking that and not the same about Hooper should really watch that interview.

A lot of people seem worried about his age for the said price we have offered. But think about it this way, what will he bring to the football club as a whole, not just on the pitch but off it. For one he has played at the highest level and won a lot of trophies so with this comes a great deal of knowledge about performing at a very high standard. Some of this knowledge Quag has picked up over the years could well rub off onto our two new strikers RvW and Hooper and for me this could be worth its weight in gold since they are now the future of the club, oh and also Fer.
And then we have marketing, RvW has added a great deal to the club in this sense but another big name signing would surely make stand out more to the next generation of NCFC supporters. We would also be more attractive to future signings for one, we all know about Toby and this could be something he is watching, a big show of ambition that would make him sign on the doted line.
I believe with Quag you have to look at the bigger picture and not his age, he should give us a few years of great football but in the long term his signing could have a bigger effect.

Is it all inflation though? Is this seasons 8m the same as last seasons 8m?

When I was a student I became so poor that I was living on £5 a week for food at one point, I had to justify every penny, and if I couldnt, I didnt buy it. Naturally that made me a bit frugal for a period afterwards. But when I graduated and finally had an income, after paying off my debts I suddenly realised I didnt need to be so tight, and I gradually relaxed my attitude on purchases. Now when I fill my car up I dont break into a cold sweat anymore (Iv just accepted some things are expensive). With the astronomical amount of money thats come into the club this season with the new TV deal, perhaps we all need to relax a little bit about these kind of figures (I know theyre new and scary). We know McNally and the board have never been reckless with the cash - the brinksmanship over Hooper has demonstrated that - we wont overspend, and we wont be held to ransom. We are no mugs (no Southampton or QPR), and doesnt it feel good to be able to feel like that?

I think we can trust the people running the club that if we''re willing to spend such a sum, its well thought out, within our budget, and counterbalanced by the anticipated improvement in league status, club status and merchandising.

I have a lot of respect for the people running the club at present, so I have faith in their judgement that purchasing Quagliarella at that price (if we can) is a good move.

Totally agree with you ''Yellow Shirt'', I too was disappointed with Hoopers interview and if I was Hughton I would''ve been slightly embarrassed. But at the end of the day he is paid to do a job and that is to score goals. Norwich is very much a under-rated part of the country and I prefer it to be like that anyway, but lets hope over time his attitude towards the club and county will change. The same with all the players RVW has already expressed his love for the place already and i''m sure Hooper will come around too.

Keeping on topic, I have a feeling we''ll sign Quag and Toby Alderweireld, we''ve not failed on a single target yet (maybe Toivonen) but I have every confidence in our managment.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]All of our signings have been great as well as some of the others players we have been linked with. This is the only one I am not excited about, I know the age thing has been much debated but it does seem a lot of cash for a player of his age[/quote]Do you agree we need an experienced, talismanic head in the squad to fill the void of Holt?If so, can you think of any alternatives that would provide the experience needed, add quality, for less money?How much would Jemaine Defoe cost? Would you prefer someone a little cheaper, like Kevin Phillips?I think there is a clear void that needs filling. I agree that it''s a lot of money, but I think to fill that void, if we want the squad to progress the way it is, we can''t do it on the cheap. [/quote]Nope.

There is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that Quagliarella would be the biggest signing in Norwich''s history. He is supremely talented .

It doesn''t matter that he is 30. If we stay in this league we could easily afford to sign a 30 year old of this calibre every summer if we wanted to.

Not every signing has to have a higher sell on fee. If we truly want to stop being a club nervously watching the relegation places and calculating possible results of others we need to step up to signing players of this pedigree.

Some of our fans need to match the ambition of our club and trust in the fact that McNally and Hughton clearly think it would be a good thing to go for players like this.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Totally agree with you ''Yellow Shirt'', I too was disappointed with Hoopers interview and if I was Hughton I would''ve been slightly embarrassed. But at the end of the day he is paid to do a job and that is to score goals. Norwich is very much a under-rated part of the country and I prefer it to be like that anyway, but lets hope over time his attitude towards the club and county will change. The same with all the players RVW has already expressed his love for the place already and i''m sure Hooper will come around too.

Keeping on topic, I have a feeling we''ll sign Quag and Toby Alderweireld, we''ve not failed on a single target yet (maybe Toivonen) but I have every confidence in our managment.[/quote]That''s because RVW is a beast and Hooper isn''t fit to lick his damn boots!! Seriously though..I loved seeing RVW cheering us on against WBA when we thumped them 4-0 and tweeting pics of himself watching the game live on his pc. He will lead the line with passion at the very least

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Anyone spouting about journeymen and lack of passion for the club needs to have a look at Hoopers interview on SSN yesterday- I''ve never seen someone so open about how little Norwich means to them.
OK he seems incredibly thick and maybe doesn''t come across how he means but even with the interviewer feeding him lines he managed to say nothing at all about coming to NCFC (only that he wants to play in the Prem and wants to get into the England Squad)!
It''s always nice to think the players are fans too but realistically its not the case. I have been open about my doubt over Hooper before but that is based on ability- the same reason I am excited about Quag. Neither of them are particularly interested in playing for Norwich but hopefully they will both do so and do so professionally. There is no reason to think that Quag will be poor just because he hasn''t jumped at the chance to come here (as far as we know- although without a bid accepted I don''t think he is supposed to say anything yet anyway) anyone thinking that and not the same about Hooper should really watch that interview.
[/quote]

I watched the whole interview and haven''t got a clue what you are talking about. He was clearly not particularly comfortable in that environment but to make that sort of statement is, in my view, ridiculous. Are you just mischief making or do you have a more serious ulterior motive? "Neither of them are particularly interested in playing for Norwich". Really? What the hell is one of them doing here then? Absolutely ludicrous.

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Totally agree with you ''Yellow Shirt'', I too was disappointed with Hoopers interview and if I was Hughton I would''ve been slightly embarrassed. But at the end of the day he is paid to do a job and that is to score goals. Norwich is very much a under-rated part of the country and I prefer it to be like that anyway, but lets hope over time his attitude towards the club and county will change. The same with all the players RVW has already expressed his love for the place already and i''m sure Hooper will come around too. Keeping on topic, I have a feeling we''ll sign Quag and Toby Alderweireld, we''ve not failed on a single target yet (maybe Toivonen) but I have every confidence in our managment.[/quote]

That''s because RVW is a beast and Hooper isn''t fit to lick his damn boots!!
Seriously though..I loved seeing RVW cheering us on against WBA when we thumped them 4-0 and tweeting pics of himself watching the game live on his pc. He will lead the line with passion at the very least
[/quote]

What sort of comment is that. Pathetic !

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]Totally agree with you ''Yellow Shirt'', I too was disappointed with Hoopers interview and if I was Hughton I would''ve been slightly embarrassed. But at the end of the day he is paid to do a job and that is to score goals. Norwich is very much a under-rated part of the country and I prefer it to be like that anyway, but lets hope over time his attitude towards the club and county will change. The same with all the players RVW has already expressed his love for the place already and i''m sure Hooper will come around too. Keeping on topic, I have a feeling we''ll sign Quag and Toby Alderweireld, we''ve not failed on a single target yet (maybe Toivonen) but I have every confidence in our managment.[/quote]That''s because RVW is a beast and Hooper isn''t fit to lick his damn boots!! Seriously though..I loved seeing RVW cheering us on against WBA when we thumped them 4-0 and tweeting pics of himself watching the game live on his pc. He will lead the line with passion at the very least[/quote]

What sort of comment is that. Pathetic !

[/quote]FFS don''t s*** yourself it was a joke hence the very next line starting with "Seriously though.."

100% agree with you Webbo re the Hooper interview.

I feel sorry for these lads who have to put up with the same old stupid questions. The boy hasn''t kicked a ball for us yet but don''t worry, let''s accuse of him of not really liking us!

There is another word that could be used but ''unbelievable'' will do.

I have to remind myself that there are some on here who moaned about Hucks and Holty on a regular basis, so why should I be surprised.

Incredible! (bugger - there''s another word)

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Anyone spouting about journeymen and lack of passion for the club needs to have a look at Hoopers interview on SSN yesterday- I''ve never seen someone so open about how little Norwich means to them.
OK he seems incredibly thick and maybe doesn''t come across how he means but even with the interviewer feeding him lines he managed to say nothing at all about coming to NCFC (only that he wants to play in the Prem and wants to get into the England Squad)!
It''s always nice to think the players are fans too but realistically its not the case. I have been open about my doubt over Hooper before but that is based on ability- the same reason I am excited about Quag. Neither of them are particularly interested in playing for Norwich but hopefully they will both do so and do so professionally. There is no reason to think that Quag will be poor just because he hasn''t jumped at the chance to come here (as far as we know- although without a bid accepted I don''t think he is supposed to say anything yet anyway) anyone thinking that and not the same about Hooper should really watch that interview.
[/quote]

I watched the whole interview and haven''t got a clue what you are talking about. He was clearly not particularly comfortable in that environment but to make that sort of statement is, in my view, ridiculous. Are you just mischief making or do you have a more serious ulterior motive? "Neither of them are particularly interested in playing for Norwich". Really? What the hell is one of them doing here then? Absolutely ludicrous.

[/quote]

Perhaps I didn''t make the point very well- his motivation for the move was the league not the club. He said outright that he was close to going to QPR but that he wanted the premier league. It came across to me very much that he''d have gone to any PL club and there is nothing about NCFC that interested him other than the chance to play in the PL.

Not a problem as long as he performs, just making the point that he and indeed many footballers do not care what club they are at as long as the level is right. If Hooper does well enough he''ll jump to the next team up the ladder at the first opportunity I''m sure.

Quag however, while the motivation if he comes will be no more about NCFC, I suspect he is more likely to stay even if performing brilliantly due to his age and the fact that he has already reached the top level he can. This next World Cup he might hope to make but the next one not so much.

Haven''t we missed the point, he was close to going to QPR as at that point they were the only club who had agreed a fee, where else would he be close to going?

We then agreed a fee and the guy couldn''t get here fast enough, yes he has said he wants to play Premier League but which wannabe England footballer doesn''t,, it just happens that the only Premier League team that agreed a fee was us. As far as I can see its a win-win, he wants to perform on the biggest stage to help his England prospects so therefore has to put the effort with us and is therefore committed to playing here.

Half the time with some players I''m sure they say the ''right'' thing for the sake of it or they have been advised to, lets judge him on the pitch shall we and not based on an interview!!

I''m not knocking hooper for not being an NCFC fan just saying its odd to criticise one player for an assumption of something another has displayed.

Just an odd dual standard being displayed by some folk I though.

re Hooper, we must not forget that City has been haggling over him until the point when he may have thought that we were no longer an option, and perhaps felt unwanted by us, which may explain some of the mercenary attitude. Whatever his motives, he seems to know that he has to perform to make progress...

Just to get this back on topic, according to the below link, Valencia are now possibly showing interest in signing Quagliarella. To sum it up, it says that having sold Soldado they now have money to play with and Quagliarella interests them and that he would likely be interested in them. Obviously just more speculation to add to the growing list. Hope we can get this deal done soon if it''s still on the cards!

http://www.canalenapoli.it/news/il-valencia-e-sulle-tracce-di-fabio-quagliarella-80823

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]100% agree with you Webbo re the Hooper interview. I feel sorry for these lads who have to put up with the same old stupid questions. The boy hasn''t kicked a ball for us yet but don''t worry, let''s accuse of him of not really liking us! There is another word that could be used but ''unbelievable'' will do. I have to remind myself that there are some on here who moaned about Hucks and Holty on a regular basis, so why should I be surprised. Incredible! (bugger - there''s another word)[/quote]

I just know he''s going to be crucified when he misplaces a pass or misses a chance. It''s what so many Norwich "supporters" do so well.

Compared to Norwich, which is an English city quite sad - with all due respect to the English city - Valencia is another level there is the sea, is a beautiful city, there is a stadium hot. On the one hand there is the desire of the player to go and live in a city much better and on the other there is also the ambition, because the Valencia finished fifth this year, he lost on the last day with the Real Sociedad a chance to play the Champions League, in my opinion, will make a Europe League of good quality, if not high-level, and even a championship with ambition. Moreover, the Valencia has the opportunity to meet Juventus regarding the evaluation of the player, paying 8 to 10 million, if not more, and also to get closer to the demands of engagement of Quagliarella, who then were the figures that offered the Norwich . So I think that Valencia has more chance of Norwich, because there are so many attractive than the British company, which although ambitious, is low-medium ranking. Then remember that 9 years ago, a Di Vaio choices the transition from Juventus to Valencia and did quite well, so in this sense there could be a return to the past. "