McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

I would agree that the Italy v Japan game could of been the highlight of the Confeds cup but would argue it was the refreshing nature (and Naivety) of Japans play that made it so (along with dreadful defending) I may be a buffoon but I stand by my right to find watching the Italian national team depressingly dull to watch regardless of the methods being successful.  

I am not arguing that Quagliarella is not a great player just questioning the fit for NCFC.

You cannot deny that there is a limited trail of players over the recent past between the 2 leagues (when compared to other European leagues) Italy has always been probably the most technical with the premier league probably being the most frenetic. 

What will be will be.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I would agree that the Italy v Japan game could of been the highlight of the Confeds cup but would argue it was the refreshing nature (and Naivety) of Japans play that made it so (along with dreadful defending) I may be a buffoon but I stand by my right to find watching the Italian national team depressingly dull to watch regardless of the methods being successful.  

I am not arguing that Quagliarella is not a great player just questioning the fit for NCFC.

You cannot deny that there is a limited trail of players over the recent past between the 2 leagues (when compared to other European leagues) Italy has always been probably the most technical with the premier league probably being the most frenetic. 

What will be will be.

[/quote]You clearly didn''t watch Italy vs Uruguay either did you.

Prandelli has completely transformed Italy from a defensive to all out attacking team. Just can''t fathom where all your info has come from. I find England so dire to watch nowadays that would rather watch San Marino.

Haha, emissaries indeed Grey! Fair enough if it was last night, here''s hoping we get it sorted..

I guess "all out attacking" is a relative term. Wouldn''t waste my time watching England don''t  recall them playing as team during my lifetime (perhaps the year I was born) I admit I neither watch significant amounts of Serie A or Italian National football but the games I have seen have generally done little to change my feelings. This is of course irrelevant how a player like Quagliarella would fit into a team like Norwich and a league like the premiership.

I''m guessing if the press is to be believed Hughton would agree with you. Time will tell if you are both right and it was a gamble worth taking. I for one hope you will be trawling this thread up in 4 months time to show what a muppet I am.

At least we can all agree that Watching England is dire.Seeing we have 3 lads in the Scotland team in a few weeks, I think I might just support Scotland.I''ve got some Scottish blood in me anyway!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Haven''t read through this thread

completely, so apologies if this has been highlighted already.

Taken

from the official Juve website."FabioQuagliarella will be joining Norwich this week. The Juventus striker really like the Premier League club. There have been a first formal offer by fax to EUR 6.5 million. But Juve think it is not enough.

It is therefore likely that in the coming days, there is a new offer,

more importantly, around eight million euros, which could lead to a

concrete discussion.
Emissaries of Norwich have already contacted the player with the ambitious plans of the club so anything can still happen."

[/quote]

I know this isn''t the official Juve site, but it doesn''t even say that. It says  Quagliarella will perhaps be joining Norwich City, and (although the wording could be a bit ambiguous) that we like him a lot, rather than him liking us  a lot.

buffon, marchisio, de rossi, pirlo, balotelli, montolivo all quality. i watched them in the confeds and thought they looked quality. i made the point next day at work how good a footballing side they are and how watching them was light years away from watching an england game.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]buffon, marchisio, de rossi, pirlo, balotelli, montolivo all quality. i watched them in the confeds and thought they looked quality. i made the point next day at work how good a footballing side they are and how watching them was light years away from watching an england game.[/quote]

I think you could include Chiellini in there, some of his last ditch defending was immense.

yer he looked good too. when i heard sunderland wanted him i thought that aint gonna happen. but if i heard right he wasnt a regular starter for juve. suprised a bigger club didnt come in for him.

Hadn''t heard McNally was there..... He did jokingly tweet this last night though "who do he play for" (question about next player)  McNally responder with: "pasta, pasta FC"MAYBE IT WAS A SIGN....

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Hadn''t heard McNally was there..... He did jokingly tweet this last night though "who do he play for" (question about next player)  McNally responder with: "pasta, pasta FC"MAYBE IT WAS A SIGN....[/quote]

No no no. Someone asked him if he liked spaghetti. Then someone else asked "who does he play for?", as if Spaghetti was a player. And that was his response. Nothing to do with hinting at anything.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Hadn''t heard McNally was there..... He did jokingly tweet this last night though "who do he play for" (question about next player)  McNally responder with: "pasta, pasta FC"MAYBE IT WAS A SIGN....[/quote]

No no no. Someone asked him if he liked spaghetti. Then someone else asked "who does he play for?", as if Spaghetti was a player. And that was his response. Nothing to do with hinting at anything.[/quote]Ah I didn''t know that.I didn''t honestly believe McNally would have used pasta fc as a hint though! :D

@Reading and Keelansglove: My guess is that you are both younger than me and perhaps early twenties?

I say that because I can remember two or three tournaments where England played as a team, were true contenders and played good football.

Italy ''90. Euro (England) ''96 and France 98.

I remember the first two with great fondness as the first was when I started to become really interested in footy and the second because some of the football we played was amazing. We had some great footballers throughout the team, Sheringham and Shearer along with Gascoigne. We were arguably the best team in the tournament but Germany did a job on us, with typical organisation they defended us out of the game and then won on penalties.

The wheels fell off since then, but mainly because since then the likes of Spain, Holland, Belgium and other countries have improved their youth development to include more smaller sided games as well as footsall and ours hasn''t progressed anywhere near as much. We''ve been left behind.

Renegade Snare wrote - "Rumours circulating that we have staff (apparently McNally) in Turin today meeting with Juve.... "

Not Staff!!!

Emissaries!

Ha sadly not. Although I have to confess to have never supported England as I have always been Ncfc only (and any player that played for NCFC so various dalliances with the Welsh, Northern Irish etc etc)

I was born in 66.

I went to the Spain game in 96 (although they weren''t the team they are now back then) I have to confess 3 Lions almost brought a lump to my throat.

I will also confess that due to my fervent support of Ncfc (added to my dual nationality , My father is Swiss) I could never bring myself to support all the scum bags that used to turn up at Carrow road playing for the opposition.

England have had some decent players over those 47 years I must begrudgingly admit but never a team that "deserved" to win anything and always at least 3-4 teams that were better.  

Forever Yellow.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Renegade Snare wrote - "Rumours circulating that we have staff (apparently McNally) in Turin today meeting with Juve.... " Not Staff!!! Emissaries![/quote]

He''s only flown out for a photo shoot in Turin with the shroud, so everyone on here can then see the likeness![:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Renegade Snare wrote - "Rumours circulating that we have staff (apparently McNally) in Turin today meeting with Juve.... " Not Staff!!! Emissaries![/quote]

He''s only flown out for a photo shoot in Turin with the shroud, so everyone on here can then see the likeness![:D]

[/quote]

Yes, but McNally would also have to be carbon-dated for absolute confirmation...

Alan_Grey wrote - "At last, something from the horse''s mouth! Thank you "

Did you think this whole business was just Agent Talk?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Alan_Grey wrote - "At last, something from the horse''s mouth! Thank you "

Did you think this whole business was just Agent Talk?[/quote]Oh dear Alan and Joanna, is this your first major row? [;)]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Alan_Grey wrote - "At last, something from the horse''s mouth! Thank you "

Did you think this whole business was just Agent Talk?[/quote]

No. But if this is the first time an NCFC official has confirmed that we are interested in buying Quagiarella then it is noteworthy.

It depends on how you interpreted Hughton''s cryptic response to being asked if any of the rumoured links to players were true.

He said some were and some were not.