McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

LDC - Since when were Juventus a French club?

I suspect that''s a fans site that looks official rather than their official site!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I have watched a number of videos of Quagliarella and he doesn''t seem to play like a number 10 to me more an out and out striker.[/quote]

YouTube highlights packages or full 90 minute games? He always look like a striker in video clips of him scoring goals. As would a defender - because the video clip is of the player SCORING GOALS.

Your comments on Serie A show you obviously haven''t watched the League recently - it is a lot more attacking now than it ever use to be, and if you don''t watch the league you obviously have never seen the guy play a full game, which leads me to conclude you are talking from a position of ignorance.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]LDC - Since when were Juventus a French club?

I suspect that''s a fans site that looks official rather than their official site![/quote]Yeah, you''re right - I thought it was translated by google or something.    Sorry.   But the information seems specific for a fans site.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]As I said earlier in the thread I am more than happy to eat a very large slice of humble pie should he sign and be a success with us. All I a saying is IF I were in charge he is not the kind of player I would go for considering the Age/Price/Injury/stats/wages/residual value.[/quote]

Age - 30, not a young player obviously, but with only Hoolahan the only regular starter from last season who is over 30 a bit of experience wouldn''t hurt. Same age as Zola when he moved to Chelsea.

Price - £5.6m - £6.9m, not cheap but not a huge transfer outlay (would imagine that it also has a bunch of clauses relating to apperances etc.) to pay a little more for Quagliarella than Hooper seems good value to me.

Injury - One nasty injury two years ago (which he missed around 6 months football). He was given a new, longer, contract by Juve on his return to fitness - they obviously weren''t to concerned by it.

Stats - Quagliarella scored one goal every 128 minutes played for Juve last season - thats one goal every 1.4 games (1153 mins played, 9 goals)

Wages - Currently on £34,000 a week at Juve (Italian clubs have to declare their wages per player). That is slightly higher than average Premier League wages. Would be out of Norwich''s budget.

Residual Value - Whether it matters or not is an interesting point. Norwich obtain value through the player''s performances, not as an asset or investment. Quagliarella will maintain value in Italy - where he is highly respected, for a couple of years yet. It is not like Italian teams are afraid of older players. If his performances help Norwich achieve longer cup runs and higher league positions that is also a benefit.

[/quote]

I assume you mean wages would not be out of our budget? I suspect we are paying up to £40K a week this season for the top earners which fits with the sprt of slary package mentioned for Quag in a couple of the articles.

As for re-sale value clearly its nice to get re-sale value but i think with our debts now cleared and the club in such rude health financially we can take a view on the odd player here and there if the opportunity arises to buy a bit of proven quality. Redmond, RVW, Hooper and Fer are all young and all have potential to see us make a significant profit should they prove a success in the prem with us. If Quag helps fire us to another decent league finish next season he will have already paid for himself really.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]At least watching Quags Goal reels on Youtube wasn''t as dull as watching a whole Serie A game.[/quote]

When was the last time you watch a Serie A game? When it was on Channel 4 about 15 years ago?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Wages - Currently on £34,000 a week at Juve (Italian clubs have to declare their wages per player). That is slightly higher than average Premier League wages. Would be out of Norwich''s budget.

[/quote] I assume you mean wages would not be out of our budget? I suspect we are paying up to £40K a week this season for the top earners which fits with the sprt of slary package mentioned for Quag in a couple of the articles. As for re-sale value clearly its nice to get re-sale value but i think with our debts now cleared and the club in such rude health financially we can take a view on the odd player here and there if the opportunity arises to buy a bit of proven quality. Redmond, RVW, Hooper and Fer are all young and all have potential to see us make a significant profit should they prove a success in the prem with us. If Quag helps fire us to another decent league finish next season he will have already paid for himself really.[/quote]

Yes, sorry. Wages easily in Norwich''s new budget. (Sure RvW is on at least that).

For those who are concerned of the player''s age, a 30 year old Gianfranco Zola joined Chelsea in 1996 for a price of £4.5 million.With that in mind, 8 million euros is quite a bargain!!!

And I totally agree with Bethnal r.e ''signing of intent'' - 8mill may sound a lot but it really isn''t when you consider this would A.) set the mark for the level of future signings etc and show that we really mean business and want to compete. And really importantly for the growth of NCFC as a club and business B.) it would also be a signing that would further enhance our chances to attract other quality players, alongside RvW/Fer etc, thus moving us on to the next level C.) Would put us ''more on the map'' and would certainly gain NCFC more revenue as more people show interest in our club.

Lot''s of reasons why Fabio Quagliarella could be one of the most important signings in NCFC''s history, both for the club and for the supporters. Seems a total win-win no brainer to me...

Since when did ignorance get in the way of a valid opinion ?

Watching the Italian team at the confederations cup was enough for me to want to hurt myself.

Agreed re goals compilations but wold have expected a few juicy passes in amongst the "best of" if he truly is a number 10 and very few of his goals seem to have him coming from deep.

I''m not normally negative but this one just doesn''t feel right to me.

Could be a useful lineup when chasing a game or playing someone rubbish like Luton

Ruddy
Martin       Turner      Bassong         Olson
                           Fer
   Snodgrass                       Hoolahan  
          Wolfswinkel   Quagliarella
                        Hooper

Not sure its a sign of intent unless the intent is to buy players that are over priced with a big name , thought we left that to West Ham.

Also the queue that is forming for his signature doesn''t appear too long.

I am happy to watch an actual game if one is available on line that would change my opinion.

Ruddy
Martin       Turner      Bassong         Olson
                           Fer
   Snodgrass                       Hoolahan  
          Wolfswinkel   Quagliarella
                        Hooper

Keelan you have a very outdated view on Italian football, I don''t think there''s any chance of convincing you that this is a potentially very good signing.

If Alderweireld also came in due to the ambitious signing of Quags would it be worth it then?

There seems to be a real mix of views on the desirability of signing Quag. Some say that he almost alone could lift us up to football in Europe in 2014-15, while others rate him as a mercenary prima donna who will collect his wages but somehow not enjoy the rough and tumble of the EPL.

I exaggerate by making both positions very extreme. This is merely to show that there is a certain ambivalence among us, which I share. Do we need three top-flight strikers when we can play only two at most, and so confine one of them to the bench or to be a substitute? Would we be better signing a young striker with prospects as our fourth striker. And can we expect strikers from Scotland, Spain/Holland, Italy and Argentina to learn and adapt quickly to the mixture?

The other issue is that of the budget. I would not mind spending £7m or so on Quag if that is the end of the business, but I would be upset if it meant we could not sign Alderweireld, who I think could be a more vital signing, immediately and for a few years to come. Have we got enough left to lay out £12m on the two, even using any money from Holt, Vaughan and Steer? If we had, does it mean that there will be nothing left for  a rainy day in January?

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Watching the Italian team at the confederations cup was enough for me to want to hurt myself.

[/quote]

The Italy that scored 8 goals in 3 group games? Including a 4-3 against Japan and a 4-2 against Brazil?

You obviously weren''t paying much attention to those games.

Quagliarella is famous in Italy for scoring long range goals - it seems you have managed to find a view point almost exactly opposite of reality.

Maybe things are just moving too quickly for me

I watched the 4-3 game against Japan (and if Japan could have defended they would have won)

Just seems like the kind of player we would never have signed in a million year which I guess is the point.

Any player is a risk and I stand by the fact that of all the European leagues Italy and England are the most different.

doesn''t mean I don''t think hes a good player (that would be foolish)

I will be very happy to be proved wrong and given that we have signed all the players I could have hoped for at reasonable prices one gamble is not too bad.

Tarek Khatib ‏@ADP1113 9m

Norwich are insisting on Quagliarella, today in Milan representatives from the British club will launch another attack for the ST - Cds.

Tarek Khatib ‏@ADP1113 8m

Juventus are ready to consider an offer for Quagliarella & the player himself has hinted that he might be open for a move - Cds

Same guy who was aware of Hughton/representatives being in Italy before the US tour.

Worst case scenario we lose a few mil, best case we have an amazing and experienced player who helps us push on into challenging higher up the table. Go for it!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

Since when did ignorance get in the way of a valid opinion ?

Agreed re goals compilations but wold have expected a few juicy passes in amongst the "best of" if he truly is a number 10 and very few of his goals seem to have him coming from deep.

I''m not normally negative but this one just doesn''t feel right to me.

[/quote]

You are a buffoon of the highest order. Italy were prob the most exciting team at the Confeds Cup. Pretty sure the match against Japan was as exciting as it got. Serie A is not what it use to be but is no means boring. The way Juve turned over Chelsea was brilliance. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but yours is based on ignorance and footage from 1997.

And the original source of the quotes above if anyone was wondering:

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio_mercato/2013/07/29-329847/Calciomercato+Juventus%3A+Quagliarella+apertura+al+Norwich

"Tuttosport had a Poll on which ST Juve fans wanted to get rid of most - Results: Quagliarella 56.5% - Matri 30.4% - Vucinic 13.1%."Make of that as you will...

He''s not saying anything new Gnasher but this tweet of his made me chuckle;

Tarek Khatib @ ADP1113 10m

Tuttosport had a Poll on Which ST Juve fans wanted to get rid of most - Results: Quagliarella 56.5% - 30.4% Matri - Vucinic 13.1%

Well I thought the representatives in Milan today was worth mentioning.

And wanting rid of Quagliarella isn''t too surprising behind Matri, Vucinic, Llorente, Giovinco and Tevez when asked.

He''s not wanted / needed at JuventusHe''s open to a move out of ItalyWe are clearly interested and have made an offerFrom what we have heard West Ham have been priced out, Roma was a no - go and no other clubs involved.Sounds like he''ll be heading here pretty soon then.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Still harping on about this chap....oh dear![/quote]Nobody cares what a so called "fan" who abuses our own players on Twitter constantly thinks I''m afraid.

Gnasher wrote - "Well I thought the representatives in Milan today was worth mentioning. "

You mean "emissaries"? ;-) . That was being reported last night but it was not clear whether people were adding details to the original CDS article or not (as it did not seem to be online).