McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]CambridgeCanary wrote the following post at 28/07/2013 12:05 PM:

I don''t know how Quagmire would turn out and clearly he might not settle but.........

Whether or not you agree with me that Martin Peters was the greatest player to wear a Norwich shirt, it is surely beyond dispute that he guided and inspired Norwich to become an established top division team. He used his experience and extraordinary ability to help other players move up a level or two and once we started winning we were able to attract better players. He rose to the new challenge from the doldrums at Spurs and played a very important part in setting up the club for all that followed eg Munich.

I think that a Quagmire who wants to be the centre of the team and who has the ability and experience to bring the best out of others would be with much more than £8m. At hat rice it is certainly worth finding out.

Incidentally, Peters had resale value but no one seemed terribly troubled by that.

Fully agree.

And Quagliarella is younger than when Martin Peters was when he joined us.[/quote]

Peters was a great player comfortable in English football. Quagliarella is a good player who might find it all a horrid culture shock.

Purple is correct - that is the main concern, not resale value.

We know he has skill and ability - the question is whether he will be able to transfer that into the Premier League or not (for whatever reason).

I would say that it is the same risk as RVW and Fer though to be honest. Although some might argue that the culture and football style in Italy is greater in difference to our own than say Holland''s.

I thought that I had covered that point in my post but let me repeat.

At £8m it is worth the risk to find out. The benefit if he comes good is so great that a bet at that price seems good value to me.

Yeah and look how well resigning Flecky turned out !

Truth is I just don''t fancy him, seems a lot of money for a player surplus to requirements at a serie A side.

Don''t think Italian footballers in general set the prem alight (Italian football is almost suicidal dull most of the time)

I have to admit to have only seen his goals on Youtube (once you''ve seen one overhead kick you''ve seen them all.)

I have no problem spending 6-8M on a player who is hungry to have a pop at the EPL without any resale value and could make our team tick for 2-3 seasons but as an attacking midfielder not another striker.

Loved every single signing this summer (not sure about Nash) but I would be more disappointed if we did sign Him than not. More of a QPR 2012 or West Ham kind of signing than NCFC.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I thought that I had covered that point in my post but let me repeat.

At £8m it is worth the risk to find out. The benefit if he comes good is so great that a bet at that price seems good value to me.[/quote]

If that really is the price, no it is not worth the risk to find out. All players are gambles to a greater or lesseer extent but to all but equal our record transfer fee on a player with such a serious question mark over him makes sense only in the way some of QPR''s recent signings made sense.

Thing is , all players are different - never mind once they reach 30!...and as others have said, culturally Italian footballers look after themselves, and are technically and tactically good. I think I''ve read that Quag is a hard worker, as well as being technically gifted.

The comparisons with the profligacy shown by other clubs is unwarranted. I think Houghton and McNally deserve our trust and respect in this. If they''ve shown as much due diligence as possible in scouting Quag and want him, then that''s good enough for me.

Quag is world class and worth "pushing the boat out for". He would truly be a quality and pretty amazing signing for us. How anybody can say I don''t want him here is bizarre! Think u should do some research on this player before u say that!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Quag is world class and worth "pushing the boat out for". He would truly be a quality and pretty amazing signing for us. How anybody can say I don''t want him here is bizarre! Think u should do some research on this player before u say that![/quote]

He is nowhere near world-class. He has been international class in the past but hasn''t played for Italy since 2010.

"After one failed offer of €6.5m for Quagliarella, Norwich looks set to soon put in a 2nd offer that comes closer to Juve''s €8m asking price"

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]"After one failed offer of €6.5m for Quagliarella, Norwich looks set to soon put in a 2nd offer that comes closer to Juve''s €8m asking price"[/quote]

Now I am getting confused. Back on Page 27 you - very authoritatively - told us this:We have offered an increased bid (higher than the 10 million euros we offered last time)

If you leave out the source people might think you''re #ITK;

"According to Tuttosport, Norwich City have offered 8 million euros to Juventus to obtain 30 year old forward Fabio Quagliarella."

Earlier reports had Juventus as valuing the player at 10 to 12 million euros. The question is will Juventus accept the alleged offer of 8 million euros (given that they clearly want to sell him and the list of buyers is dwindling) or will they hold out for a while longer?

Merely posting what I read from the Juventus fan page on Twitter.Although an apology about slating me for Hooper signing at the end of the week would be lovely GreyI''m waiting :D

You''ll be waiting a long time then. I''ll be impressed if one of your twitter rumours actually turns up a totally unexpected result.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="chicken"]Is it Wiz? That''s not quite £7million. For a player who has won titles. Sounds like good value to me, especially if it is not all up front.[/quote]

But is his heart in it now chicken, or is the last paycheck more important to him these days?

[/quote]Another example of Little Old Norwich bellendery. Yes, it''s a word."Oh, we''ve signed a player for lots of money, what if he''s only here for lots of money?"They''re all here for lots of money!  That''s what the Premier League is all about!OF course, if you can explain why Quagiarella is different to Fer, Van Wolfswinkel, Redmond, Olsson, Nash, and anyone else we''ve signed since being a Premier League side, then I might think again.  But my guess is you can''t.Hopefully, if we do sign him, he''ll turn out alright and won''t kiss the badge when he scores.

TURIN - It may be the week of Fabio Quagliarella to Norwich. The Juventus striker really like the club to Premier. It ''s already been delivered, by fax (as they do in these parts) an official request: 6,5 million bid. That in Corso Galileo Ferraris have not considered the height. And then it is likely that in the coming days I will come a new, higher, closer to eight, which give off a concrete negotiation. Emissaries of Norwich, however, have contacted the player by presenting ambitious plans of the club: anything can happen. At this time the urchin of Castellammare di Stabia is in America with his companions, but Marotta is still in Turin. Read the full article in today''s edition of Tuttosport

the urchin of Castellammare di Stabia. What am i reading.

basically, our "emissaries" expected to offer 8rod for him this week.

still looks bleak, to be honest, but as long as the saga keeps churning out articles that translate this hilariously then I''m happy.

Snoddy you''ll only be slated for wanting to be "ITK" for saying this by the "forum elite"But for what it''s worth the guys I follow on Twitter and on Juventus forums are making the same noises.It

seems to me that Quag has realized he simply won''t play any games at

Juventus and that a move to the EPL could be an exciting prospect.

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]the urchin of Castellammare di Stabia. What am i reading.[/quote]At least it''s not the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

I''m with you Snoddy, loving the language of these translations, where else do you see the word ''urchin''?! I actually think it looks reasonably promising, I guess time will tell. Sometimes you need to do groundwork and tempt them in, which our ''emissaries'' have been/will be doing over the next days; it may well not come off but you never know if you don''t try.

To go From Holt Morison Wilbraham and JacksontoHooper, Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Quagliarella and Becchioin under 2 years.....Now i''m not slating our strike force of 2012, they did us proud, but the quality difference really is quite something.

Reading-ITK-Canary wrote - "But for what it''s worth the guys I follow on Twitter and on Juventus forums are making the same noises."

Hardly surprising as they are all basically retweeting/quoting the same source.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Reading-ITK-Canary wrote - "But for what it''s worth the guys I follow on Twitter and on Juventus forums are making the same noises."

Hardly surprising as they are all basically retweeting/quoting the same source.[/quote]Believe that''s generally how every single news story ever in existence has ever been reported.You have the event.... which is then witnessed by the viewer.... which is then translated to the news.... which is then spread to other news outlets.While all the time individual contributors / companies add their own knowledge / debate to the situation.You do seem to have a fascination with hunting down my posts and commenting on them thoughBizarre, but I shall assume it''s all done in admiration.

Can''t remember seeing this but it looks like West Ham are out of the running for him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2379553/West-Ham-lose-Juventus-striker-Fabio-Quagliarella.html

It says that they wouldn''t match a fee of £9million and his wage demands. I would imagine though that that is a lot of speculation.

I am starting to get the impression that West Ham are struggling with working within their means.

Carroll may well be worth the fee but £100k pw? Looks like it has taken a sizeable chunk out of their wage budget.

Chicken did you actually just say Carroll is worth £15mill? Whatever you''re smoking is clearly hallucinogenic. He''s worth maybe 8mill at the most (although I wouldn''t even pay that for him)

West Ham seem to be unable to afford anyone at the moment, hence them going in for Solomon Kalou for like £3mil. Would surprise me if they lumped £9rod on Quago. Could be wrong obviously.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I thought that I had covered that point in my post but let me repeat.

At £8m it is worth the risk to find out. The benefit if he comes good is so great that a bet at that price seems good value to me.[/quote]

You could always dip into your pocket for 8million if its such great a value, what have you got to lose "its worth the risk" "its good value" come on C.C hand it over

I''ve said it before and I will say it again, Don''t want him !

The Difference between him and all the other players you mention is that they are on the way up and have something to prove and potentially another move to play for.

He may give 100% in Serie A terms but not sure what the exchange rate is to EPL but the two leagues couldn''t be further apart in style.

He has made no noises of having any interest in us and if we did sign him I would think it would only be because no other team would come up with the cash, at least someone like Toivonen might think he is too good for us and try and prove it for a season to get another move.

Keep the money and buy a quality Attacking midfielder.

Never sign a player that thinks he is doing you a favour.