McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Can''t really compare Quag to Vydra - two completely different types of player.[/quote]

While they are different, they would operate best next to the same type of strikers. Either would give us the dynamsism we need in attack, Quag with his tekkers mainly and Vydra with his pace mainly. Both would be lined up to play off the main man.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Can''t really compare Quag to Vydra - two completely different types of player.[/quote] While they are different, they would operate best next to the same type of strikers. Either would give us the dynamsism we need in attack, Quag with his tekkers mainly and Vydra with his pace mainly. Both would be lined up to play off the main man.[/quote]

I would say that due to the fact they have completely different skills set means they would play in entirely different positions. Quag is a striker who likes to drop deep and will roam around looking for space and the ball - Vydra is a player who will operate mainly on the last defender''s shoulder and will spend most of the game waiting for the ball to come to him.

Vyrda, Hooper, RvW and Becchio are all strikers who like to stay in or around the box, waiting for the service to come to them. Quagliarella will come to the ball and attempt to pull defenders around and doesn''t keep to position, part of the reason why Conte isn''t so keen on him at Juve.

Best news this morning for those who want him is the apparent agreement between Arsenal and Roma over the Gervinho deal. As they were after FQ if that deal failed apparently

As reported by "Sport Mediaset" during the edition of 13:00, Quagliarella would be rejecting the bids received from Norwich, England team willing to invest in sull''attaccante of Castellammare di Stabia. 27 The number of Juve would like to play for a team that soldiers in European competition. Check so the idea Tottenham, the London club, in fact, given the complications of the deal to acquire Soldado, could tack on Fabio Quagliarella player highly esteemed by the technician Villas Boas.

Not sure if the WHU interest in Quagliarella is genuine but Allardyce has been on SSN saying that they have enough budget for just one more player. Their priority target appears to be Salomon Kalou.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Can''t really compare Quag to Vydra - two completely different types of player.[/quote] While they are different, they would operate best next to the same type of strikers. Either would give us the dynamsism we need in attack, Quag with his tekkers mainly and Vydra with his pace mainly. Both would be lined up to play off the main man.[/quote]

I would say that due to the fact they have completely different skills set means they would play in entirely different positions. Quag is a striker who likes to drop deep and will roam around looking for space and the ball - Vydra is a player who will operate mainly on the last defender''s shoulder and will spend most of the game waiting for the ball to come to him.

Vyrda, Hooper, RvW and Becchio are all strikers who like to stay in or around the box, waiting for the service to come to them. Quagliarella will come to the ball and attempt to pull defenders around and doesn''t keep to position, part of the reason why Conte isn''t so keen on him at Juve.

[/quote]I disagree - although usually I would bow to your superior knowledge of players - I was really impressed when I''ve seen Vydra because I assumed from just seeing goals he''s scored that he was an off-the-shoulder type player, but he dropped back off Deeney a huge amound, collecting the ball from midfield and linking up play. In fact, even a lot of his runs through don''t come off the last shoulder, he runs from deep positons quite a bit

I imagine things will become a lot clearer with the story over the next few days, Norwich are back in town and will push this deal through to its conclusion either way. I''m sure Norwich want to get the last piece in the jigsaw sorted as soon as possible and will have a pretty good idea on whether Quagliarella is at all possible or not.

As mentioned the Italian media are fantastic at making stuff up, and the constant ''developments'' of the story are a clear indication a lot of fabrication is going on in the background. Quagliarella is in the US at the moment with Juve, so if he is moving to any club it will be pretty obvious.

http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomercato/quagliarella-no-al-norwich-vuole-giocare-le-competizioni-europee-149658

This article says he wants european football.

That''d be the end of it if true :-(

Talking of ''making stuff up'', one rumour I read is that whether he is sold, and if so at what price, is not up to the Manager but the CEO of Sporting Business.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]WHU, apparently, are no longer interested - fee and wages too much for a 30 year old.[/quote]Kind of agree with them [:|]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]WHU, apparently, are no longer interested - fee and wages too much for a 30 year old.[/quote]
Or maybe too much for WHU.
Allardyce now saying they only have budget for one more transfer, so that may not stretch to FQ.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]WHU, apparently, are no longer interested - fee and wages too much for a 30 year old.[/quote]
Or maybe too much for WHU.
Allardyce now saying they only have budget for one more transfer, so that may not stretch to FQ.

[/quote]

So far, apart from Carroll, they have picked up two frees and a player from Stockport County. Possibly Allardyce is talking more about the wages budget than the transfer fee budget. Or possibly...

Reports in Italy that Norwich are about to submit their increased bid, (from 6.5m euros to 8m euros, which sounds far more realistic)

[quote user="judderman"]Reports in Italy that Norwich are about to submit their increased bid, (from 6.5m euros to 8m euros, which sounds far more realistic)
[/quote]

Money down the drain if true but it sounds like a load of old squit to me.

Is it Wiz?

That''s not quite £7million. For a player who has won titles.

Sounds like good value to me, especially if it is not all up front.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="judderman"]Reports in Italy that Norwich are about to submit their increased bid, (from 6.5m euros to 8m euros, which sounds far more realistic)[/quote]

Money down the drain if true but it sounds like a load of old squit to me.

[/quote]Yeah, just think how many Clive Platts we could sign for that much money!

[quote user="chicken"]Is it Wiz? That''s not quite £7million. For a player who has won titles. Sounds like good value to me, especially if it is not all up front.[/quote]

But is his heart in it now chicken, or is the last paycheck more important to him these days?

Just been scouting Quag on YouTube likes an overhead kick but I don''t think he is the kind of player we want.

I liked the idea of Toivonen regardless of his feather ruffling (we need someone to take over this from Holty)

Just think we shouldn''t waste this kind of money on a player who even if we could convince him to come would consider he

Was doing us a favour. Only way is down with no resale value. Not one for us I hope.

It''s funny that with not one direct quote from him that people know exactly what he is thinking. Never knew we had so many mind-readers amongst our fans.

Why does every signing have to have a resale value?

If a player contributes significantly to not only to Premiership survival but finishing high up the league or a good cup run, then they have shown their worth!

I for one think this would take us up a level!

Snake

Football clubs would be INSANELY STUPID to buy players for fees they can only justify IF they were to sell that player for more than they originally paid.

Even players whose nominal value increases during their time at a club can leave on a free if they ultimately want to.

Injuries can ruin the sell-on value of any player.

Great players can lose form for many reasons, sometimes personal, again destroying their value.

STOP harping on about sell-on value because it is incredibly incredibly retarded!

This keeps going round in circles with the same culprits repeating what they said before based on nothing.

The resale argument is rather defunct, it suggests that we would be buying players only to sell them on at a later date, that kind of attitude is defeatist and actually doesn''t have sustainability.

Any team needs to be a mixture of players that are likely to remain and players that are using us as a stepping stone.

Players like Quag represent something else. If he was 24 he would likely be valued at £10million plus - we probably couldn''t afford that or a player of that calibre or better with that amount of experience.

As a club scouting targets sometimes there has to be a compromise - in this case it is his age. But the reality is that Italian football is not all based upon pace as such. Del Piero was quick once but his ability was greater than pace.

Quag would be one we signed simply to push us up a level, to give us that bit of quality that would make us stand out a bit more from the rest.

That''s not to say some of the other players we have signed won''t do that too but RVW and Fer are very young, a couple of seasons of success with them and they may well be looking for moves to Champions League teams both here and abroad.

Resale value is for car salesmen, estate agents and other commodities. In this case the product is actually the team, not the individuals. And right now we are trying to buy more goals - and in football, that is what costs money.

I don''t know how Quagmire would turn out and clearly he might not settle but.........

Whether or not you agree with me that Martin Peters was the greatest player to wear a Norwich shirt, it is surely beyond dispute that he guided and inspired Norwich to become an established top division team. He used his experience and extraordinary ability to help other players move up a level or two and once we started winning we were able to attract better players. He rose to the new challenge from the doldrums at Spurs and played a very important part in setting up the club for all that followed eg Munich.

I think that a Quagmire who wants to be the centre of the team and who has the ability and experience to bring the best out of others would be with much more than £8m. At hat rice it is certainly worth finding out.

Incidentally, Peters had resale value but no one seemed terribly troubled by that.

CambridgeCanary wrote the following post at 28/07/2013 12:05 PM:

I don''t know how Quagmire would turn out and clearly he might not settle but.........

Whether or not you agree with me that Martin Peters was the greatest player to wear a Norwich shirt, it is surely beyond dispute that he guided and inspired Norwich to become an established top division team. He used his experience and extraordinary ability to help other players move up a level or two and once we started winning we were able to attract better players. He rose to the new challenge from the doldrums at Spurs and played a very important part in setting up the club for all that followed eg Munich.

I think that a Quagmire who wants to be the centre of the team and who has the ability and experience to bring the best out of others would be with much more than £8m. At hat rice it is certainly worth finding out.

Incidentally, Peters had resale value but no one seemed terribly troubled by that.

Fully agree.

And Quagliarella is younger than when Martin Peters was when he joined us.

It''s been the same with a few more of our more recent favourites as well.

Iwan Roberts was 29 when we signed him.

Fleck was 30 when we re-signed him.

Sometimes when you sign players you sign them for their experience, not because they have plenty of experience yet to gain.