McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

IMO he is worth whatever we are willing to pay - if that is €10m or £10m then so be it.....though I clearly hope/expect the former! As we have seen, agreeing the fee might be the easier bit, though CH has done the groundwork so it might come off.

I can''t believe we''d be back in for him if at the talks last week it was not apparent that he would seriously consider coming. Because of that I have a feeling this one might happen. We just would not be bothering if he was not up for the move. He may also be up for other moves as well though!

Why does anyone give a damn what we pay? It''s not your money, you don''t know how much we have, and you can''t do anything about it. The track record of the current administration goes against any apocalyptic scenario that we might turn into a club who pays big money for over the hill "stars", so chill out and enjoy it.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]You don''t make sense Jim. We obviously think there is a good chance of him coming if we have reopened negotiations.[/quote]

That''s what I said isn''t it? We would not be bothering if we did not think he would come.

There has been no interest in Quag from other Italian clubsHe is interested with a move to the PremWe have offered an increased bid (higher than the 10 million euros we offered last time)Negotiations are continuing and look promising

Jim Smith wrote - "That''s what I said isn''t it? We would not be bothering if we did not think he would come. "

But then you slid this in;

"Because of that I have a feeling this one might happen. "

????????

....Michael Bailey (I know, on twitter, but he is a journo) was saying there might be an offer from Roma or a potential swap deal with Lazio on the cards - but you would imagine we''d not be keeping this one live if we didn''t think it might be a goer.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]There has been no interest in Quag from other Italian clubsHe is interested with a move to the PremWe have offered an increased bid (higher than the 10 million euros we offered last time)Negotiations are continuing and look promising[/quote]

I don''t believe (based on the way our club operates, how much we have to spend, and the player concerned) that we  had already offered €10m, unless it was something like €6m or €7m or so as a basic fee and the rest tied to appearances. And it follows that I don''t believe we have now offered more than €10m. We are not going to pay more for a talented 30-year-old who had never played outside his native country than we have for a talented 24-year-old who has shown he can settle abroad.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Jim Smith wrote - "That''s what I said isn''t it? We would not be bothering if we did not think he would come. "

But then you slid this in;

"Because of that I have a feeling this one might happen. "

????????[/quote]

Jim Smith wrote: "I can''t believe we''d be back in for him if at the talks last week it was not apparent that he would seriously consider coming".

i.e. it was apparent that he might be interested, hence it makes sense that we have gone back.

I read it a couple of times but, to be fair, it does make sense.

[quote user="judderman"]Charlie Wyett (who with this same tweet sneakily broke the Hooper news at 2.46am before most news had even got hold of Harry Rednapp''s comments) reckons we have a "decent chance" of signing Quagliarella - follow the thread down.

https://twitter.com/CharlieWyett/status/360335315182956544
[/quote]

Although it says 2:46am he made that tweet about an hour ago - the times on Twitter always seem a bit messed up for some reason. Or he is somewhere that is 9 hours behind the UK

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Seeing as Italian journalists are saying we made an improved bid (over 10m euros) the other day

I very much think this deal is still on.
[/quote]

I would take what Italian journo says with a massive pinch of salt - the Italian press is worse that the UK press for making up transfer stories and over inflating prices.

There is no way Norwich have bid over 10m euros for a player who clearly isn''t wanted at Juve and cost 10m euros a couple of years ago. Like Italian television someone is trying to ''sex up'' the bid.

It has been made clear to Quagliarella that he is now fifth choice and should leave. Juve are relatively ruthless like this and it is a well trodden path understood by all parties. The manager Conte has confirmed it to Quagliarella. This makes a difference. Norwich''s new offer coincides with this development (unlikely to be accidental, tip off probable, Norwich "in the game" with Juve Directors - good sign) and Quagliarella is now personally warmer to the idea of Norwich (idol ststus feels better than rejection). The money is good, his agent is happy and no other major italian clubs will pay what Norwich are offering. Please bear in mind that he must leave Juve who are highly prestigious and win trophies. To those concerned with fee, We must use what we have, money, persuasion, idol status, guaranteed starting place (whatever is said in public) and we need to "buy out" the competition to compensate for any lack of perceived status.

Quagliarella is traveling with Juventus to USA on their Pre Season thingy Dunno what that means.Can''t see Deal being done any time soon though.

Think this is the player that we need to really set us alight, rvw is to be that star striker, fer midfield dynamo and fabio can be that link.

we need players in our team that teams will highlight as fearful players rvw is, no other striker is yet, wingers need to step up throughout the season. Fabio can lift us to have another player of very high quality... Again I worry about rvw becoming injured, because we struggled so much last year... We need other star players who can share the load, make each other better and the lesser players better.

West Ham and us are both keen on Vydra too... Can we do a deal where we toss a coin and they get one and we get the other? Seems fair to me and both sides would be happy.

They have Carroll and Maiga, I''d have thought like us, they''re looking to get either or. Problem is that WBA also are thinking about Vydra

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Can''t really compare Quag to Vydra - two completely different types of player.[/quote]I''m not.

Does the club want to spend 8million quid on a players or get another on loan and just pay the wages. Can see Udinese just wanting to get him in the shop window.