McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

We should be running away by a country mile from this fella, he''s after a last paycheck.

Private saxonair flight has just arrived at Norwich from Turin, quickly check Norwich airports website before it goes of there. Looks like he has come lol

[quote user="Jh1990"]Private saxonair flight has just arrived at Norwich from Turin, quickly check Norwich airports website before it goes of there. Looks like he has come lol[/quote]Good detective work. Would they really waste money on a private flight though? I would have thought Ryanair would suffice.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Good money down the pan. With RVW there is a high probability we will safeguard or even increase our investment. With this guy in 2 years time he will be worth next to nothing[/quote]

Why is it "down the pan"? We don''t make our money back on every player we buy, if that were the case then we''re buy 25 of them! Sometimes you do actually have to spend money to get something in return, that being, a player''s services.

I''d take any reported figures with a huge dose of salt , but if the manager wants him and we''re willing to pay, why not? It''s hardly £15 million or whatever it was for Jordan Henderson, or even £12 million for Chistopher blooming Samba!

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="Jh1990"]Private saxonair flight has just arrived at Norwich from Turin, quickly check Norwich airports website before it goes of there. Looks like he has come lol[/quote]Good detective work. Would they really waste money on a private flight though? I would have thought Ryanair would suffice.[/quote]

Haha I agree but Norwich city do love bringing there players in on a private flight, saves any pics going up on twitter lol ;)

[quote user="Wiz"]We should be running away by a country mile from this fella, he''s after a last paycheck.[/quote]

He already has a last paycheck, he''s under contract at Juve for another 2 years. He''s not a 36 year old looking to join on a free, which would be a greater indicator of mercenary behaviour, and even then all I can say is "Dion Dublin".

Not all players are out to screw you over....

[quote user="Jh1990"][quote user="Kangaroo Court"][quote user="Jh1990"]Private saxonair flight has just arrived at Norwich from Turin, quickly check Norwich airports website before it goes of there. Looks like he has come lol[/quote]Good detective work. Would they really waste money on a private flight though? I would have thought Ryanair would suffice.[/quote]

Haha I agree but Norwich city do love bringing there players in on a private flight, saves any pics going up on twitter lol ;)[/quote]

Tomorrow: Picture of Quagliarella looking thoughtful on a tour of Dragon Hall.

Clearly quality with a depth of experience, our squad like all prem league squads needs a mix of ages and experiences....plus we all know quality strikers dont come cheap. 

Just in case he does come here.... this article might be of interest.

http://italy.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/quagliarella-the-once-and-present-great-scorer-of-goals.html

[quote user="SYG"]How true is this private jet story?[/quote]

It was on the arrivals board. 18.00hrsIt''s genuine.

There is no doubt that a Saxonair flight was scheduled to land at NIA at 18:00 from Turin. There were stories about CH and other Club reps flying out to talk to Quagliarella today so that all fits nicely.

Whether he was suitably impressed to catch the flight back with our guys to look around Colney would be another matter entirely.

Well, this saga has got a bit more interesting.

Having said that, it doesn''t mean it was the Quag

Here is link by someone else who also upload a pic of arrivals board pic.twitter.com/UgZFv9bA1r

Lets get this right then.....

32 year old Holt is plenty good enough, yet this 30 year old player is past it?

Crazy fools!!

If he scores some winning goals and we end in the top half at the end of the season then he would have almost paid for himself IMO. Also I Italians seem to keep fit and play on longer into their carers. Got to be worth a punt also long as we don''t go really silly money, plus he is quality.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Good money down the pan. With RVW there is a high probability we will safeguard or even increase our investment. With this guy in 2 years time he will be worth next to nothing[/quote]

Yorkshire, you''re a good poster who''s opinion I respect but on this occasion you are so wrong. Where does it say we have to have resale outside FM13? Resale is nice but we are not a selling club. We need to stay up next season and if he gives us the necessary goals and wins then job done. We got nothing for Chrissy Martin but he was worth every penny he cost us over the years just for that one header against Leeds which gave us promotion and put us on this path.

We have the long term covered in players like Wolfie and Redmond and Fer. It is important to sort today as well.

What has become increasingly obvious is that this message-board needs a Transfer-Window International Airports Correspondent, able at short notice from mid-May to the end of August and throughout January to fly to hubs anywhere around the world to check arrivals and departures.Failing any other qualified candidates I am willing to put myself forward, subject to agreement on my remuneration. Since there seems to be a consensus that we should no longer raise money for the club''s academy the obvious solution is for my salary and rather considerable expenses to be paid out of the winnings from the PUPs bet.

If so then it must be that David McNally went to Turin to photograph the Shroud, and our 3rd kit will be emblazoned with the blurry face of the Jesus.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Juve (and Quagliarella) are in France apparently.[/quote]

Juve have a friendly at there ground tomorrow so could have travel back to Italy today, might not have done but you never know

Have I missed something here?

Why are we surprised that Quagliarella (and/or his representatives) have flown to Norwich?

I thought that we were putting our offer on the table and negotiating but so were Southampton, West Ham and Sunderland?

On a side issue ... any one who doesn''t want this player here is totally bonkers!!! Have you seen anything of Juventus recently? He would be one of the biggest signings of our history and is truly a class act. I don''t care that he is out of his twenties he has at least 4 years of supreme quality left to offer.

Sadly, I think he will get better offers elsewhere.