McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

perhaps hooper thinks he will play regularly at qpr while he will have to sit on the bench behind rvw?

"He would have cost at least £13m then. Last season he scored 9 and made 4 assists in the equivalent of 13 games playing in Serie A. Hardly the performance of a "has been".

What even are equivalent games?

Also @che Pirlo is a deep lying playmaker so can last longer also Milan got rid as he didn''t really fit Allegri''s team or style rather than his age

It doesn''t mean he is extremely effective though. You have to look at the context of it. He doesn''t fit the club as a signing it is very QPR. Norwich can''t justify signing someone with no sell on value for £8mill with large wages. It makes no sense. He doesn''t fit last seasons system also.

Like this, found via the BBC/Fer link about the myth of the 20 goal striker. We just need a trio who can step in/out per week to keep our tally up. Holt 1st Premiership season was great, 2nd not so and in his interviews he just about admits he''s done what he can there.

The Quag can step in nicely and for that fee, it''s worth it.

http://hitrowz.com/2013/07/14/the-myth-of-the-20-goal-a-season-forward/

Lot''s of tweets this morning suggesting both us and Southampton are battling for his signature for 12mill€...

Would love to see him here, no offence to Hooper but FQ''s my preferred choice

I''d want both. Hooper is an out and out striker to compete/ work with RVW and FQ is a second striker to compete with Wes

The Italian report I''ve seen this morning, which may or may not be unfounded rubbish, says that we and Southampton are willing to pay "una cifra vicina ai 12 milioni di euro" (close to 12 million euros).

The report also says the big cheese at Juve (Signor Marotta) is set to meet the bosses of Norwich & Southampton by Thursday.

If the 12m euros is performance related and includes bonuses for cup wins and European qualification etc then i''d love us to go for him. It''d really make people sit up and take notice and I believe he''s a top 4 striker. 1 in 3 rate doesn''t take into account he''s the second striker and he''s also come off the bench a lot to get them goals.

He absolutely tore Chelsea a new one in the CL. The mere fact we are even linked with him is astounding! I''d be gutted seeing him strutting his stuff for Southampton next season.

Whilst I don''t particularly like paying large sums of money for 30yr olds, now and again exceptions can/should be made.

Quagliarella appears to be a player that could last for 5 years + considering his intelligence and ability is based on technique rather than physical attributes.

Biggest concern would be the Italian league, it has a prolonged list of failures to the premiership.

However, I have complete faith in Hughton''s opinion that Quagliarella can be one of the exceptions to the rule.

I think the main problem with players from Italy has been strikers.

Again there is reason for that and exceptions to it.

Thierry Henry and Vierra came from Italy. As did Crespo. Not to mention Zola, Vialli, Ravanelli and Mutu.

Shevchenko was, for me, much like Trezeguet. Some players are just suited to one league - some have a style that is easily transferable.

Defenders tend to struggle a little less in terms of transition as their job tends to be the same.

I think the biggest question is whether they settle, if our culture suits them and if they can pick up the language quickly enough to feel at ease.

Massimo Taibi was an example of that as his lack of being able to communicate well led to mistakes and goals.

Again, I think you''d find as many issues with players coming from all other parts of the world in terms of success to failure records. Although some regions are deemed to have a more similar style of football.

I totally understand fellow posters concerns regarding his age, but do think the game has changed now and you''ll see more and more players nowadays lasting well into their 30''s due to a better understanding of diet, fitness, sports science etc, and the Italians have always been good when it comes to looking after themselves. Even if we got 3 good seasons out of him, 6-8.5mill really wouldn''t be that much should he help us move up the table, possibly win a cup or 2. We could argue every signing''s a gamble, but if we could sign this bloke then I''d be over the moon and would surely make us a more attractive proposition to other great players (alongside the signings of RvW, Fer etc). I''m sure there''d also be a chance for a bit of promotion with our Italian kit manufacturers too. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

We were short on quality in the final third last season. Quagliarella could certainly bring that. Would be a massive signing

"Tight end for the foreseeable future ex-striker Fabio Quagliarella grenade: after three years of militancy among the ranks of Juventus, the 30 year old stabiese seems destined to wear the shirt of one of Norwich City and Southampton, ambitious Premier League club, both Bidders 12 million euro for the card of the player, a figure that would satisfy the will of the vertices humpbacks ."

Damn Southampton. I just hope that we are better at satisfying the will of the vertices humpbacks.

Various fans on Twitter and Facebook saying he has been spotted in Chapelfield today.Could be nothing... but then again if there hadn''t been a picture of Fer and Olsson from norwich fans on Twitter we wouldn''t have believed them

Hmmm interesting, especially with the Southampton interest think there''s a strong chance he will be leaving Italy and honesty I think he would be a cracking addition, though hopefully one of 2 new strikers.

Is it likely that he''s being brought in to play the Hoolihan role behind RVW?

I don''t know much about him- can he play there? Everyone seems to think he''s good technically and is obviously a much bigger goal threat than Hooli.

The below is my post regarding Quagliarella that I wrote in a different thread, so for the benefit of this thread and those that didn''t see it or don''t know much about him, here it is. Apologies for the length of it . . .

I really don''t get the negativity from some surrounding Quagliarella.

He''s an outstanding player and a huge upgrade on Hoolahan if that is the role that he''s being earmarked for. Yes he''s 30, but still has at least another three years minimum of playing at the top level. His game isn''t based on pace otherwise I''d tend to agree that this probably wouldn''t be the smartest move for the long term.

Me being Italian I''ve seen a hell of a lot of Italian football in my time and know quite a lot about him. He was brought to Juve as a kind of replacement to Del Piero, to kind of take over the role during the latter''s decline. Granted he''s not in the same league as Del Piero, but his playing style is very similar. Unfortunately for him, Conte had other ideas and brought in Pirlo the following summer to become the main creative force of the team. Joined by the likes of Marchisio and Vidal in midfield, that calssic number 10 role has pretty much become redundant at Juve.

Anyone that''s watched Quagliarella play in more than a couple of games can see just what a talented player he is. He''s got fantastic technique, has a great strike rate for a classic number 10 (just look at the great Del Piero''s strike rate and compare them) and most importantly, he''s always been a grafter and works hard for the team. He''s not a big time charlie. During the 2010 World Cup, Italy was crying out for Quagliarella to be started because the team lacked imagination, creativity and any kind of spark. When he was introduced, the impact was clear for everyone to see and he also scored arguably the goal of the tournament against Slovakia.

Unfortunately for him, Juve have splashed the cash over the past two summers and no longer need him as he doesn''t fit in with their new direction, hence why he was consigned to more of an impact ''supersub'' role and has now become available. I think even at the rumoured 6/7 mill he''d be well worth the risk purely for the experience and creativity he''d bring to the team. He''d fit in to the work ethic and certainly doesn''t command big wages unlike many other players of his ilk. The only problem I could envisage is that he may not necessarily adapt to the English game, having spent his career playing in Italy. But then we could say that about any of our other foreign imports. If Hughton wants to continue with the 1 up top policy, then Quagliarella would be ideal to play in behind RVW.

Again, sorry to digress, but just thought I''d but my two pennies-worth in. I know some won''t agree, but that''s just my opinion on the matter.

Thanks, Francesco, that was a very interesting read (and confirmed my suspicions)

It is quite simple, if he were to sign he would become potentially the best footballer in my lifetime to grace a Norwich shirt to date(23yrs old). Playing for one of the top ten clubs in the world and still having a cracking record despite being used as a bit part player competing with world class strikers, representing the Italian national side who have recently shown their talent once again and could be a force in the next world cup and he has better technique than any one player at our club by quite a considerable mile. In fact he would become the most gifted player of my lifetime technique wise I would think. Who else would come close?