McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Branston Pickle wrote - "...he certainly doesn''t appear to ''do'' too many tap-ins, does he?! "

At least 5% of his goals have been tap-ins. #ITK

I just caught the end of a line on TalkSPORT saying ''Italian striker linked with Norwich''. Possbily Quagliarella?

Maybe there is some legs in this. Did anyone else hear it?

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I just caught the end of a line on TalkSPORT saying ''Italian striker linked with Norwich''. Possbily Quagliarella? Maybe there is some legs in this. Did anyone else hear it?[/quote]

The largest media company in Italy has run Quagliarella to Norwich as the top story on their website - but there aren''t legs in it until TalkSPORT mention it?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I just caught the end of a line on TalkSPORT saying ''Italian striker linked with Norwich''. Possbily Quagliarella? Maybe there is some legs in this. Did anyone else hear it?[/quote]

The largest media company in Italy has run Quagliarella to Norwich as the top story on their website - but there aren''t legs in it until TalkSPORT mention it?

[/quote]Lol.

Does anyone know if he is an out and out striker or could Hughton be planning on bringing him in to play behind RVW? Unless there is a change in formation (2 up top), I can''t see one or the other being happy to be on the bench.

''The largest media company in Italy has run Quagliarella to Norwich as the top story on their website - but there aren''t legs in it until TalkSPORT mention it?''

Ha. I didn''t read about that. I just saw Wiz saying the original post smelled like BS.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Does anyone know if he is an out and out striker or could Hughton be planning on bringing him in to play behind RVW? Unless there is a change in formation (2 up top), I can''t see one or the other being happy to be on the bench.[/quote]

He plays deeper than a striker, in the Hoolahan role. Him and RvW could play together very easily.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]''The largest media company in Italy has run Quagliarella to Norwich as the top story on their website - but there aren''t legs in it until TalkSPORT mention it?'' Ha. I didn''t read about that. I just saw Wiz saying the original post smelled like BS.[/quote]

That will teach you for paying an attention to what Wiz has to say. [;)]

and the biggest independent media company in the UK, and producers of this very message board, have nothing on the front page...must be a busy day on the sports desk.... all this news taking prior place....

Until Nicko reports it from his ITK twittering feeds, there''s no legs in it - I''m kiddin'' Nicko  [:P]

Seriously, why is 30yo an issue for people for a decent quality striker for that sort of money mentioned? If it keeps us a comfortable distance from the relegation fodder, then it''s worth the money

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Does anyone know if he is an out and out striker or could Hughton be planning on bringing him in to play behind RVW? Unless there is a change in formation (2 up top), I can''t see one or the other being happy to be on the bench.[/quote]

He plays deeper than a striker, in the Hoolahan role. Him and RvW could play together very easily.

[/quote]

Agreed.

The boy can shoot no question of it. I suspect that as has happened before we are being used as bait - link us heavily to him and a club more of his stature might panic and put in a bid themselves.

As has been said, have to wonder why a player of his calibre would look at Norwich.

Younger players like RVW might be happy to come as a foothold in the division to earn a move to a bigger club down the line, the way Tevez and Mascherano came to West Ham then soon after ended up at Man U and Liverpool. But someone of Quagliarella''s age cant waste two seasons to do this, so this cant be the motivation.

Seen a few posters getting quite sore about Toivonen, Fer and Alderweld being lukewarm over a transfer to Norwich, but think it has to be understood that probably few players outside of the UK know much about the club. Dont think we should get too upset that they arent desperate to sign up. Doesnt mean that if they eventually come they wont grow to love the club. We offer the Premiership at face value and not much else beyond that, but we have to pray they are persuaded and that hopefully they''ll love their time at the club.

Gone are the days when we can look at the calibre of player who feels lucky to play for Norwich, we''re now looking at players who consider us lucky to have them. But if Swansea can attract a Bony, then who knows? Regular Premiership football must be a huge pull - hope you are reading Mr Ruddy :)

Hoolahan is an Attacking Mid-fielder as evidenced by his tracking back and harrying of the opposition''s defence. Quagliarella is a Secondary Striker, his job is primarily to score goals or assist in them. There''s a fine line between the two roles defined usually by the player themselves. Quagliarella would probably make a fine partnership with RVW but for this to happen we would need the right supply lines in place.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Hoolahan is an Attacking Mid-fielder as evidenced by his tracking back and harrying of the opposition''s defence. Quagliarella is a Secondary Striker, his job is primarily to score goals or assist in them. There''s a fine line between the two roles defined usually by the player themselves. Quagliarella would probably make a fine partnership with RVW but for this to happen we would need the right supply lines in place.[/quote]

With all the striker turfing out going on, Im worried that Hughton is planning on playing the loan striker system, with both RVW and Hooper used to playing that role. Not a problem in itself, but as you''ve said, the support needs to be there, which it wasnt last season. Poor old GH cut a lonely isolated figure with everyone else focussed so much on defence. Playing a loan striker means the supporting midfielder needs to be a goal threat. As much as I love Hoolahan for his creative genius (and that we''re idea-less without him) he has never looked a direct threat on goal sice League One. If we''re not going to play 2 strikers, the system requires someone to support from deep. With Toivonen looked at and Quagliarella a deep striker, it would seem Hughton does intend on playing with a single striker, but has identified the need to have that link up man being a direct threat as well.

I remember it being said of MacNamee that he was a luxury player the team couldnt afford to carry. Supporting Norwich over the last 5 years has always involved ''The Hoolahan Conundrum'' - drop him and rob the team of creativity, or desperately find a way to accommodate him by taking from the team in different areas.

With a player like Quagliarella, the conundrum would be a thing of the past. Encouraging that this type of player seems to be being coveted

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Hoolahan is an Attacking Mid-fielder as evidenced by his tracking back and harrying of the opposition''s defence. Quagliarella is a Secondary Striker, his job is primarily to score goals or assist in them. There''s a fine line between the two roles defined usually by the player themselves. Quagliarella would probably make a fine partnership with RVW but for this to happen we would need the right supply lines in place.[/quote]

With all the striker turfing out going on, Im worried that Hughton is planning on playing the loan striker system, with both RVW and Hooper used to playing that role. Not a problem in itself, but as you''ve said, the support needs to be there, which it wasnt last season. Poor old GH cut a lonely isolated figure with everyone else focussed so much on defence. Playing a loan striker means the supporting midfielder needs to be a goal threat. As much as I love Hoolahan for his creative genius (and that we''re idea-less without him) he has never looked a direct threat on goal sice League One. If we''re not going to play 2 strikers, the system requires someone to support from deep. With Toivonen looked at and Quagliarella a deep striker, it would seem Hughton does intend on playing with a single striker, but has identified the need to have that link up man being a direct threat as well.

I remember it being said of MacNamee that he was a luxury player the team couldnt afford to carry. Supporting Norwich over the last 5 years has always involved ''The Hoolahan Conundrum'' - drop him and rob the team of creativity, or desperately find a way to accommodate him by taking from the team in different areas.

With a player like Quagliarella, the conundrum would be a thing of the past. Encouraging that this type of player seems to be being coveted[/quote]

That of course should be lone striker, before the SPAG police arrest me,,,

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m sorry, but that spelling mistake ruined the whole thing. [;)][/quote]It confused the hell out of me! We''re loaning Hooper?

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]SPAG?[/quote]

Spelling Punctuation And Grammar :)[/quote]Ahh, that makes more sense. My cunning ruse failed.I presumed it was just SPelling And Grammar, so was going to contest the use of the ''P''. Touché![URL=http://s589.photobucket.com/user/dmacca666/media/3ozhve.jpg.html][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/3ozhve.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"]SPAG?[/quote]

Spelling Punctuation And Grammar :)[/quote]Ahh, that makes more sense. My cunning ruse failed.I presumed it was just SPelling And Grammar, so was going to contest the use of the ''P''. Touché![URL=http://s589.photobucket.com/user/dmacca666/media/3ozhve.jpg.html][IMG]http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss331/dmacca666/3ozhve.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Made me chuckle :)

Leadbetter''s Jockstrap wrote - "can everyone just stop pretending and remember who were are. "

I know who we are, what about you?