McLovin

Fabio Quagliarella

Maybe i''m being oversensitive, but in what world is 30 ''old''? Grant Holt scored 15 PL goals at 31. Look at Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes to name a few. If you have the class then age isn''t a factor. This fella certainly has class!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Don''t even looks good in a Youtube video. No from me![/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9CFqgLUS0

yeah, looks bloody awful!...

What a fantastic signing this would be if we managed to pull it off. With Grant Holt gone we need a individual who our players can look up to and this man has done it all! This is player who has scored world class goals at the highest of levels, he''s got experience, class, pedigree and importantly he has a good attitude. Definitely someone that players such as Redmond, RVW and our promising youth team can look up and can motivate the team. I''m confident his experience can take Norwich to the ''next level''. I think he''d be worth every penny and a perfect replacement for Grant Holt who has taken us to the level we''re at now.

To sign a player of his caliber and stature in the game would make Norwich City an attractive club and might open new doors for quality players to come in the future. Personally I''d be very excited to see him in a Norwich shirt, but don''t want to get my hopes to high yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCrRpHgZU0Q

Tekkers.

In football, if you buy a player at 30, it is unlikely you''ll sell him on for a significant fee.  With someone like RVW if we sell him on in 2-3 years, chances are we get back what we paid or more.  Whereas for this guy, we''d have to assume what we pay for him will be written-off.

Doesn''t mean we shouldn''t do it, just that it has to be factored into the decision.

[quote user="iron_stan"]too old, too expensive, no resale value and not enough quality to drag city up a level, no point
[/quote]

Seria A winner, International striker, Coppa Italia winner and playing for one of Europes biggest clubs....

I suppose you''d still be happy with a fat tyre fitter?

F*ck me that lad''s got some shot on him. Who gives a toss about pace when you can wallop them in from all over the place.

Well, those Youtube videos remind me of the time I first saw the "Fozzie Flick".

Surely this level of signing is out of our reach?

Quagliarella is a supremely talented footballer even at 30. He could have 4 dazzling years left in him.

I refuse to believe that this is anything more than a cunning tactic by McNally to attract the signatures of Toivonen and Alderweireld!

The OP has 13 posts to his name.......hmm?

If it smells like.......................................[:S]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

Quagliarella is a supremely talented footballer even at 30. He could have 4 dazzling years left in him.

I refuse to believe that this is anything more than a cunning tactic by McNally to attract the signatures of Toivonen and Alderweireld!

[/quote]

dangerous game to play if so, if we sign them and then he doesnt appear they are going to be somewhat Pee''d off that they were "Lied" too.. what then happens come January?

[quote user="Wiz"]

The OP has 13 posts to his name.......hmm?

If it smells like.......................................[:S]

[/quote]Coming from you!!!!!!!!!!This has been widely reported across Italian media now so it''s not made up.

Yes, this may be the first post, but I''ve had to re-join as i''ve not been on here for so long as a poster but Wiz finally made me take the plunge.

Wiz - it''s been reported on Silvio Berlusconi''s own media channel in Italy that the deal is done - it''s purely down to the player.

Whether or not a player such as this can be persuaded to come to Norwich is purely down to the folks at the club now...but what a signing he would be if we''re successful!!!

Wiz wrote - "The OP has 13 posts to his name.......hmm?

If it smells like......................................."

Coffee? But perhaps you should wake up first?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]

It''s an interesting one.

There are clearly players infront of him at Juve now. They spent a bit of money and need to make some back. So they might want rid and he might want to leave.

At this stage of his career it''s probably unlikely he''ll attract the interest of a top club in any of the major leagues. With that being the case you''re then looking at more like midtable teams.

Which is what we are.