Club information

Current club Juventus

Number 27

Youth career

1994–1999 Torino

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

1999–2005 Torino 39 (7)

2002–2003 → Florentia Viola (loan) 12 (1)

2003–2004 → Chieti (loan) 43 (19)

2005–2006 Ascoli 33 (3)

2006–2007 Sampdoria 35 (13)

2007–2009 Udinese 73 (25)

2009–2010 Napoli 34 (11)

2010– Juventus 67 (22)

National team‡

2000–2001 Italy U-17 8 (1)

2001 Italy U-19 9 (1)

2002–2004 Italy U-20 8 (2)

2004 Italy U-21 2 (1)

2007– Italy 25 (6)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 8 November 2012.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 November 2010.

Fabio Quagliarella (Italian pronunciation: [ˈfabjo kwaʎʎaˈrɛlla]) (born 31 January 1983) is an Italian footballer who plays as a striker for Serie A club Juventus. He is renowned for his brilliant shot technique.[2]

Asked juve fan (20k+followers) over twitter on what he thought about potential deal, he said the person it''d originally come from was quite reliable. He reckoned about 70% of the things he said usually happened

Hi there newbie here :D

If this was true then id be very happy with it!!

I follow alot of juve and as they have got tevez and llorente in recently and they also have matri and vucinic, so this would be a good one.

Works very hard for the team and good footwork aswell as the most important thing being he can take his chances and can hit a ball

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Pinch me! If we got him, i''d be astounded! The guy who played that exquisite football at Euro 2010?![/quote]

It must have been too exquisite. Euro 2010 was in 2012 and Quagliarella wasn''t in the Italy squad. Sorry, Jimmy!

Surely this is 100% nonsense. Why on earth would he come to a lower mid table club who wont pay anywhere near the wages he''s been on pretty much all his career.

Am i missing something here or is this just ridiculous?

Maybe it was world cup 2010 then, i just remember him scoring a sublime lob. It might have been that match vs New Zealand now come to think of it. 3-3 it finished

[quote user="McLovin"]Of juve, Being linked with an €8 million move to norwich[/quote]

Sigh........source?

If it is another Twitter then weyyyyy. I love them. They''re never made up.

[quote user="McLovin"]he said the person it''d originally come from was quite reliable. He reckoned about 70% of the things he said usually happened[/quote]

I can confirm 97.5% of my statements are true and I''m 82.6% sure there is about a 4% chance of this lead being legit.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Just looked, was Slovakia they played 3-2[/quote]

He also had 13 minutes as a sub in one game in Euro 2008.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Not good value to spend 8 million on someone with no resale value rather than 12 million on someone you might sell for a higher price.[/quote]
On the other hand a 5 year younger model would cost a lot more.

[quote user="Snoddys Jockstrap"]Surely this is 100% nonsense. Why on earth would he come to a lower mid table club who wont pay anywhere near the wages he''s been on pretty much all his career.

Am i missing something here or is this just ridiculous?[/quote]

How on earth do you know what he''s being paid?

Always find it hilarious when people come out with statements like this, as if they have access to everyones wages, and also the clubs wage budget. You have no idea how much he''s on. Or how much he''d be willing to accept, or how much we''d be willing to pay. Even an educated guess on all three isn''t anywhere near enough to call something 100% nonsense and ridiculous.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Not good value to spend 8 million on someone with no resale value rather than 12 million on someone you might sell for a higher price.[/quote]

I agree that this is a superficially attractive argument but surely what matters is the here and now. If and let us indulge this notion as accurate for the purposes of this discussion, he scores goals in the next two seasons when we really need to kick on and to secure Prem status long term with its £60m plus a year income, then surely that''s job done. I would happily pay £4m a season for goals that earn us another season in the Prem.

Resale is only part of the calculation.  The present is equally important in my view. For the same reason, I''d be happy to see Scott Parker here at 32 or Lampard. We need to stay up next season first and foremost not make a profit on a player in two years time.

"What''s worrying is Quagliarella isn''t pushing for a move even though he knows he won''t play. He''s content being paid for the bench"and"Norwich interested in Quag? I wish! But watch him reject them like he has several other clubs & stick around forever"From that Juventus fan....sounds like just the player we want.....

I cant see why people are so strong on the resale value on every player we buy. Look at the players this season released on free''s including thier wages signing on fees on top, nobody likes that.

But if we got an older player in and done a job for 3 years scoring goals keeping us safe in the premiership where we are collecting the big pounds then it pays for itself!

Yes i know we cant do that on every player but then its not like that atm, redmond,olsson,rvw possibly fer theres plenty of resale value there!?!?

[quote user="SYG"]These rumours are getting past ridiculous now[/quote]Agree. At least people don;t start individual threads every time they hear a name mentioned on TwitterThat would really make things worse wouldn''t it.

30 years old, international experience, Champions League experience, top flight European league experience. A very experienced striker, with a good 2-4 years left in the tank seems like a snip at 8m euros (or £6.9m). Lots of Juve fans talking about it with very mixed feelings on the matter. Does make sense for him to leave and would be a better bet than Hooper who has only ever scored goals in a much weaker league.

Without commenting on Quag specifically, those people who are saying it is out of sync with our transfer policy, we dont just need one type of player. There is nothing wrong with an experienced player or two in the dressing room. That''s one reason I really like the Carlo Nash signing. We have a relatively young squad at the moment and could probably do with one or two older heads on and off the pitch to keep everyone grounded and focussed.

gingerpele, obviously I don''t know how much he is being paid but given that he is: a) an italian international and b) on the books of the italian champions means that he is probably on a damn sight more than any player has ever been at our club.

why the hell would we want to blow significant £££ and blow apart our wage structure on a player who is 30 with low to minimal resale value

not only this, but ask yourself why somebody who plays champions league football for a club of incredible pedigree want to come to a lower-mid table team.

If anyone were to actually countenance this move, they''d automatically expose themselves as a total moron, as you have done pretty comprehensively.