Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

And again....

Just seen that reports from Liverpool are that Pacheco is to leave the club.

We often talk about him on here and if we would like him to come back, so once again what do we think?

I liked him when he was with us, and he appears to like us. However can only really see him being a squad player, not that that is a bad thing maybe.

Thoughts people?

Like the bloke, but we have now progessed beyond his level... would maybe have had a chance in the first season but we are really looking to push on now. Good luck to him though, I could see a Championship side taking a punt on him, if not its likely he will probably move back to spain.

That''s actually a really tough one.His best position is arguably either just off the front man or in the hole, problem is that Wes has that area covered (and arguably Butterfield/Howson as alternatives), and there has to be questions over his overall ability at this level as well.IF we moved Vaughan and a couple more players on, and IF we had a spare squad place, then MAYBE he''s worth the punt on a free, as wages will be low and we can always loan him out if things aren''t looking great and even leave him out of the squad in Jan if it''s that bad!I think we''ve probably moved on from where he was a truly viable squad option however, and whilst his attitude and desire to play here were excellent, you have to rule with your head and not your heart at this level which probably rules out any sort of deal...

Agree with Birchfest, at the time would have been an inspirational signing. But now with Pilks, Snoddy, RVW, and Hoolahoop in the form of his life, I just can''t see him breaking into the first team, or adding anything much different from what we have

Always looked a great player to me but you have to remember who he was playing against.

Also he fits the "Lambert" player mould perfectly and I think Lambert could have signed him permanently if he wanted too, at the end of last season if not before, but chose not to - and he is a good judge of signing this sort of player.  But if Pacheco now goes to Villa I will stand corrected !

Bramble and Cureton are now available and I bet Cody Mac would''nt cost a lot.Any takers?  [:D]