Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Premier League nightmare XI - Worst team of the season

http://blog.paddypower.com/2013/05/22/premier-league-nightmare-xi-find-out-who-makes-the-worst-team-of-the-season/

Paddy Power putting forward their worst XI of the 2012/13 season.

REALLY?! Bassong and Olsson being the 2 worst centre backs this entire season? Pienaar worst winger? In the ENTIRE league?!

Though some of the other suggestions may have some merit, I''m not sure about a few of them which makes me question some of the ''logic'' they have used.

Firstly, it''s Paddy Power so everything they do is about generating hype so this is probably just a piece of trolling. Secondly it appears to have been put together looking at one statistic in isolation, which is never a way to analysis a player (some people on this board should take note when slamming players).

I think what it confirms is that that Josh Powell has the greatest lack of knowledge about football of all article writers I have read.

Perhaps he should stick to netball.

So Bassong gets an honourable mention in the team of the leage on the BBC website and put in the worst 11, hilarious,

Surely QPR should take up at least 7 or 8 players...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Firstly, it''s Paddy Power so everything they do is about generating hype so this is probably just a piece of trolling. Secondly it appears to have been put together looking at one statistic in isolation, which is never a way to analysis a player (some people on this board should take note when slamming players).[/quote]

Should feel really at home on here then !

I think it''s an attempt to wind people up deliberately. All of the mentioned players have with them a line on why they are much heralded. It shows exactly what stats can do.

Just like I did with Bradley Johnson. I''m surprised he didn''t make it in the team! (not because he''s rubbish, but because of that stat).

I thought it made interesting reading.

Bunn is an interesting one, he did concede a fair amount of goals in his stint, but then I didn''t think he played that badly at times.

And Bassong was our winning of POTS for a reason! The fact either of these two are in there are dismal! What about QPR''s keepers?!

Puncheon is another one, who I felt hadn''t done that badly for Southampton this season (from what I saw)

And Welbeck, who does so much more than score goals - although I do think he needs to start scoring more. But then he''s shown whilst playing for England he can certainly do so.

A rubbish blog if you ask me!

AJ, you don''t get it, it deliberately set up like that.

The blog merely exposes some surprising statistics for undeserving players.