Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Speaking of RVW his transfer cost?

Was the money that was spent on him...this years money or this up comin summer transfer funds year....it''s not like we spent anything during the transfer Window and besides Bassong not sure where all the money went. I am really hoping they don''t say wellll RVW is 8 million of what we planned on having to spend next year....btw and I know we have made a big deal of being out of debt. Is there anything out there that show''s what teams are in debt, how much etc etc.

no player cost as much as bas (reported 4.5m) but individually they make up the numbers.

(all reported/rumoured costs)

Bass (4.5m)

Tettey (2m)

Turner (3m)

snoddy (3.5m)

butterfield (1.5m comp)

Becchio (400k)

Bunn (300k)

Garrido (loan > 2m)

both whittaker and camp on frees.

so overall about 17m spent, which isn''t bad. but yes, I believed it was confirmed that RVW has come from last years budget and did not touch this years.

Those totals are a bit off. Big Mac said last summer that none of our summer signings were new club records.

R. Bennett as £3.5million. That means none of the players between him and RVW have cost more.

Tettey was rumoured to have been less than £1million. Turrner £2million. Snoddy £2 - 2.5million, Bunny £1million.

If Turner cost £2m why only 2 year contract, seems fee unlikely. Other fees also appear inflated.

[quote user="chicken"]Those totals are a bit off.[/quote]It has also been reported that our total spending on transfer fees for the last 5 years is £17m

Didn''t the last accounts say we spent £9 million after the end of May on transfers?I don''t have them to hand to check.

signed him on Footy manager 2013 for 19 million!

he''s beast on there though. lets hope he replicates that form in real life!

We would have paid £8.5m for him in January if SCL let him go so it looks like the money was from this season just gone.

I saw Bassongs deal being advertised as £5.5m somewhere, but i do believe the club said we didn''t break the transfer record.

I reckon Bassong was £3m with a bonus if we stay up of £1m

Butterfield comp seems a lot!

Turner was reported around £1m-£1.5m mark, but maybe had relegation avoidance bonus. Bunn was £1m, Becchio was apparently £400k + Morison. Tettey seems about right, as do Snoddy and Garrido.

RVW may have well been out of last seasons budget, but i''d imagine Becchio and Kamara and the associated wages cost some of that money that we''d have had this summer instead.

Kamara was around £500k + £150k wages i reckon while Becchio is probably on about £25k a week, so there''s another £500k gone.

I wonder what RVW will be on?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]We would have paid £8.5m for him in January if SCL let him go so it looks like the money was from this season just gone.[/quote]I think the majority of Sporting Lisbon''s share of the transfer fee (remember that RVW was partly owned by a third-party) was paid around about when the deal was announced. I seem to remember it being reported that this was done so that Sporting Lisbon could try and avoid not being able to pay their staff, since they seem to be in a bit of a financial pickle at the moment.

There are always extra costs to be included - principally "signing-on fees for players and commissions for agents. There are also minor costs - travelling, hospitality, medical, which could become an item.

McNally said on Twitter a awhile ago, when asked, that RVW''s fee came out of THIS YEARS budget, and not the money Hughton will get to spend over the summer. That is phenomenal if you think about the possibilities that lie ahead this summer. It was a risk not to bring in a striker, and sign RVW (our top target) for next season. Luckily we stayed up and now it''s all hunky dory! Another shrewd move from McNally

I beleive it''s from last year''s budget, we never spent anywhere near the £25M that was mentioned by one of the directors at a public dinner and we obviously had the money available in Jan to spend, we just couldn''t get RVW for the right price then.
Seems like the board made the right decision in January (again), despite many on here saying the lack of activity would lead to our downfall, or was the reason for our poor second half of the season. Hopefully that myth has been dispelled and the majority of fans see that the management team were just extremely cautious in the hope of making it over the 40 point mark and that is ultimately what lead to some of worst performances i have seen ever from NCFC

...then there''s the £4m+ additional budget for finishing 11th and not the minium-target 17th.