Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Sam Byram?

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8730787/Brian-McDermott-is-certain-Sam-Byram-will-be-at-Leeds-next-season

The start of the rumours for our next leeds purchase?

While he seems like a great prospect, we have two good right backs. The sort of money required to prize him away is surely not available for that position considering the purchases that need to be made?

Byram does look very good for his age and will likely only get better.Arguably we could bring him in to compete with Russ, as Whittaker can cover LB with Garrido and you never know if Byram could do as well much like Naughton did?For the right price he''d be a good addition, and would probably send the likes of WACCOE into unmitigated meltdown in the process [:D]

Indy_Bones wrote -

"Arguably we could bring him in to compete with Russ, as Whittaker can cover LB with Garrido and you never know if Byram could do as well much like Naughton did?"

Or how about we spend the money on a proper left back to compete with Garrido?

Try to get a reporter asking about him at a City presser or on Twitter what have you, it will wind them up hearing City manager / staff talking bout him.

We don''t need another RB, but a LB to compete with Garrido.

Now who do Leeds have at LB, that would settle in here without any problem.......................

I''d be happy enough using Whittaker as back up on the left hand side to be honest. As long as we had 4 full backs. Maybe even get Byram and a left back and use R Martin to cover at centre back as one of 4 if needed?

Suppose to be the next big talent over here in Leeds, i would take him. I also think we could do with a new RB to move on as a squad, someone with some pace, a bigger threat going forward than Russ and a better defender. I think Whittaker offer us more in attack but is more of a liability at the back.
I expect to see the club bring in two new FBs this summer as it''s by far our weakest part of defence