Sign in to follow this  
Sly Dog

Interesting look at QPR with comment on Norwich

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-only-way-is-down-for-queens-park-rangers-8591332.html

Apologies if this is a re-post as the article is from a number of weeks ago. I don''t think they''re quite right on our debt position (yet) but the general gist is right. Makes me glad to be a Norwich fan. If I was a QPR supporter reading that I''d just get angry.

Makes very good reading, and again, full credit must go to McNally who has really done a huge amount to turn this club around, whilst still allowing the managers to sign decent players without harming the clubs finances.

Surprised to see Swansea''s wage bill is smaller than ours though!

As for QPR, got what they deserved. Hopefully people will look at both us and Swansea, and see absolute role models on how to do things properly. Just like Man City found out this year, money can''t always buy you happiness.

Gone are the days when we wanted to emulate the Charlton model - its now clubs wanting to emulate the Norwich model.  McNally was IMHO our best signing, he broke the downward spiral we were in.  I hate to think what would have happened without him.

[quote user="Somerset Canary"]Gone are the days when we wanted to emulate the Charlton model - its now clubs wanting to emulate the Norwich model.  McNally was IMHO our best signing, he broke the downward spiral we were in.  I hate to think what would have happened without him.
[/quote]

100% agree - along with Bowkett. I think Delia and MWJ hit the jackpot for NCFC there [Y]

Well I hope people will be honest with themselfs and realise what we have at the club of ours and see the players we have and believe in the manager and board together we can and will get stronger, Well done to everyone for making those figures possible

Completely agree with you Somerset Canary, many look to Lambert as the saviour of NCFC, however, without the brave decisions of McNasty, we would not be where we are today.  It was McNally who decided, much to the disgust of many pundits, that we should sack our manager just 1 game into the League 1 season, but that turned out to be the catalyst for Norwich. 

Lets stop saying "In Lambert we Trust" or "In CH we Trust",  we should be saying "In McNallyy we trust", he is the puppeteer.