Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Season review: fans and Holt need to cheer up

Here''s my latest Pink''un blog: http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/blogs/norwich_and_beyond/archive/2013/05/24/2926489.aspx

In summary: well done Hughton and would the fans and Holt please stop moaning already. Plus, what to do with a problem like Bradley Johnson.

I did wonder if it was a little harsh but, as a striker you should expect to play up by yourself, especially with most current systems. Because the team hasn''t always played to his strengths doesn''t entitle him to moan. You don''t hear Russell Martin moaning about being shifted around the defence. He just gets on with what''s best for the team.

I love Holt, I just don''t think attitude was right for much of the season. He''s playing in the Premier League, most of us would be pretty happy about that!

I think Holty was disappointed that he wasn''t being played to his strengths this season (as any player would be). Last year under Lambert clearly showed he can be effective but CH didn''t appear to have the same level of faith in him as PL did. The bringing in of Kamara and dropping him to the bench was a further snub for a player who has been consistent over the last 3 seasons for us and was a major factor in us getting to the Premier League.I agree that the whole ''Holt-gate'' saga didn''t make for a great impression on the new manager but the fact is we do seem to play better when Holt is used effectively. Also the Hoolahan situation with him being subbed/on the bench at the start of games I think was also a factor in the results of more than a few games.But....we finished a place higher than last season and we can look forward to another season of top-flight football in 2012-13.

Yeh fair points Barclay. Although I think bringing in Kamara was an attempt to freshen things up when we''d be struggling to score, which seemed like a fair enough call from Hughton at the time. Anyway, best get back to writing about cricket ....

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]
The bringing in of Kamara and dropping him to the bench was a further snub for a player who has been consistent over the last 3 seasons for us and was a major factor in us getting to the Premier League.

[/quote]

Whats wrong with Kamara coming in and being ahead of a Holt who is clearly off form (Whether thats down to style of play, formations, tactics etc doesn''t matter, it wasn''t working). I seem to remember Lambert dropping him last year for a few games (quite early on in the season if I remember rightly) and Holt came back a man possesed with a rejuvinated hunger, just didn''t work out that way this year.

[quote user="Vazzza"][quote user="BarclayUpperCut"]The bringing in of Kamara and dropping him to the bench was a further snub for a player who has been consistent over the last 3 seasons for us and was a major factor in us getting to the Premier League.

[/quote]Whats wrong with Kamara coming in and being ahead of a Holt who is clearly off form (Whether thats down to style of play, formations, tactics etc doesn''t matter, it wasn''t working). I seem to remember Lambert dropping him last year for a few games (quite early on in the season if I remember rightly) and Holt came back a man possesed with a rejuvinated hunger, just didn''t work out that way this year.[/quote]I thought Holty''s form at the end of the season was good...But then I FL GH! Maybe I''m a tad biased..