Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

club's average crowd as a percentage of stadium capacity

top 15 clubs have over 96% attendance. That impressive.

how many of them do the Manoo trick and count ticket sales, not actual attendances. apparently there was one EPL game at Old Trafford which was published at 76,000 or thereabouts, but in reality the figure was 59,000 and a bit.

and if you look at this:http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/PR/attend.htmlWe are top!!Who knows which one is right!!

As someone has pointed out this is not actual attendance since if a season ticket holder does not turn up they still count as there, which is why it is so frustrating at times to be told all tickets sold and see many spare seats at the match!

It''s almost entirely down to away attendance and the number of seats needed for segregation - at several clubs, not just us; 100% capacity attendance is nigh-on impossible.

102%, oh dear, someone''s had a maths fart!

Biggest problem if you''re a non attending STH is that the buy back system, as I understand it, doesn''t actually come into operation until all the seats available for general sale have been sold first. So, if no-one wants to buy a seat with a restricted view, then someone who wants to sell their ticket through the buy-back scheme is unlikely.

I''m not sure if the scheme has changed recently, but this certainly used to be the case a few years back and I gave up offering my seat back to the club, as I never once received a credit for it. When I asked why this was so, I was informed that the games in question weren''t home area sell outs.

I was told at the time that the club adopted this procedure in order to maximise their ticket revenues.