Sign in to follow this  
NCFC1995

Nicky Shorey

Too expensive (wages) to sit on the bench

I feel we need to look at younger, up and coming models to learn the trade. We do have Whittaker in a real emergency, if injury takes its toll on Garrido

For a cheap back up option, if the money dries up and we need a decent left back, then why not. 1 year deal, someone to directly challenge Garrido. He wouldn''t be my first choice of target though.

A few years ago he was touted for an England call, not now though. Always a bit of a risk taking on a defender from a relegated side, mind!

He''s 32 now though, and wouldn''t add anything. No thanks, a younger LB who can learn would be good!

shorey was a decent player - but like most of his age his best years are behind him.

If it was the last day of the transfer window and we still only had Whittaker, Garrido and Martin as full backs, then I''d take Shorey as a back up. Hopefully we''ll get someone better in to be more competitive with those three.

[quote user="AJ"]Always a bit of a risk taking on a defender from a relegated side, mind![/quote]

Risk worth taking in Bassong though ;) Ha I kid.. no i wouldn''t take him. Would rather have Tierney back.