Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Premier League 2012/13 Most Ineffective XI

http://www.whoscored.com/Graphics/451/Show/Premier-League-2012-13-Most-Ineffective-XI

^ sorry I don''t seem to have a hyperlink option on this text box. Copy paste.

This team of 11 seems to feature Mr B.Johnson of Norwich.

Who do I see in that team?? Oh none other than England''s Danny Welbeck.

A regular for Roy Hodgson''s England. Would that be because he''s a good player?? Nope - he''s useless.

Must be because he plays for Man Utd then.

Nine Premier League goals for our Danny last season - he gets picked ahead of Grant Holt (15 Premier League goals).

Just the ONE Premier League goal for Welbeck this season - yet of course he''s in the current England squad - unlike Southampton''s Ricky Lambert with 15 Premier League goals this season.

What a complete, total and utter joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose you''re going to tell me that it was Welbeck Yellow Wall.

And what a performance it was from young Danny.

Two goals in meaningless friendlies and two against San Marino. Whoop de flippin doo.

Ineffective at passing? Yes, he often looks clueless when he gets past the halfway line. However, he has been an important member of the team this year and deservedly got 3rd in the Barry Butler trophy this season.

Welbeck has mostly played on the wing for united this year due to obvious reasons (RVP, Rooney and Hernandez) - hence his lack of goals. The fact that Fergie played him, out of position, ahead of other first teamers shows how much he rates him.

Doesn''t seem to be egotistical either unlike a certain Mr Rooney!

Hope he continues to develop and achieves his potential.

Webbo - you''ve got a fair point about footy statistics in general (of the 71% passing accuracy kind) - they tell some of the story, but not all of it.

I think we can believe the statistic that Welbeck has only scored one Premier League goal all season though.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Who do I see in that team?? Oh none other than England''s Danny Welbeck. A regular for Roy Hodgson''s England. Would that be because he''s a good player?? Nope - he''s useless.  [/quote]

Lol.

Plays in a different role for England, scores more goals.

Just like Holt played in a different role for us this season, and scored less goals.

Doesn''t make Welbeck, or Holt, a bad player.

Wellbeck is a good player and has had some good games for England and as a bonus it amuses me that we have a Bobby Brown "My Prerogative" era look alike in the national team.

All of them are capable players but have been spectacularly bad (ie the worst in their position for the season) at one element of the game - none of them have been the clubs worst players overall.