Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

andros townsend

Not a "Norwich" player, doesn''t seem to have the right head (see Chris Martins failures to ever make it to the big time). One of the (very) few QPR players I would consider, clearly talented, but I do think we can probably find a better deal elsewhere

[quote user="SYG"]He plays for Spurs mate[/quote]I know. But I wouldn''t want anyone who''s been associated with that club.He seemed pretty decent during the season but the QPR mentality just stinks.

in a heartbeat. Big wow he gambles. As long as he scores goals I dont care!

Ah the dilemma, we''ve been lusting after him for a while, now not sure if he has a nasty bout of Chopra.

[quote user="Nicko"]in a heartbeat. Big wow he gambles. As long as he scores goals I dont care![/quote]eh ?it is betting offences (the clue is in the last word) not gamblingoffences that, if true, go right to the heart of the integrity of the gamethankfully most others do see the problems there

ps perhaps you would be better of at poorman road where honesty within the game doesn''t seem to be too much of a concern

Andros Townsend bet on games that he had no internal knowledge of, the FA stricitly prohibits domestic professionals betting on any football games in the UK. Do you think think footballers want to lose all their money? Its an addiction that''s growing in this country. Its an illness.

He looks a mighty tidy winger, but this cloud over him is always going to be there and can lead on a steep downward spiral.

Again he is maybe one candidate that we are looking at but as much as the playing style is important the behind the scenes are. Yes we and other clubs can offer support but when other influential players are around it may open a can of worms.

We will have a long list across Europe and done a lot of research from this. He may be on the list or not, but he played well while on loan. I would think that Tottenham will be keen to keep Townsend as he has proved he is very capable or at least send him on loan for a full season.

So Tottenham will probably want to send him on loan to a nice family club, away from the bright lights of London, mixing with a team of young hungry players?

Dunno where that could be, is there such a club in the prem? Maybe with an ex Tottenham player / coach as a manager?

Would much rather a cut price deal for Sako from Wolves personally. Much more complete than Townsend and definitely knows where back of net is. Would easily make step up.

Nathan Redmond from Birmingham. Can go past a defender, knows when to pass, and has a good shot with both feet. Given Birmingham''s financial state, they would almost certainly be open to offers. Might get a two-for-one deal, combinming him with Curtis Davies!

Redmond is also young, only 19 with 60 games under his belt + England caps at lots of age groups (and just called into the u-21s)- think I''d certainly go for him over Townsend.

Open mind on this one but comes with a bit of baggage and also a losing mentality at QPR. We need a pacey winger but with the cash available and better valur abroad I suspect there may be other names on the managers list before him