Sign in to follow this  
barclay_boy111

To quiet or to early?

I feel it''s a little too quite on the transfer front, Even the rumours that have been floating around don''t seem to have any real substance.

Or is it just to early? I suppose I got used to us snapping them up straight away over the past few seasons.

(The exception being RVW)

Far too early. The transfer window doesn''t even officially open until July 1st, and we''ve already acquired two great additions in RvW and Garrido.

Oh, BB. I''m not dealing with the lack of football all that well either. Withdrawal has set in much quicker than I was expecting.

However, I feel you are threatening to panic over nothing. Hell, in you final, bracketed line, you sort of go against what you said.

RVW is already signed! Rejoice!

Also, there is a myth that Lambert made his signings early and its been another club to beat Hughton with... for some reason. Its a little inaccurate, though. Besides, Lambert never made a signing before the season was over (re: RVW) and hasn''t made any signings yet at his current club (I forget its name).

I know its a lot to ask, but be a little patient (I''m struggling to be patient myself). It''ll happen in good time.

Yea im not Coping well at all if I''m honest time seams to be going rather slowly!

To be honest i was Just sort of hoping that after the coup of both garrido and RVW so quickly we were going to go on a bit

Of early splurge and catch other clubs napping but don''t worrie I''m certainly not panicking.. (Yet ha!)

I''m not trying to beet Hughton with another stick as like you say he made the sighning of RVW befor the season was even over and I was extremely happy!

To be fair to Norwich...

I would expect that this off season is highly unusual but we inquiring about players, but many on ''hold'' from selling clubs, until manager turn around''s been sorted.

Also, we need to sell a few players as well and see who''s sold.

At the moment,

3 - Ruddy/Bunn/Rudd

8 - Martin/Whittaker/Bassong/Turner/Garrido/

Barnett/Bennett/Ayala.

10 - BJ / Snoddy / Howson / Surman / Wes / Fox / Bennett / Butterfield / Tettey

4 - Holt / RvW / Becchio / Vaughan

That is a 25 man squad... so whilst we might have cleared out 10 players already, we still have 25 professionals and need to ship some more out (technically) before we sign players.

U would imagine, Barnett, Ayala, Surman, Fox, Vaughan and possibly Butterfield to be top of the sales list before we sign players.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Surman stay, he offers something different to a dedicated winger that we could have really done with this season.

I agree that Barnett, Ayala, Fox and Vaughan all look almost certainties to follow the others out the door.

Butterfield is on a long contract and is one for the future, he may well end up on loan but I can''t see any reason to get rid.

So that''s 4 available places. We have already made 2 signings, I could see us making 4 or 5 more max with maybe one or two being under the squad age. It isn''t a window for quantity but for quality.

The only issue is if someone wants our players, the only real worry I can see there is Ruddy. The board need to remain strong if the rumoured interest shows itself or if he wants to move get silly money for him to fund a replacement.

I think the reason it feels quiet is because we actually only have a few quality signings to bring in and they will take a bit longer to sort out I imagine, especially if other clubs are interested.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yea im not Coping well at all if I''m honest time seams to be going rather slowly!

To be honest i was Just sort of hoping that after the coup of both garrido and RVW so quickly we were going to go on a bit

Of early splurge and catch other clubs napping but don''t worrie I''m certainly not panicking.. (Yet ha!)

I''m not trying to beet Hughton with another stick as like you say he made the sighning of RVW befor the season was even over and I was extremely happy![/quote]You could use all this free time to try and learn how to spell and use punctuation/capitalisation properly.......Seriously, what on earth is being taught in schools these days....... [:@]

Unhinged bit unnecessary!

It''s a forum not an English exam!!!!!!!!

Barclay, learn some patience, we will be very busy when the time comes! As was said earlier until a lot of the management issue are resolved and the respective clubs squads are analysed they''re won''t be much movement!!

I think u maybe reading all of the headlines about this or that player going here or there and thinking why aren''t we being linked with XY or Z but most of these stories are pure conjecture aimed to sell newspapers.

OTBC 

I''m very sorry my english skills are not to your standard unhinged, you could be using your free time to be doing something constrictive other than grading posts on football forum.

Just FYI I''m using an iPhone, do you know of this new technology? If you are than you will know of its annoying corrective text feature.

Ironic that you don''t put a question mark at the end of your question Unhinged. Or that you use seven punctuation points in your Ellipsis instead of the trusted three. I guess we have the Internet to thank for the accepted extension to the three dot standard.

I blame the Tories!

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Yea im not Coping well at all if I''m honest time seams to be going rather slowly!

I''m not trying to beet Hughton with another stick as like you say he made the sighning of RVW befor the season was even over and I was extremely happy![/quote]no, you''re just trying to sugar the pill.

When Sky Sports open their shiny TRANSFER MARKET website pageThen you know that silly season has officially begun.Until then, we just have to cling onto rumours about Dempsey and Frimpong making movements to Norwich.

A lot of work will have been going on behind the scenes but until we were certain of premiership football then few hard and fast decisions will have been made. We are assured of an active and interesting summer with every prospect of some real quality bolstering our squad, these are now very exciting times for us

There will be pressure from CH and McN to resolve the situation as soon as possible, because there will be more players to release, depending on what new players and their positions, and because they would like to have a settled squad by the start of training. (In addition, I assume that both men would like to have some hols before then as well.)

Don''t confuse quietness with inactivity, therefore! They have sorted out what positions need strengthening, and who they would like to sign. Mow comes the convoluted business of approaching other clubs to sound them out, and they are in the same position as us, and every other club. It''s a glorious game of "musical chairs", with nobody wanting to let go of a player without some certainty of replacing him. Unless you have money to splash around, at times it must seem daunting.

Two points:

Every year rumours abound, but in some cases there was an enquiry followed by a leak by the other club or the agent, to try to promote an auction. Some of this years may come into this category. You will recall the mentions about RvW during the widow and before the end of the season. At the time many of us thought it was a pipe dream!

Our club seems to prefer to keep things quiet until everything is signed and sealed, as do many other clubs, but other clubs like publicity. The full glare of publicity is probably something serious negotiators can do without.

A number of leagues are still going although most finish over the next week. Most out of contract players become free as of 1st July & this sometimes delays announcements - I remember this happening with Bradley Johnson & Butterfield last year.

We are likely to see a few more of the fringe players move on. You tend to see the promoted teams enter the market first as they have the most improving to do. As others have also stated, the managerial situation at Everton, Chelsea, Stoke and possibly Wigan need to be sorted. If Martinez leaves Wigan you can expect quite an exodous from there. Likewise there could be quite a clear out at Stoke.

Not sure if Hughton has a holiday lined up although this may not impact on signings etc.