Sign in to follow this  
olster

Bentley ?

I wonder what will happen to him ? as I can''t imagine he will play much at arsenal next season ??? I doubt we would have much of a chance of signing him on loan again the wages he earns must be too high for us next season

I reckon he might go on loan to west ham now they have won promotion to the premier league

what does anyone else think ? or even care he he

I would love to see Bentley stay next season, but dont think he will want to play out of the Premiership.

Can''t see Arsenal wanting him for next season so maybe he will go to one of the newly promoted Clubs

Who cares, the occasional good cross couldn''t compensate for the fact that he was muscled off the ball too easily and seemed to go Awol. Much rather see someone with a bit of muscle and a decent cross

Do we want him?  The guy only gave 100% in 1 game (Bolton).

Skill (which he has plenty of) is an excellent commodity, but guts and commitment are required in the Fizzy League.

His wages can be used elsewhere.

But...............our resurgence did coincide with him returning on the right and we looked very good going forward with that extra bit of creativity.

However on balance I agree with the general sentiment here that in the Champ he would be a luxury we can''t afford and possibly another Mulryne or Rivers who gives flashes of brilliance but never makes the final product.

I didn''t think at the start of the season that we should be used to train up Arsenal''s youth players- we should train up our own instead. Nothing I saw during the season would make him a rush out and buy case for me.

[quote]Do we want him? The guy only gave 100% in 1 game (Bolton). Skill (which he has plenty of) is an excellent commodity, but guts and commitment are required in the Fizzy League. His wages can be used ...[/quote]

You''ll want to be getting rid of Huckerby then - he has about as much guts as a stone!

Bentley would be more than good enough against the majority of Championship teams. The only times we came unstuck this year with him were when the opposing full-back attacked and Bently had to defend Inthe championship, very few fullbacks are competent enough to defend properly, let alone attack as well, so Bentley would be able to concentrate on putting the ball in for Ashton. The time he will get in the championship would allow him to put in the quality of crosses he did against Bolton

ps: i don''t suggest Huckerby is sold, before I''m lynched . . .  

Stephen

How can you say that about Hucks?  OK if he lost the ball he didn''t always track back, but you can''t say that he hasn''t got guts.  He was always wanting the ball and at least giving it his all.  His commitment to the cause was never in question.

You must have confused him with somebody else.....

you obviously forget, Yoda, that whenever he goes up against a good right back, and can''t beat him the in his first threee attempts, he stops trying to beat him, gets disheartened, and just starts playing five yard passes.

[quote]you obviously forget, Yoda, that whenever he goes up against a good right back, and can''t beat him the in his first threee attempts, he stops trying to beat him, gets disheartened, and just starts pla...[/quote]

If that was the case, why was he the most fouled player in the Premiership?  Not because he was playing 5-yard passes

[quote]You''ll want to be getting rid of Huckerby then - he has about as much guts as a stone! Bentley would be more than good enough against the majority of Championship teams. The only times we came unstu...[/quote]

Stephen:

I''m checking the city supporters guideline, to see if in fact your opening sentence is in fact, treasonous.

If, as I suspect it is, then a public flogging in front of the Barclay is well in order.

Repent, before its too late my friend!..