Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Relegation tips for next season

It will be interesting to see who bookies mark as favorites, it is so much easier to predict the top six than the bottom six.

I have afeeling Sunderland could struggle as I suspect manager will be hard to keep calm! Looks like half squad are on way out and no player likes amanger who goes public with issues.

Then you have Villa if they lose Enteke Southampton and even Fulham could be in trouble

It is a tough league and if you do not get squad right then trouble will happen look at qpr.

The extra money in the Premier means some clubs will follow qpr and spend spend spend and some of that is bound to work for a while as with Man city

I am fairly optimistic about next season which worries me.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m going with, in no particular order: Palace or Watford Stoke Hull City[/quote]

After getting it completely wrong by constantly telling us we would be relegated this season, you now want to give us the benefit of your wisdom by predicting what may happen in a years time. [:S]

Wasn''t constantly wrong at all. I was wrong twice and right twice with my predictions. The big one was that I predicted we''d go down. We didn''t. Pleased to have been wrong.

Anyway, these are just my early predictions.

Most likely Watford or Palace, although Palace have more chance of survival seeing as Watford most likely won''t have a full squad if they go up.Two from Sunderland, Stoke and Fulham as well. Di Canio''s probably going to all end in tears, if Stoke appoint Hughes then they''ll be lucky to win 5 games, and Fulham weren''t all that impressive last season (excluding Berbatov, and if he gets injured I can see them in trouble).

i would go with hull, watford if they come up and then stoke. but to be honest anyone of those teams mentioned could go down, just depends on what happens over the course of the summer and then the start of season to see who really is in trouble.

Paddy power (talking on talksport) have Hull, Cardiff and us as the 3 shortest prices, of course those odds may change after the play off

I can''t believe this....

We were NAILED ON to get relegated when we were 6th from bottom and 3 points ahead of the drop zone. Now, here we are, end of May and we are joint bottom of the table with 0 points and people think we''ll stay up!!!

You couldn''t make it up!!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Wasn''t constantly wrong at all. I was wrong twice and right twice with my predictions. The big one was that I predicted we''d go down. We didn''t. Pleased to have been wrong.

Anyway, these are just my early predictions.[/quote]You sound a lot like Adrian Durham

we are near the bottom to go down because most bookies don''t have a price for the play-off winner. the fact that we are so far down is because we were awful between the two WBA matches (everton aside).

that''s over half the season people!

We''re near the bottom as these bookies are too lazy to do anything else - the season hasn''t even properly finished yet so they are merely reverting to type based on ''name'' alone and we''re just not ''fashionable'' for them.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I can''t believe this....

We were NAILED ON to get relegated when we were 6th from bottom and 3 points ahead of the drop zone. Now, here we are, end of May and we are joint bottom of the table with 0 points and people think we''ll stay up!!!

You couldn''t make it up!!

[/quote]Brilliant! [:)]I still think QPR will finish above us next season...

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Wasn''t constantly wrong at all. I was wrong twice and right twice with my predictions. The big one was that I predicted we''d go down. We didn''t. Pleased to have been wrong. Anyway, these are just my early predictions.[/quote]

Do the later ones get better?

Well I have just torn my betting slip up which was £20 at 6/1 for Norwich to finish in the top ten. It was the same bet I had the prvious year except that bet was 7/1. You can guess that I am not much of a tipster but I see Sunderland, Cardiff going down as their Managers do not have the experiance to keep them up and maybe Watford. Nice crowd tho. I went to a game last year and was very well treated.

Crystal Palace (No Saha to help them)Aston Villa (Even if Benteke stays through both transfer windows)Stoke (Without Pulis I can see teh new manager struggling to keep them up)

Only word of caution, whilst I think we will push for a top10 place.

The season we came up, I''m fairly confident that Blackburn/Bolton fans were saying exactly the same thing... the sides coming up are the weakest yet....

The 3 coming up are usually written off, and sometimes that plays out... other times a few ''established'' sides get a nasty surprise.