Sign in to follow this  

So N''Zonzi has handed in a transfer request.

Personally, the jury''s out on him for me - great technique and great distribution, but he doesn''t seem to have the right attitude for us.

He seems quite self-serving - petulant, never fully committed to a club etc.

Anyway, Telegraph mentions we''re keeping tabs on him so it''s worth a discussion I reckon.

What do you reckon his valuation would be?

He''s a very good player although not sure his attitude is the best. Stoke fans certainly seem to link their best performances last season to his presence in the team for those games and are of the view they are not the same team when he doesn''t play.

Definitely worth a sniff. I suspect though he might be lined up as a replacement for Diame at West Ham if he leaves.

I''ve always been fascinated by African players who have N'' in their names. So N''Zonzi, N''Zogbia or N''Gog, preferably all three, would be fine by me. Good job that I''m not the manager!

He''s French.

Do we really need another DM? Especially one that would put a huge hole in our budget (the figure of £6m sounds about right).

Of african origin, cut him some slack, leave the race debate for other forums.

Anyway, i would take N''Zonzi, i''ve got a feeling West Ham are going to be a bit annoying this window. As for N''Gog and N''Zogbia, no and not for the money he''d want.

Good player but can we do better or is he necessarily the best player to suit our needs?I think he can play more expansively than as a DM but thats not the point, fact is i think there are players who are better options for us to sign. If he was cheap and cheerful then maybe however. Cant rule anything out.

Jimmy Smith wrote -

"Of african origin, cut him some slack, leave the race debate for other forums."

Debate? WTF are you going on about?

Look, so he was a bit lapse in calling them ''african'' the surname pattern is a particularly african trait for surnames.

Anyway, enough of that, we''re here to talk about N''Zonzi''s virtues as a fine footballer, not where he''s from, where his family originate from or what he likes for tea. If we managed to get him to Norwich, he''d be a fine signing even if he did get the odd sending off

I would have him here, but only at the right price. I''m not sure any of us really know what systems Hughton is dreaming up for next season, but I''m sure he could fit in somewhere if he was the right player for us

Surely we would be better off targeting what we need rather than trying to get someone to "fit in somewhere if he was the right player for us".

we definitely need another and better defensive midfielder - it was consistently the weakest area of play last season.

nzonzi is a quality player and would improve the squad - whether we can buy better for less is probably the key factor here.

I think we should fill other positions first, given that we already have two DMs who hopefully will be even better players next year. I also wonder about his temperament (but you might say that about Johnson as well!).

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/402244/West-Ham-and-Norwich-eye-up-Steven-N-Zonzi-after-Stoke-confirm-transfer-requestI don''t know - he was frozen out at Blackburn, and now he''s handed in a transfer request while the club''s in turmoil - doesn''t strike me as a team player, if you know what I mean.  He''s got 3 years left on his contract, why not keep his head down and mouth closed at least until they have a new manager and he knows where he fits into the new plans?Not that I have anything against players handing in transfer requests while their club is managerless - especially if they are fat...

I accept that he is essentially a defensive midfield (who can actually pass), but surely we could expect a few goals from such a player. I think he has one this season for Stoke, admittedly more than Tettey, and he didn''t score many for Blackburn.

What worries me is that he is in his mid-twenties and has been involved with so many clubs. Does he have an attitude problem? I gather he wants to play for France, understandable if that is where he comes come, but would he whole-hearted for any club?

[quote user="Jan van Chopsburg"]he''s handed in a transfer request while the club''s in turmoil...[/quote]Being fair, I think I''d hand in a transfer request if I thought Mark Hughes was going to be the new gaffer...

Personally, I think he''s exactly the sort of player we need.

Despite Bradley being voted 3rd in player of the season, he is certainly too deficient in the passing/technique area to be a guaranteed starter if we genuinely plan on improving next season.

Has looked a lot better since the new year, granted, but I think he has one of the worst pass accuracies in the league, whilst also being, at one point, the most dribbled past player in the prem.

Why is it that one person reads something on a dodgy website, sticks it on here, everyone regards it immediately as gospel without any questioning, repeats it ad nauseum until the cows come home and then, just like sheep, jump on the bandwagon which gets bigger and bigger. Oh for some personal opinion and individual thought.