Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

He is so left footed....

These were the comments made last night about Robben as he played on the right wing.

I have been very critical of our own left footed winger at times this season but as shown last night they are very handy!

Snodgrass is nowhere near as left footed as Robben. At least attempts to kick it with his right foot! I don''t think I''ve ever seen Robben kick it with his right

What struck me most about Snodgrass in the final 8 or so games of the season was that he actually started to cross with his right - and to be honest I thought they were decent crosses.

Far too much of this season he frustrated by cutting in and not getting the cross in. Snoddy has done a lot of good this season, but I think the strikers suffered from the lack of right footed crosses - its harder to attack an inswinger from the right with the left foot than a cross directly from the byline.

Snodgrass appears to have been addressing that deficiency (perhaps as a response to being played on the left, where he is clearly ineffective), which I think is great. Either good coaching, or a sign of a player who wants to develop, or both.

Next season if he can offer a right-footed cross and a left footed threat he could be sensational. Great signs

Robben seems to be one of those who could of been so much more.

I didn''t know he''d been the unlucky loser so many times, World cup runner up, Champs league runner up twice.

The guy needs a good hug

Why do people (not just here but in the media genearally) only ever comment about left footed players'' limitations?  Nobody ever comments how much more Gerard or Beckham and many others might have achieved if they could use their swinger more effectively.

(At least I can personally claim to have been genuinely 2-footed in my playing days -  c**p with both).

I always wonder that Absent Friend.

Hoolahan has had a lot of grief over the years from certain Norwich fans for only using his left foot. But some of the same fans would heap praise on a player like David Fox, who is just as right footed as Hoolahan is left footed.

Its odd really.

Robben does make up for his lack of right foot with electric pace.

Snodgrass began using his right foot a little more in the closing matches this season. We''ve seen with Pilkington how useful it is being able to put a ball in with either foot, an absolute nightmare for opposing full backs who like to show wingers 1 way or the other.

It doesn''t have to be whipped in with the weaker foot but just showing an opposition full back that you can put the ball in with the weaker foot creates so much more space in which to use your stronger foot.