Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Fantasy Norwich Player

Alright then.If you could choose any player who has ever played professional football and put him in a Norwich shirt who would be your ideal signing?Can be from any team.Can play in any position.Can be a modern day player or someone from days gone by.Can be someone Norwich actually signed.Mine would have to be Frank LampardAlways been a massive fan of his, an English legend, superb goal scorer, loyal professional and appears to be a generally nice guy.

Wow. Do you have to be that strict?

I''m going to do a past and present, if thats ok. Although its going to be a real struggle.

Messi.

Obvious choice, but I''ve liked him since I first saw him play (total hipster, I know :P). He is brilliant, his control, vision, pace, passing, shooting, attitude and existence are all amazing.

Dennis Bergkamp.

Loved watching him play, got overshadowed by Henry late on in his career, and I think a little underrated.

Gheorge Hagi for me from those I have see, closely followed by Platini.

From olden days Duncan Edwards wins hands down (from my late grandfather), although Eusebio, Puskas and Lev Yashin were world class and pioneers in their own rights

Present - I''ll have CR7 please. Messi is a joy to watch, don''t get me wrong but I don''t think his game is suited to EPL style football. Cristiano on the other hand has already played and excelled in the Prem.
Past - I''d guess there''ll be varying opinions on who people would have with so many candidates to pick from. I''d either have Beckenbauer or Cruyff if picking purely on skill and impact they''d have on a team playing in the Prem (Ive factored in playing styles) (although you could substitute those two names with numerous others and argue the case on that basis). On a purely personal level, I''d take Zbigniew Boniek. Best player Poland have ever produced (Probably top 25-30 globally ever) and capable of singlehandedly destroying teams. Took a bang average Poland side to a 3rd place World cup finish in ''82 almost literally by himself. Seeing a Pole, any Pole, in a Norwich shirt would be immense for me, but if we''d had Zibi Boniek then it would have been another level.

Present: Difficult choice between Messi or Ronaldo. I think I''d probably go for Ronaldo, as KIO mentions above his game seems more suited to the more physical aspects of the Premier League. I have no doubt that a player of Messi''s ability would thrive in the Premier League, but I think Ronaldo is more of a natural fit.
Past: Michael Laudrup. Quite possibly the best dribbler of all time, the speed at which he could move with the ball stuck to his feet... incredible. His runs from midfield terrified the opposition, he was also a real team player, who loved to create chances for his team-mates. It says alot about him that the biggest criticism Platini could find for him was a lack of selfishness, which caused him to score less goals than a player of his ability deserved. 

I''d take a pre 1998 World Cup final Ronaldo (the proper one not Christiano). I think people forget quite how good he was back then.

From ''now'' I''d take Didier Drogba. Leads the line, gets goals and a great character to have around. Yes, there is the gamesmanship but that little bit of cunning/cheating (depending on what side you are on) seems to be as part of the game now as throw ins and corners, so, if its even worth a couple of points a season, then...

From the past-agree on Bergkamp, no question.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]Thiery Henry just cause then he would be Canary Henry[/quote]I actually laughed out loud over this a little. I''m going to have to agree with this choice now.

Its between 3 for me, as ive never been so dazzled as when watching them play, I just saw there and gawped with amazement and it fuelled my love for football as a young man, and it has nothing to do with the fact they all played for Arsenal, they are just all very very superb individuals.Its between Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira.