Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Lambert should be a comedian!

A more likely and probable situation is that the Benteke transfer rumbles on all summer until the last day of the transfer window and he eventually goes to Arsenal for £25 million.  Villa''s pre season is ruined and their whole squad is unsettled.  Villa have no time to buy a replacement. Lerner pockets all the money. Villa start badly and Lambert is sacked in November.

The loyalty card is very rich coming from Lambert when he left Colchester and then Norwich in dubious circumstances.

[quote user="AJ"]I think most of us have a cigar on today.

We''ve reached a position where it''s win-win for the Villa. Even though Benteke''s agent is now claiming press misquoting. Doesn''t matter either way

Benteke stays and signs an extension to his, now 3 year current deal, great. Or a big big team table 30m and we sell up, and fund another 3 top class signings from under the radar again

It''s gonna be an interesting summer :)

UTV[/quote]Given that Arsenal''s transfer record is £15 million for Arshavin, and Spurs is £16 million for Modric, I think you''re seriously deluded if you honestly think someone''s going to pay £30 million for him. Especially when RVP cost £24 million......

Funny isn''t it, Vanilla look like thy might lose the reason they stayed up, and it is ''win win'' somehow? They dropped lucky with Bentecke, who was rather ordinary vs us - who is to say it''ll happen again? IMO they should be dead keen to keep him.

But equally, I couldn''t really give a toss.

Anything that weakens any team that finished beneath us, is a good thing.

There is no guarantees that once that happens , any team can strengthen to reach at least the previous standard. Purely because they are not a strong attraction ( hard facts Villa fans)

History will show that there are few teams who flirt big style with relegation, can call upon a 19 goal striker. If he goes, then for Villa to repeat that will attract big odds I feel.

Anyway, it''s not a given that Benteke will score loads next season. Many strikers fail to follow up a good first season for all sorts of reasons.

Aside from the obvious, strikers who did well last season but have fizzled this include Danny Graham, Sessignon and worst of all Papiss Cisse who is a shadow of the immense player he was last season.

The best result of all for schadenfreude would be for Villa to spend the summer in turmoil, persuade Benteke to stay and for him to have a barndoor five goal season.

[quote user="AJ"]I think most of us have a cigar on today. We''ve reached a position where it''s win-win for the Villa. Even though Benteke''s agent is now claiming press misquoting. Doesn''t matter either way Benteke stays and signs an extension to his, now 3 year current deal, great. Or a big big team table 30m and we sell up, and fund another 3 top class signings from under the radar again It''s gonna be an interesting summer :) UTV[/quote]

So lets say you sell him for £20m?....do you really believe Lerner will give Lambert all of that to spend?.Recent history from the sales of Milner,Young,Barry,Downing etc show that the Villa manager doesn''t get the proceeds to re-invest, indeed this was why O''Neill walked.

Lambert "might" get half and instead of buying the "3 top class signings" that you maybe hoping for, it''ll be on more lower league rubbish as these are the only level of players that he his comfortable managing........prepare for another relegation fight.

20m?. Not a chance!

30m might just tempt us to cash in, and I''m hearing whispers a few teams are likely to go for it. Atletico to replace Falcao for one, PSV and Monaco for two more

I''ve got a semi at the thought already. Not only that but I''ve also heard we''ve already been scouting young foreign strikers as we''re after one to replace Bent. So two new ones coming in with change left for a Gordon Cowans statue before we even start on the other needs make it sound like its a full blown summer of excitement ahead

This and the glorious sunshine outside are what it''s all about people

Embrace and enjoy!

UTV

£30 million PMSL I predict if you sell him Lerner will siphon off the cash if you keep him he''ll resort to type ie a striker who is not unaccustomed to being jeered by his own fans. One season wonder. "There''s only two Darren Bents......"

[quote user="AJ"]20m?. Not a chance!

30m might just tempt us to cash in, and I''m hearing whispers a few teams are likely to go for it. Atletico to replace Falcao for one, PSV and Monaco for two more

I''ve got a semi at the thought already. Not only that but I''ve also heard we''ve already been scouting young foreign strikers as we''re after one to replace Bent. So two new ones coming in with change left for a Gordon Cowans statue before we even start on the other needs make it sound like its a full blown summer of excitement ahead

Embrace and enjoy!

UTV[/quote]

Blimey, not only you deluded and a bit thick but you are also disgusting.

[quote user="AJ"]20m?. Not a chance!

Embrace and enjoy!

UTV[/quote]You''re missing the point. You can only get big money for players if they''re on lucrative contracts or are fairly settled. Carroll was Newcastle through and through, Rooney was a boyhood Everton fan, and Man United even massively over-paid for Berbatov to avoid tapping up charges. Benteke has no loyalty to a club that he''s played for one season, and saved from relegation. He doesn''t care, he wants to go. He''ll make damn sure that Villa take whatever other clubs offer, and it won''t be £30 million, because simply he''s not a world class player, and never will be.

Never trust a player that threatens to sue his old club in order to orchestrate a move to the EPL. Really surprised nobody picked up on his unprofessional behavior last summer.

Lambert broke his own rules when he bought Benteke - yes, he''s young and hungry, but he''s also the worst sort of selfish mercenary.

I tend to agree with Icecream. He won''t go for that kind of money. Although, they will make a profit on him.

That Vile fan was saying £25 million the other day. In the space of about 3 days, his value has gone up to £30 million. For someone has scored goals for about half a season. Go figure.

football is just mercenary now - is it professional to obtain your best earning potential across your career or stay loyal?   

Morally the majority of football is lost,   the players are disconnected from reality (looks at the level of court actions and John Terry lamentable attempts to re-write history by appearing to be part of a cup winning side) and posturing becomes not a point of prinicple but what suits you at the moment in time,   making lamberts hypocrisy the norm.   

It applies to clubs as well as players managers etc,  who will dispose of managers and players at the drop of the hat if it suits them,  or not play good players because of appearance clauses etc.

How many loyal city players have city truly had over the last 5-10 years?   Its a very small proportion of the players we have.   And I dont expect many of the current squad to have ncfc at their core when deciding transfer requests etc over the next 18 months.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

football is just mercenary now - is it professional to obtain your best earning potential across your career or stay loyal?   

Morally the majority of football is lost,   the players are disconnected from reality (looks at the level of court actions and John Terry lamentable attempts to re-write history by appearing to be part of a cup winning side) and posturing becomes not a point of prinicple but what suits you at the moment in time,   making lamberts hypocrisy the norm.   

It applies to clubs as well as players managers etc,  who will dispose of managers and players at the drop of the hat if it suits them,  or not play good players because of appearance clauses etc.

How many loyal city players have city truly had over the last 5-10 years?   Its a very small proportion of the players we have.   And I dont expect many of the current squad to have ncfc at their core when deciding transfer requests etc over the next 18 months.

[/quote]To flip that around the other way, the clubs can cast players off very easily.

Does anybody else have the feeling that this recent cuffuffle over contracts with Benteke was somewhat orchestrated. A little conspiracy between player and agent to alert as many other clubs as possible to the fact that Benteke would not be averse to a move to a bigger, or at least Championship, club perhaps?

Lambert fell for it hook line and whatsit, but then Benteke is probably the best player he has ever managed. Well? When was the last time anybody spoke in terms of Holty and £30m? [:)] 

I thought this might make a good subject for a new thread. The problem is mostly we never know who left when they didn''t want to. Hucks would certainly be one of our loyal players but that was only confirmed in detail when his book came out.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

It applies to clubs as well who will dispose of managers and players at the drop of the hat

[/quote]

To flip that around the other way, the clubs can cast players off very easily.

[/quote]

Agreed - just as i had said

This talk of 25 - 30 million is laughable, If he goes it will be for well under 20, and even then the payments will be structured based on achievements and games played. Does anyone really believe a club would pay a higher fee than van persie cost united. Good player but no where near the level that commands those type of fees.

As far as I am aware i have never met anyone who gets sexually aroused at the thought of selling his team''s best player.Weird behaviour.

[quote user="JF"]This talk of 25 - 30 million is laughable, If he goes it will be for well under 20, and even then the payments will be structured based on achievements and games played. Does anyone really believe a club would pay a higher fee than van persie cost united.[/quote]

Want a bet? For charity of course. If he goes this summer it''ll be over 25m easy. If he goes after the World Cup it''ll be more like 40m

There is a massive difference between Benteke & RVP. It''s called resale value. One is just 22, the other about to turn 30

Not to mention RVPs contract was about to run out whereas Benteke''s has 3 more years to run

= KERCHING!

It''s more the knowing he''s going now or next summer regardless. He''s too good for any club outside the very biggest

So getting a huge amount of money softens the blow and then some.

Ps. He didn''t win our player of the year, or young player of the year either.

[quote user="AJ"]

There is a massive difference between Benteke & RVP. It''s called resale value. One is just 22, the other about to turn 30

Not to mention RVPs contract was about to run out whereas Benteke''s has 3 more years to run

= KERCHING![/quote]The massive difference between RVP and Benteke is marketing value. It was said that when Beckham joined Real Madrid, they recouped his transfer fee selling him in a Real shirt around the world. Very few people outside of Britain know who Benteke is.........

This is my prediction AJ. Next season he will be a Spurs player and the fee will be no where near 30 million, 18 at the most.

a quick search on twitter shows what most outside of villa think his true value is. Villa fans have blue shaded classes on re this methinks. anything more than 20 and villa have robbed someone.

Why would somebody offer £25-40m plus the wages associated with a £25m plus player when realistically all they''ll have to do is offer Benteke the wages and he''ll be off like a shot based on the manner in which Villa took him from Genk?Nah any big profit in the deal is more likely to end up in Bentekes pocket than Villas transfer kitty, they might make a small profit but they have to be realistic and understand that in poaching a player who was prepared to leave Genk for one carrot they''ve landed themselves a player who is quite likely to move on to the first club to wave two or more carrots at him. He''ll certainly not be bothering about the transfer fee if someone comes in and says "Leave Villa and we''ll pay off your contract and give you three times as much money".Those low wages are going to come back and bite Villa.

(I noticed 19 league goals is a Premier League record for an Aston Villa player. Despite all the time and money they''ve spent in the league they''ve never had a 20 goal a season striker unlike Norwich. That''s poor imo).

[quote user="JF"]This is my prediction AJ. Next season he will be a Spurs player and the fee will be no where near 30 million, 18 at the most.[/quote]

Happy to stake £25 against that.

[quote user="Zak Van Burger"] Why would somebody offer £25-40m plus the wages associated with a £25m plus player when realistically all they''ll have to do is offer Benteke the wages and he''ll be off like a shot based on the manner in which Villa took him from Genk?Nah any big profit in the deal is more likely to end up in Bentekes pocket than Villas transfer kitty, they might make a small profit but they have to be realistic and understand that in poaching a player who was prepared to leave Genk for one carrot they''ve landed themselves a player who is quite likely to move on to the first club to wave two or more carrots at him. He''ll certainly not be bothering about the transfer fee if someone comes in and says "Leave Villa and we''ll pay off your contract and give you three times as much money".Those low wages are going to come back and bite Villa.

(I noticed 19 league goals is a Premier League record for an Aston Villa player. Despite all the time and money they''ve spent in the league they''ve never had a 20 goal a season striker unlike Norwich. That''s poor imo).[/quote]

Not a chance. Long contract, all the balls are in Villas court.

As for a 20 goal a season striker ... I''d rather have 3 scoring 10+ every year than one scoring 20. Obviously

I see we''re linked with another exciting young talent today

Viva La(mbert) Revolution

Is that the guy who, 6 months ago, was playing for Dagenham?  That would be a real rags to riches story wouldn''t you agree?  (Why am I even asking a Villa fan that question?)

I thought you were a ''big'' Club, and now you are getting excited by that? I like your outlook AJ

Yes, that''s the lad. This is what it''s all about now

Buying young hungry prospects and blending em with our own young lads. It''s the new philosophy. And I think by and large everyone''s going with it.

It''s a refreshing change believe me. Spent too much on too little for the best part of 20 years. Nice to have a long term plan in place instead of quick fix nonsense we''ve had for so long. We''re going the Dortmund route

Got our eye on a young Palace lad too.

UTV