Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Lambert should be a comedian!

Got SSN on and I''ve just heard him say "it''s a bit of a slap in the face when people say they''re going to stay at your football club to just walk out".

I''m fully behind CH but I just found it very very ironic that he''d come out with something like this!

Contract talks with Benteke have stalled - not entirely sure that''s what this is about though

I thought Benteke had been ''triffic'' for PL.

I presume that PL had reassured Christian that he would bring some other players to ''help'' him out next season?

What was that Paul, you haven''t yet, because you''ve got to save some money you say...........

[quote user="crabbycanary"]I thought Benteke had been ''triffic'' for PL.

I presume that PL had reassured Christian that he would bring some other players to ''help'' him out next season?

What was that Paul, you haven''t yet, because you''ve got to save some money you say...........[/quote]

They lads just need a hand and so Paul Lambert will do everything they can to help them out[Y]

To be fair  (as fair as I can be,to such a classless individual), Paul Lambert didn''t actually say that he was ''going to stay with us'' last summer?

If you recall he shriked the question every time he was asked it directly and got rather angry with reporters who tried to press the issue.

What I did find more laughable though was his contrived declaration on football focus a couple of weeks ago that he was a Villa fan as a boy?!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

To be fair  (as fair as I can be,to such a classless individual), Paul Lambert didn''t actually say that he was ''going to stay with us'' last summer?

If you recall he shriked the question every time he was asked it directly and got rather angry with reporters who tried to press the issue.

What I did find more laughable though was his contrived declaration on football focus a couple of weeks ago that he was a Villa fan as a boy?!

[/quote]Yeah I saw that! It was on the Football Focus before our home game against AV wasnt it?

Haha, I don''t usually get involved in the lambert stuff on here or twitter. But this is pretty funny

What comes around ....

Seriously though, if you were offered 30 mill would you take it after 1 good year. Randy man would i think, he is a business man and that would be a good bit of buisness.

Shambert must be sh@tting himself at the thought of losing him.

It will be hilarious if Benteke walks out on him. He will suddenly know what being shat on from a great height feels like.TBH if you were Benteke would you stay there for another season of relegation fight?Hopefully Weimann will follow the same track.

Does he actually hears what he says?

Its certifiable given his history.

You can just see it now.Christian Benteke and his agent turns up to discuss a possible move at Villa Park and Lambert starts lecturing him on loyalty.To which CB says "that''s ironic give your history Paul?"PL: "Aye but my mother bought me a Villa kit so it''s alright. I only came to this club to give you and they lads out there a hand. We need to try really really hard!"

While it would be amusing if Benteke wants a move (and not much of a surprise if he goes over the summer really) it will give a pot of cash for Lambert to spend.  If he is sold and Lerner snaffles most of the cash, that would be different.

But I''d hold fire on the schadenfreude for now! 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]That reminds me of Robbie Keane. I think every time he''s signed for a club he''s ''realised the dream of playing for the club he supported as a boy''![:D]

It''s clear Benteke doesn''t want to stay and is desperately trying to engineer a move. Which can only end badly for Villa. Initially, I doubt any teams will come in for him in an attempt to drive the price down to £15 million.

Next Weimann will do something similar, accusing the club of "a lack of ambition"

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]

It''s clear Benteke doesn''t want to stay and is desperately trying to engineer a move. Which can only end badly for Villa. Initially, I doubt any teams will come in for him in an attempt to drive the price down to £15 million.

Next Weimann will do something similar, accusing the club of "a lack of ambition"

[/quote]

Benteke must have been reassured by this comment by Lambert : "He''s only a kid starting out and he''s going to have ups and downs like everybody else. Once he starts to play 400 or 500 games you might think, ''yeah, he''s a good player''.

I think most of us have a cigar on today.

We''ve reached a position where it''s win-win for the Villa. Even though Benteke''s agent is now claiming press misquoting. Doesn''t matter either way

Benteke stays and signs an extension to his, now 3 year current deal, great. Or a big big team table 30m and we sell up, and fund another 3 top class signings from under the radar again

It''s gonna be an interesting summer :)

UTV

[quote user="AJ"]I think most of us have a cigar on today. We''ve reached a position where it''s win-win for the Villa. Even though Benteke''s agent is now claiming press misquoting. Doesn''t matter either way Benteke stays and signs an extension to his, now 3 year current deal, great. Or a big big team table 30m and we sell up, and fund another 3 top class signings from under the radar again It''s gonna be an interesting summer :) UTV[/quote]

Heard that Weimann wants to join us, any idea how much the fee is going to be? [<:o)]

[quote user="AJ"]I think most of us have a cigar on today.

We''ve reached a position where it''s win-win for the Villa. Even though Benteke''s agent is now claiming press misquoting. Doesn''t matter either way

Benteke stays and signs an extension to his, now 3 year current deal, great. Or a big big team table 30m and we sell up, and fund another 3 top class signings from under the radar again

UTV[/quote]Stop saying "The Villa".You and your other Villa fans just sound ridiculous.

[quote user="AJ"]I think most of us have a cigar on today.

UTV[/quote]

Win-win? How so? Your top scorer leaves after forcing a transfer and Villa get what? I reckon £15-20 million at best. Lambert goes out and buys the top scorer from a Blue Square Premier side. Lerner trousers the balance.

Or he signs a new contract after Villa force him to stay and he gives half hearted perfomances until January when he leaves after Lambert drops him. Fee = £10 million.