Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Aaron Wilbraham

Looks set to be in the starting line up for Palace tomorrow.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10078933/Crystal-Palace-v-Watford-Ian-Holloway-backs-Aaron-Wilbraham-to-fill-void-left-by-Glenn-Murray.htmlMoney on him to score a 90th minute winner.

[quote user="BarclayUpperCut"] shame he never worked out for us.
[/quote]

Did he not?

I agree - for a player coming in from lower leagues who was always up against it (I.e the Canaries faithfull), I thought he did well and in reality exceeded expectations. There is no denying he was awesome against Leicester away in particular. Good luck to him.

The player our great friend Ricardo named Wheeliebin certainly did work out ok. I remember him playing really well in our fantastic win at Spurs last season. I think we all underrated him when he arrived. I understand he''s starting tomorrow and if nothing else it will remind me to put my bin out ready for bluemike on Tuesday morning...

And he scored against Fulham. Something most NCFC players seem to seriously struggle to even come close to doing....

lets face it, he was the bargain basement buy when everyone wanted the huckerby style championship rolls royce to help us push on, we were lucky the players already at the club came up with the goods

even if they are promoted and he scores a hat trick he wont be playing premier league football with them

i would say it worked out for him very well here. he added a chapter to his career that he could surely have never expected and didn''t do too badly all said and done, i bet he still pinches himself every day to make sure it actually did happen, good luck to the bloke OTBC

Good luck to a wholehearted player who received nothing but abuse and ridicule the first few months he was here from the so called "knowledgeable" fans - mainly because  he didn''t fit their image of what a footballer should  look like.  Not all of us wrote him off, but some of our fans never gave him a chance  and he answered them in the best way possible - on the pitch.   

Top bloke, hope he does well today.

"Gingerpele"And he scored against Fulham. Something most NCFC players seem to seriously struggle to even come close to doing....

Haha. I was moaning to my mate when he got subbed on. Wilby soon shut me up. He was much better than I had given him credit for.

Yep, I''d agree and say he worked out just fine here. He was never going to be some mercurial talent banging them in for fun, but what he was excellent at was holding the ball up and bringing others into play. Despite the crap he got from some elements of our fan base, he always gave 100% and even scored a Premier league goal, a dream I would bet he''d given up on before we signed him, as a 30/31 year old playing Lg 1 football. When he scored away at Leics in the Champs season you could see how much it meant to him, and you could also see how chuffed all the other players were for him.
Top bloke and I really wish him well today. Hope he has a blinder, and he will be starting in a Wembley final for the first time in his career, an opportunity few players get. I doubt Palace keep him if they go up, but even so, what a fantastic few years to end a fairly uneventful career. I wish the guy nothing but the best of luck today.

Nothing against the guy at all, hope it goes well for him. He was obviously brought in by PL to provide cover and did the job well enough without pulling up any trees...some do seem to be overplaying the role he played a wee bit, but I hope he takes his moment in the sun today.

Good luck to the lad, I met him in the resturant I use to work at and he was a true gent much happier than some of the other players to have a chat and said thanks to everyone after he left. In terms of on the pitch... did he ever really put a foot wrong? Ever have a real shocker, I seem to remember him being quite effective as a battering ram style player to bring on if we needed to mix it abit with the other team in the last quater of the match.

I thought he had a good game to be fair. He didn''t really miss those chances either. It''s such an easy game on tv!! He certainly played a huge part in a magnificent team effort[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I thought he had a good game to be fair. He didn''t really miss those chances either. It''s such an easy game on tv!! He certainly played a huge part in a magnificent team effort[Y]

[/quote]I agree with that Nigel. Wheelie put in a decent shift, might have scored although that was never his strong suite. He held up play well and was calm in possession. He''s been a good professional and had a decent carreer in the lower leagues. Good luck to him.

Would be surprised if he is still with them next year. Pleased but surprised.