Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Potential billionaire investor for NCFC?

Latest tweet from Alexsander Orlov...

" I feel like I only Russian billionaire who not have own football club, which one should I buy?"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aleksandr_Orlov

Anybody think we could tempt a big name like him here and get rid of Delia? Opinions?

;)

( Sorry,, football season is over. May as well have a laugh)

I''m not Delia''s biggest fan, but at least the daft cook is a real City supporter, so no thanks to the Russki.

[quote user="East Coast Canary"]I''m not Delia''s biggest fan, but at least the daft cook is a real City supporter, so no thanks to the Russki.[/quote]

its ok, he wont come over from meirkovo just for us.. simples!

[quote user="East Coast Canary"]I''m not Delia''s biggest fan, but at least the daft cook is a real City supporter, so no thanks to the Russki.[/quote]You can change your name Wiz but you can''ty change your style. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="East Coast Canary"]I''m not Delia''s biggest fan, but at least the daft cook is a real City supporter, so no thanks to the Russki.[/quote]

You can change your name Wiz but you can''ty change your style. [;)]
[/quote]

I think I''ll have a couple of hissy fits and flounce off then return as Hellesdaon Canary. Do ya think anyone would notice....

Oh, I''m Wiz now am I?

I thought he was that Van Winki bloke.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Which bit of my post made you think of Wiz[:^)]

[/quote]

I was replying to Lappin, I should have made that clearer Mr Nutty.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]How do you know kangaroo?[/quote]because he''s a Trillionaire!!! how could you not know this!? pah!

Aleksander Orlov.... isn''t he the Meerkat from CompareTheMeerkat.com? We can''t be getting animal fur in the boardroom now!

If he''s going to run the club like an autocrat, deny funds or expect a large dividend, I would prefer to carry on with Celia. She is a local, kept the club  going, and supported the team through thick and thin. It would be a major mistake to eject her now we get near to bit time.

If she has investigated the Ruski, is happy with his plans and wants to bow out, that''s a different matter.

[quote user="Salopian"]I would prefer to carry on with Celia.....[/quote]I don''t think her husband would be too happy and anyway, we wouldn''t want to put her job on the web-team in jeopardy....

Celia? Some typos on this forum can be very amusing and are the only time I don''t regret the lack of an edit facility.

Have we learned nothing from the disaster zones created at previously well run clubs when the wealthy foreign investors with a desire to play at Fifa 13 with real players decide to get involved.The money might be nice, but the potential for a monumental destruction of our football club is all too obvious.I''m perfectly happy with the status quo thanks. Leave it all to McNasty to keep us on the right road.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Latest tweet from Alexsander Orlov...

" I feel like I only Russian billionaire who not have own football club, which one should I buy?"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aleksandr_Orlov

Anybody think we could tempt a big name like him here and get rid of Delia? Opinions?

;)[/quote]It depends how he''s made his money, for one thing.  If it''s oil or gas or weapons, or kryptonite, say, then I''m out.  If it''s commission payments from a financial services aggregator site then I''m prone to looking at it more favourably.  Would there be a free cuddly toy in NCFC kit for each person taking out a Season Ticket?  That would swing it for me. I mean, I''m hugely proud of what Delia and MWJ have achieved and I am grateful for their financial input over the past few years, apart from 2005-2010 when I thought they were a two-headed minion of Satan,  tighter than a gnat''s chuff and one glass of vino away from The Priory.  The beauty of message boards is I will never have to say sorry for that opinion, so don''t even try me.  All I''ll say is I''ve been consistently right on this all along and yes, if Mr. Orlov wants to buy the majority shareholding, pump billions into the club and sign marquee players like Arshavin, gimme gimme gimme.

[quote user="Robornio"]Aleksander Orlov.... isn''t he the Meerkat from CompareTheMeerkat.com? We can''t be getting animal fur in the boardroom now![/quote]

Wrong Meerkat as he is one from Coronation St.

Some of the things I admire about this club is achieving things on its own terms, by good management, player development, motivation, etc. City is earning its way to success rather than buying its way into it. It may sound strange from me, (as I''m not even British), but having a local owner, who is a genuine fan, is something less and less clubs can "afford", and definitely something to be proud of. The example of QPR shows how money in itself is no guarantee for good/successful football, while Norwich is one of the best examples for success by proper management. If it ain''t broke don''t fix it. Simple as.