Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

How much will we spend on transfer Fees this season?

All about opinions but This season coming the TV cash has gone up from£39m to £63m for the bottom club and we have cleared the bank debt which we have been paying back at £10m for the  last 2 seasons. In 2011/12 we spent about £15m on transfer fees throughout the season. In 2012/13 we spent about £22m in fees if you include Garrido and RVW.   The last 2 season we have brought in 7 to 9 players each season. IMO it will be less this year possibly 6 or so but who knows. The emphasis has to be on quality not quantity and as such RVW could spell somewhat of a watershed as to the type and quality of players we go for. There will be an expectation that we kick on the be an assured mid table side without the stresses of the last month to 6 weeks of the last season. I can see a £20 to £30m budget for the summer with some contingency above this for January. This sounds almost fanciful BUT if you look at the 2012/13 spending and we will have at least an additional £33m [ even if we finish bottom which is unlikely and unexpected] and this figure rises to £40m plus if we finish 11/12th again. Where we may find difficulties is wages as I cannot see any willingness to go to silly prices over and above what Bassong and RVW may be on. It promises to be an interesting and enjoyable summer

Well including RVW and Garrido in ''this seasons'' budget, we must have spent £20 million or so. I''d imagine overall next season we can better that by a good £10 million if we want/need to.

Will depend on how inflated the market becomes.

Enough, I hope!

Any number is so speculative that it''s hardly worth the effort. There are so many other extra costs, including recruitment, academy/scouting, and leaving something over for January, in case.

If we have any budget left over from last season, then we could conceivably spend another £10m on top of RvW and Garrido. So perhaps one major and pleasing signing and three or four other cheaper ones?

Spot on JG it will be in the region of £30m. I should say 6 or 7 players will come in. We are in store for a really exciting summer.

I think the same also, i think we have to look in a different direction. In the past we have brought hungry players from lower clubs who are hungry for football and have a certain amount of potential. I think now it''s all about finding the right balance between quality proven players and players who have potential. After two years in the prem, our players have gained alot of experience and are overall a better team for it, they know how Hughton works and what is wanted of them. It''s now adding that bit of pedigree and quality to give us that cutting edge over teams, similar to what Lansbury and Pacheco gave us in the championship, and we all know players like them at the time cost a bit, so i think we can expect more big money signings (for Norwich).

I also think that the budget will be £25-30m, though some may be kept back for January. I thought CH got the balance between established players (Bassong, Turner, Whittaker, Tettey, Bunn and Garrido) and younger hungry players from the Championship (Snodgrass, Butterfield, Becchio) about right. It could be similar again, but concentrating on quality rather than quantity this time around. 5-6 players, IMO.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends on how much we intend to spend on wages.[/quote].....and how much they decide to hold back for stadium expansion. [;)]

The budget was for £14 million plus anything we made on cup runs and Prem places so its probably around £20 million. Hard to say how many players but I think quality will take priority over quantity so maybe 3 or 4 by August and a few quid left for the mid season window.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends on how much we intend to spend on wages.[/quote]

.....and how much they decide to hold back for stadium expansion. [;)]
[/quote]

And is Delia still salting it away in ''er purse or is that too 2005-10ish?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends on how much we intend to spend on wages.[/quote].....and how much they decide to hold back for stadium expansion. [;)][/quote]Doubt we''ll see anything more than a new shiny yellow seat for S o B.[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends on how much we intend to spend on wages.[/quote].....and how much they decide to hold back for stadium expansion. [;)][/quote]I seem to remember we paid a £3m deposit for RVW so there''s still £5m outstanding there.......And what if the Smiths and Foulger decide it''s time to collect their loans?That leaves about £1.5m to spend I reckon. [:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I guess it depends on how much we intend to spend on wages.[/quote]

.....and how much they decide to hold back for stadium expansion. [;)]
[/quote]

And is Delia still salting it away in ''er purse or is that too 2005-10ish?

[/quote]

Only a F.P.A. can answer that but there is never one around when you want one.