Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Why all this

Why all the negative comments threads regarding Paul Lambert ?. He took over Norwich City when they were in deep sh** and took them by the scruff of the neck and dragged them into the Premiership. A lot of people seen to forget just where Norwich were heading prior to his arrival.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Who?[/quote]

Never heard of him myself.

The divorce was acrimonious. He threatened to sue our football club and in the end it became clear that his every action was aimed at promoting himself to an unusual degree.

He possibly schemed his move to Villa whilst expressing loyalty to us, the club who took him from nowhere.

Great manager, thank God we had the Messiah, but very dubious individual IMO with little class.

On top of all this we had to put up with the disdainful ''little club'' jibe from Villa fans on a continuous basis. 

it was a two way street, bud. norwich did for him as much as he did for norwich.

and the thread is purely about obvious hypocrisy, which there is no denying that there is in his statements last week.

if it wasn''t lambert, i have the confidence (with hindsight) that mcnasty would of found another "chosen one"

He was at Livingston,Wycombe and Col Who before us so no big clubs were taking a punt on him. If it wasnt for our relegation to League 1 he would prob be at somewhere like Walsall now so he has us to thank.

I dont think many of us were that impressed the day he walked in the door and we gave him his big chance. 2 way thing, both benifited !

Very difficult man to work with and for from what we hear but he could have left on far better terms.

Instead he chose the jumping ship route through (we think ) a dubious method and probably already had a move arranged before the end of the season (even the Vile fans were singing only 1 PL last game of season)

Always be grateful for what he did, but not the most honourable person in the world of footy and his constant jibes at the club and management shows that.

I spent most of last season telling sucidal villa supporters he will keep them up and to enjoy him while they can. One thing for sure ,from what all my villa supporting mate keep saying he has to hit the ground running next year !!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

The divorce was acrimonious. He threatened to sue our football club and in the end it became clear that his every action was aimed at promoting himself to an unusual degree.

He possibly schemed his move to Villa whilst expressing loyalty to us, the club who took him from nowhere.

Great manager, thank God we had the Messiah, but very dubious individual IMO with little class.

On top of all this we had to put up with the disdainful ''little club'' jibe from Villa fans on a continuous basis. 

[/quote]You''ve summed it up for me.He was tapped up in my opinion.SOTV

The fecken subject of Paul Lambert is doing my head in. Wonderful manager of Norwich City and gave us some great times but HE IS OLD NEWS FOR CHRISTS SAKE. GET OVER IT YOU SADDOS. If he was to leave Villa i dread to think how many threads that will be worth and don''t get me started on the Bentenke saga unless of course someone can tell me it is Norwich City related.[:@]

Well that''s you lot told. I think that''s an official caution from the Forum Police for all of you.

Maybe we could have an approved list of topics, and opinions that we''re allowed to hold as a sticky at the top of the page so we all know what we''re allowed to say?

I don''t think it''s a question of having a list of topics, more of case of being sick to death when the same old thing is raised over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...........................................................................................................................................

over again !!

He is NOT our manager - has''nt been for nearly twelve months - he manages some other team - I am not interested - end of!

[quote user="Orford65"]He is NOT our manager - has''nt been for nearly twelve months - he manages some other team - I am not interested - end of![/quote]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Well that''s you lot told. I think that''s an official caution from the Forum Police for all of you. Maybe we could have an approved list of topics, and opinions that we''re allowed to hold as a sticky at the top of the page so we all know what we''re allowed to say?[/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/gavin71/media/red_card.jpg.html][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/gavin71/red_card.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Well that''s you lot told. I think that''s an official caution from the Forum Police for all of you. Maybe we could have an approved list of topics, and opinions that we''re allowed to hold as a sticky at the top of the page so we all know what we''re allowed to say?[/quote]

I''d like to put forward the binners for inclusion in your list of approved topics Brownie. It seems every time there''s an opportunity to rip the pee out of them Pete moves it to "other football".

But I think we are all getting a bit forum moderatorish with these suggestions. Perhaps Pete could pin the real approved list so we can understand what is or isn''t Norwich related!

If Norwich supporters continue to have an interest in an ex-Norwich manager, then those Norwich supporters have every right to post about him, as after all, he will still have a connection with Norwich in perpetuity because of his time here.    That goes for players too.    Or we could restrict this message board to discussing present playing staff and management only.  At least that would get rid of all the interminable threads about the latest rumour/wish list for the latest fancy sounding foreign player who is not at this club and who may or may not be coming here during the summer. 

On topic - people  are quick to attack Lambert and the way he left - but most of us

don''t know all the facts - and there are always two sides to an

argument.  Those who continue to villify him without knowing all the

facts are no better than lynch mobs who would string someone up because

it suited their mob mentality.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Norwich supporters continue to have an interest in an ex-Norwich manager, then those Norwich supporters have every right to post about him, as after all, he will still have a connection with Norwich in perpetuity because of his time here.    That goes for players too.    Or we could restrict this message board to discussing present playing staff and management only.  At least that would get rid of all the interminable threads about the latest rumour/wish list for the latest fancy sounding foreign player who is not at this club and who may or may not be coming here during the summer. 

On topic - people  are quick to attack Lambert and the way he left - but most of us don''t know all the facts - and there are always two sides to an argument.  Those who continue to villify him without knowing all the facts are no better than lynch mobs who would string someone up because it suited their mob mentality.  

[/quote]

Totally agree. And the binners will always be are local rivals even if we never play them again. These are all topics that will be of interest to Norwich fans. Why move them from the main board?

Pete is doing the right thing nutty. They are unworthy to be on the front page of an NCFC forum and should be relegated to other football. They are an irrelevance. What better way to show disdain for the binners.

[quote user="Herman "]Pete is doing the right thing nutty. They are unworthy to be on the front page of an NCFC forum and should be relegated to other football. They are an irrelevance. What better way to show disdain for the binners.[/quote]They should be moved to "Non-Football", as that''s a forum which has about four people using it and would therefore be the perfect online metaphor for Portman Road.

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Norwich supporters continue to have an interest in an ex-Norwich manager, then those Norwich supporters have every right to post about him, as after all, he will still have a connection with Norwich in perpetuity because of his time here.    That goes for players too.    Or we could restrict this message board to discussing present playing staff and management only.  At least that would get rid of all the interminable threads about the latest rumour/wish list for the latest fancy sounding foreign player who is not at this club and who may or may not be coming here during the summer. 

On topic - people  are quick to attack Lambert and the way he left - but most of us don''t know all the facts - and there are always two sides to an argument.  Those who continue to villify him without knowing all the facts are no better than lynch mobs who would string someone up because it suited their mob mentality.  

[/quote]

Six threads on the front page concerning Lambert and/or Villa players with most of it going over the same old ground again and again.What exactly is it achieving other than fuelling this never ending obseesion with the goings on at Villa Park. [:(]

if people want to start a new thread then let them, you don''t have to read it ... why should people have to add there opinion to an inner circle borefest that most people gave up on at page 8... the only reason these people moan about new threads is cos they think you might be bypassing there superior opinions on all things norwich city OTBC

[quote user="im spartacus"]if people want to start a new thread then let them, you don''t have to read it ... why should people have to add there opinion to an inner circle borefest that most people gave up on at page 8... the only reason these people moan about new threads is cos they think you might be bypassing there superior opinions on all things norwich city OTBC[/quote]

Ah the infamous Inner Circle tripe gets wheeled out yet again by one of the usual suspects. How original.

"Ah the infamous Inner Circle tripe gets wheeled out yet again by one of the usual suspects. How original."

The Lady doth protest too much, me thinks!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Six threads on the front page concerning Lambert and/or Villa players with most of it going over the same old ground again and again.What exactly is it achieving other than fuelling this never ending obseesion with the goings on at Villa Park. [:(]

[/quote]

Make that seven as Weimann has just popped up.